Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Look-Back

• 31-07-2008 9:33am
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭

It happens from time to time, sometimes on a lonely stretch of country road or along a dusty kerb in the slack hours of the city, you're cycling, jogging or perhaps speed-walking in your little yellow shorts, listening to Paul Simon in badly-encoded FLAC format and in front of you appears a striking silhouette, a feminine shape of indeterminate age or origin, diaphanous satin caressing the rolling bezier curve of her soft hips as she sashays along the concrete with all the time in the world, brown calves smooth and taut, ankles slim in summer heels, the subtle arch of her back yielding the promise of a full bosom, shoulders round and inviting, hair falling in flaxen locks either side of a gently concave nape.... you draw alongside and overtake her, so far she's 10/10 but you're faced with a dilemma - do you flip the head round and make sure the face completes the picture and makes your morning or do you cruise on by, staring straight ahead, for fear of destroying the image of perfection when you see the crushed mug of a staffordshire welded onto what could have been a pretty head?

Look Back? 45 votes

Of course, the glass is 90% full
    0% 0 votes
    No way dude, this one's going straight to the spank bank
    82% 37 votes
    Me and my penchant for buggery care not for faces
    17% 8 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

yes and no. It's a tough oune OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I would do pretty much anything so I would look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I've had too much **** material ruined by a ferrit face. NEVER look back. remember it as it was meant to be, not what it really is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

It happens from time to time, sometimes on a lonely stretch of country road or along a dusty kerb in the slack hours of the city, you're cycling, jogging or perhaps speed-walking in your little yellow shorts, listening to Paul Simon in badly-encoded FLAC format and in front of you appears a striking silhouette, a feminine shape of indeterminate age or origin, diaphanous satin caressing the rolling bezier curve of her soft hips as she sashays along the concrete with all the time in the world, brown calves smooth and taut, ankles slim in summer heels, the subtle arch of her back yielding the promise of a full bosom, shoulders round and inviting, hair falling in flaxen locks either side of a gently concave nape.... you draw alongside and overtake her, so far she's 10/10 but you're faced with a dilemma - do you flip the head round and make sure the face completes the picture and makes your morning or do you cruise on by, staring straight ahead, for fear of destroying the image of perfection when you see the crushed mug of a staffordshire welded onto what could have been a pretty head?

I know what Snyper would do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

id turn around and run past her backwards...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

I'd look back and smile.

It's all or nothing, she could have a really pretty face and thus be the most beautiful woman you've ever seen, I'd rather take that "risk" and know, than not take it and living with "I wonder if...".

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭mr kr0nik

I wouldn't bother overtaking her and just follow her for a bit... Hmmm.... stalker...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Prefabsprouter

ah, I'd look back! why not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

I'd look back...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Dinter

Have to look back.

You need the full picture!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Speed up, sprint for 100 metres, run around a pole, and jog back in her direction for a proper gander;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

do you cruise on by, staring straight ahead, for fear of destroying the image of perfection when you see the crushed mug of a staffordshire welded onto what could have been a pretty head?
    Ah yes the BOBFOC. Body off Baywatch, face off Crimewatch.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

Depends on what Paul Simon song I was listening to, if it was Graceland

"And she said losing love
    Is like a window in your heart,
    Everybody sees you're blown apart,"

I'd probably be to cynical to look back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭CtrlSource

i'd look sideways. My peripheral vision is remarkable :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭stevelknievel

Have you ever thought about writing novella erotica? 'Cos I am so turned on right now:D
    I would steal a sideways glance as I was walking by. Something similar happened last night walking up o'connell street. Girl walked out from the Odeon in front of me in the shortest skirt I have ever seen. I'm talking illegal. Between Odeon and before the Ambassador, at least 10 guys turned 180 after walking past to stare at her. It's not that she was stunningly beautiful, it's just that her skirt was so short. The funniest were the couples walking towards, and the guy is just staring at the legs with glazed eyes and open mouth while the girlfirend is all "bla bla bla" Did anyone else see her

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Have you ever thought about writing novella erotica? 'Cos I am so turned on right now:D

It's the yellow shorts, isn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

Yeah the yellow shorts made it. I was kind of expecting an appearance from Mr.T though ;(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Would it actually make a huge difference if her face wasn't that nice? Like would your day be ruined or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Miss Fluff wrote: »
    Speed up, sprint for 100 metres, run around a pole, and jog back in her direction for a proper gander;)

:) Very clever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Piste wrote: »
    Would it actually make a huge difference if her face wasn't that nice? Like would your day be ruined or something?

By his description I think she'd still undoubtedly get it in most cases but it would obviously ruin the 10/10 prediction!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Piste wrote: »
    no but it would impact on your decisions wrt positions,lights on or off,etc.I'd look btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭stevelknievel

It's the yellow shorts, isn't it?

Oh yeah. Love that sh!t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

A badly encoded FLAC? Surely you mean a low bitrate MP3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I always want to look but never have the balls to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

6th wrote: »
    I know what Snyper would do!
    LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Ah you would have to look...
    Store it in the bank for later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Again, LOL.

What if it was an image you'd prefer to delete rather than store though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Kold wrote: »
    I always want to look but never have the balls to.

I do the sneaky one with the wing mirror and a touch on the brakes...

[edit]
    *reads OP again*

Wait, jogging or cycling? Don't jog, so doesn't happen...when I was a cyclist, yeah nearly always have to look back...the picture isn't complete without a face tbh...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I'de run directly ahead and stand completely still. Then, without turning around I would slowly lie down on my back and wait...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭coillcam

Wibbs wrote: »
    Ah yes the BOBFOC. Body off Baywatch, face off Crimewatch.

butter-face.jpg

Butterface: Everything looks good, But Her Face !!

Advertisement