Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beethoven and the way he wrote music

• 31-07-2008 9:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭

When Beethoven was beginning to make a name for himself the King of Spain heard his music and wept with joy, and then demanded to meet the composer immeditately in person!

When Beethoven arrived at the King's court the monarch said to him: 'O mighty Beethoven, your music truly moves me. However I've heard that you can only write your wonderful music on paper when lying down! Pray tell me, why is this so?'

'Well m'lord' replied Beethoven, 'it's quite simple, I write my music lying down as I can only Cflat'

:o

Eh, thought you folks might appreciate this or maybe not!

taken from here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=56725580 :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭dh2007

groan!!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭hivizman

Beanstalk wrote: »
    'Well m'lord' replied Beethoven, 'it's quite simple, I write my music lying down as I can only Cflat'
    I heard an enharmonically equivalent version of this:

When Beethoven arrived at the King's court the monarch said to him: 'O mighty Beethoven, your music truly moves me. However I've heard that you can only write your wonderful music when you are not wearing any clothes! Pray tell me, why is this so?'

'Well m'lord' replied Beethoven, 'it's quite simple, I write my music naked as I can only B natural.' ;)

Advertisement