Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Helicopters

Options
  • 31-07-2008 5:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭

Some garden gnome just buzzed my house at an altitude of around ten feet at 5.30 am, looked like a largish multi passenger vehicle, taking off from the direction of Dunnes Westside later, although I don't know what might have attracted them out there.

Anyone know who owns this particular helicopter, that I might express my gratitude for the wakeup call via telephone or preferably in person? Failing that, is there some sort of aviation authority who might take an interest? I need options other than just lamping a net at them if they pass over again...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

It was the Irish Coast guard going to the hospital, still want to make a complaint? I am sure they are so sorry they woke you but hey someone needed their help..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

padi89 wrote: »
    It was the Irish Coast guard going to the hospital, still want to make a complaint? I am sure they are so sorry they woke you but hey someone needed their help..........
    Ahahaha, I thought it was some numpty from the races doing some joyriding, there have been enough of those flying over in the last few days. Fair enough!

I thought it was some numpty from the races doing some joyriding

Can the Galway forum get anymore anti race week? Joyriding pilots? Oh i dunno............Blame Canada springs to mind ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

There's 80 choppers around for the races so you would need a better description than "largish multi passenger vehicle"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Why are the people of Galway so ignorant when it comes to Helicopters!!? ha ha haven't used that one in a while :D

• Advertisement

Wompa1 wrote: »
    Why are the people of Galway so ignorant when it comes to Helicopters!!? ha ha haven't used that one in a while :D

Not sure what you mean by that. Do you expect that everyone should be able to tell the difference between an R44 and a jet ranger?

OP there's identifier codes on all aircraft in big writing or you could have given us an idea of the colour scheme. The coast guard is very unique for example.

How you cannot tell what this helicopter is for puzzles me :confused:

image2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Wompa1 wrote: »

:D:D:D

Joyriding pilots?
    No, joyriding people who pay pilots.
    OP there's identifier codes on all aircraft in big writing or you could have given us an idea of the colour scheme. The coast guard is very unique for example.
    It was 5.30 am and I was peering at the thing as it was flying into the pre-dawn light after it nearly rattled my windows out, thats why. Padi has it right though it was the coast guard, I remembered the silhouette of their choppers when he mentioned it.

My thinking was it was some sort of larger chartered helicopter at first, and some libertine was trying to impress the mistress or something. Not to worry.

some libertine was trying to impress the mistress or something. Not to worry.

Ah right....well that would really piss me off.

• Advertisement

Ah right....well that would really piss me off.
    Oh it did, I would have gained a great deal of satisfaction ruining someones weekend over it too, but I'm even happier knowing it was presumably a rescue operation.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

This thread is such a let-down. Here was me thinking you were going to tell a story about someone like KD pullin his flute out on Shop Street and waggling it about while shouting 'HELICOPTER' :eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭gd1987

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

image2.jpg

Come on man thats not the Shannon based one which frequents Galway!...

This is the Shannon based Irish Coast Guard Sikorsky S61N:p
    DSCF00701.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

lolcopter7ro.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Steyr wrote: »
    Come on man thats not the Shannon based one which frequents Galway!...

This is the Shannon based Irish Coast Guard Sikorsky S61N:p

Wow you're right, they are soo different!

Zzippy wrote: »
    Wow you're right, they are soo different!

We'll forgive him this one as the hippies robbed him of his big day out in Salthill this year.:(

Advertisement