Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sharing media with Windows and Xbox

• 31-07-2008 10:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭

lads i have this problem i cant figure it out.

ok to get windows media player 11 to share media with the xbox you need to share using the share utility in it. right so when i start it up it just hangs and unticks the box which i have already ticked to share the media. s

o i went further into this and checked what services needed to be running to share the media. turns out windows media player network sharing is needed witch has dependancies of UPnP so i look for this and see that the service isnt running. i click start service and get a message telling me that it cant run as it requires other services to request it to run (media player network sharing ). it also has dependancies which are http and ssdp. these are running fine.

ive googled and googled and cant figure it out. any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭cianr

Ive managed to get sharing between a laptop and the xbox with TVersity - might be of some use to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Ricochet69

Hi mate, evil monkey posted that for me actually. Yes i have tried tversity before but didnt find it great as you had to route thru all your media to find one video (unlike my setup with has them orginised in folders i have lots of videos) it wasnt great from what i have used of it. When i was using it you couldnt skip scenes has this been fixed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

If it's the original XBox you're talking about (not the 360) then I HIGHLY recommend you go here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055256404

I followed this tutorial just a few weeks back and it worked an absolute charm!

If it's a case that you're talking about streaming to the 360, I tried that for the longest time myself too, never got to the bottom of it. So again I would recommend the above procedure, you can get a brand new original XBox for 20 quid these days, best 20 quid you'll ever spend!

well its the 360, and i know you can do some funky stuff with the original xbox for streaming, but i want hd (even tho its hard to find file types that play). besides thats not really a solution its just giving up. i had the streaming working fine but then it suddenly stopped,had been reading a few other treads about it, nd people were saying the same thing happened to them. but none of the suggestions worked for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭evil-monkey

eeh!! it's the Ricochet!! daddadadada dadadad dadada dadada dada

• Advertisement

get back to work;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭evil-monkey

Ricochet69 wrote: »
    get back to work;)

awww but it hurts...

ok fine dont work but you have to solve my problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Lads, keep your crap to PM's and not on thread.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Moved from Comp & Tech.

• Advertisement
Advertisement