Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

1970 C10 lots of help please

Options
  • 31-07-2008 2:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I have been given a 1970 C10 by my father. He is passing away soon and I want to make it a tribute for my father, and one thing he has always believed in is the Engine. Looks do not matter. So basically what I want to do is rebuild the engine and exsaust. I know a little about engines already.

What I have done. . . . .
    Bought almost new 350 engine 5.7 8 Cylinder (8000 miles)
    Aluminum Eldibrock
    4 Barrel Eldibrock Carb (new)
    2in exsaust stops right behind tires (dual)
    New rims and tires
    New distributor with Water proof 4 point controll mod
    New rocker covers eldibrock (tap it pans)
    New altinator cant remeber amps and volts, but I do know more then enough

Things I want to do, but need help. . . . .
    Fan I dont really like clutch fans I understand what they do, but have not really seen a nice looking one yet.

What size exaust should I use and prolly going to get purple hooters pops sugested it.

Headers totally lost never had enough money to go buy any till now.

cam shaft pops suggested 280 lobe through eldibrock

I need power brakes

this is all I can think of off the top of my head so if any one has any other suggestions feel free to say anything, just please dont put any of that BS where you say something Fu King Re Todd ID

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Classic car forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭Slig

I have been given a 1970 C10 by my father. He is passing away soon and I want to make it a tribute for my father, and one thing he has always believed in is the Engine. Looks do not matter. So basically what I want to do is rebuild the engine and exsaust. I know a little about engines already.

Aluminum Eldibrock
    New rims and tires

Fan I dont really like clutch fans I understand what they do, but have not really seen a nice looking one yet.

What size exaust should I use and prolly going to get purple hooters pops sugested it.

I need power brakes

this is all I can think of off the top of my head so if any one has any other suggestions feel free to say anything, just please dont put any of that BS where you say something Fu King Re Todd ID

I think theyd probably crucify him over there for what he wants to do:P
    I'm no help but looks like a nice project and I hope it works well for you

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

thread moved

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Aluminum Eldibrock
    New rims and tires

I need power brakes

Q1,whats a C10.
    Q2,where are you based?
    Q3,all that sounds very expensive?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

I need power brakes

You could fit a flexi fan,come in nice colours too:)basicaly the blades flatten out as the speed increases,you will probably need to fit a spacer to bring it closer to the rad,the disadvantage is they tent to put extra strain on the water pump bearing.
    You could also fit an electric fan.

For the exaust,if your exit pipe is 2 inches,then there is no advantage to going larger further up the system,the larger diameter pipe the more drone you will get,whats a purple hooter? is it like a cherry bomb,straight throughs always sound great on a v8:)

Headers flow better than a manifold,ceramic coated are good.

A lumpy cam sounds great:),I would go with a mild one for driveability,Edebrock do a chart so you can match your carb and inlet manifold you already have to a specific cam,I would change the cam lobes aswell.

A very lumpy cam will give you very low vacuum at low revs,you will need vacuum for power brakes,although you can buy an independant vacuum pump.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Q1,whats a C10.
    A Chevy or GMC truck... I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

• Registered Users Posts: 22,206 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Methinks the OP is from across the pond. Motors forum must be scoring high on Google ranking!

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement