Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CN reduced classic premium

• 31-07-2008 10:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭

CN just rang me about my renewal classic policy renewal. The proposal form said the same as last year €392 for the three bikes (250/750sports/850) but they rang me there (as I hadn't made contact with them) and they immediately dropped it to €336. Seems they're trying to hold onto business. They also clarified that the ability to ride other people's bikes is not restricted to classics, ie, I can ride my pal's brand new bike even though I can only ride 15 yo bikes belonging to me. Go figure.

So anyway, those of you on CN policies should look for a discount even on the classic policy (which I thought was rock bottom already tbh).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 422 ✭✭Popeleo

You've got to haggle and then haggle some more. I got a new bike recently - I was with AON who quoted me about €1000. I thought it was a bit steep as I'm mid-thirties and have 5 years no claims, so I shopped around. Quinn quoted about €650. Adelaide were €502. Carole Nash were about €1150. I told CN about the Adelaide quote and they dropped 50% straight away. I did the same with AON and they dropped 25%.

So I picked Adelaide as they gave me a decent quote straight off without trying to shaft me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ambasite

can you get classic insurance on a restricted full licence?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Currently on CN's classic policy with Honda Bros, 88 Gixer, BSA 500 and can use my exe's Ducati 916 no probs. all for e336 what more. CN will only cover TP on non listed bikes. Almost as good as old the NU Rider policy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,454 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

murphaph wrote: »
    Seems they're trying to hold onto business.

They didn't exactly try hard to hold onto mine. Last year was bad enough but this year they totally took the p**s with the renewal. I halved my premium with Adelaide, CN couldn't get near even when I told them my quote. F**king jokers at this stage.

Scrap the cap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Maybe the just want to insure low risk bikes these days?

Slow yokes like this:
    2007%5C11%5C18%5Cbikepics-1091128-800.jpg

:D:D:D

I don't understand CN's policies one iota, but so long as they insure all my bikes for 336 quid I can't complain. They always send out the 'modern policy' equivalent for some reason (this time it was 1200) as if you're going to switch :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,790 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

ninja900 wrote: »
    They didn't exactly try hard to hold onto mine. Last year was bad enough but this year they totally took the p**s with the renewal. I halved my premium with Adelaide, CN couldn't get near even when I told them my quote. F**king jokers at this stage.

++1 on that.

And they fubar'd my wife's ncb as well, after taking time out for 2 x young 'uns.......16 years NCB down the drain. Ironic, when you think of the company involved...........started by a woman.

Their premia are all over the place....1100 for my H-D? Er, no thanks, I'll have AON at 340, ta. And what bikes do they have on their stands at shows. ?....customs ! what a bunch of tossers.

Oh, and AON are now including Driving Other Vehicles, too.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Rippy

Just had my renewal from CN.
    Honda ST1100 Pan Euro, 1990 ,I'm 42 ,full clean licence , 8 years NCB, County Cork (not city). €495 classic, €540 modern.
    That's up €100 from last year.
    Not had time to shop around but seems to taking the piss on a very low risk .

Advertisement