Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

AA Roadwatch - out of date/no use?

Options
  • 31-07-2008 9:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭

Is it just me or does anyone else find AA Roadwatch out of date all the time and as such not really any use?

For instance, this morning as I was about to leave for work they were saying to avoid the railway bridge on the old N11 in Gorey due to severe flooding and take alternative routes etc. Just so happened I had to go to a garage on the way there anyway so I took a chance and guess what.. no flood (not even a puddle) and no traffic. Now, I know they could have opened a drain etc. quickly but I always notice whenever I hit apon a traffic jam its NEVER on AA Roadwatch before I get there and whenever I hear advice about one its gone when I get there!! In my experience 90% of the time its hopelessly out of date and the only ones they get right are the predicable ones on a friday evening, b/holiday weekend etc.!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

AA Roadwatch just use the same script everyday, I always find that their reports are inacurate and you're probably even better off going where they tell you to go.
    I know it's no use to use but for Dublin you can't beat Dublin City FM for acurate up to the minute reports.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Jip wrote: »
    I know it's no use to use but for Dublin you can't beat Dublin City FM for acurate up to the minute reports.

+1, and the music is well above par too! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

cbyrne wrote: »
    Is it just me or does anyone else find AA Roadwatch out of date all the time and as such not really any use?

For instance, this morning as I was about to leave for work they were saying to avoid the railway bridge on the old N11 in Gorey due to severe flooding and take alternative routes etc. Just so happened I had to go to a garage on the way there anyway so I took a chance and guess what.. no flood (not even a puddle) and no traffic. Now, I know they could have opened a drain etc. quickly but I always notice whenever I hit apon a traffic jam its NEVER on AA Roadwatch before I get there and whenever I hear advice about one its gone when I get there!! In my experience 90% of the time its hopelessly out of date and the only ones they get right are the predicable ones on a friday evening, b/holiday weekend etc.!
    yip, true, but dont they speak so nicely ha ha:rolleyes:

Advertisement