Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP! - what course to do?

Options
  • 31-07-2008 11:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭

I have decided to do a one year part time acting course starting September. I have some experience but CANNOT decide between a diploma with Betty Anne or "one year advanced performance" with the gaiety school of acting. I did a course at the gaiety and love their approach. I feel Betty Ann is a bit "stuck up"(!) but that the qualification would be more recognised rather than "I DID a course at the gaiety"

Please help!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Missyu

Seems obvious that the Gaiety is what you really want to do. Go and enjoy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 nunshaw

Do you know the deadline for applications for the betty anne course ?

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Pikasso

coverband wrote: »
    I feel Betty Ann is a bit "stuck up"(!) but that the qualification would be more recognised rather than "I DID a course at the gaiety"

Has the Gaiety gained that kind of a reputation now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 broadwaybaby

Pikasso wrote: »
    Has the Gaiety gained that kind of a reputation now?

I thought it was still quite reputable , especially outside Ireland . Anyway as far as I know the deadline for the gaiety was a few weeks ago and you had to audition/interview.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 AbitDramatic

Just a bit of advice (if you've missed deadlines etc.) I feel that doing a one year internship would be maybe more beneficial for you... Now how likely this is in Ireland I don't know! I know that after I finish my Drama and Theatre studies degree I'm planning on doing an internship In San Francisco... Anyways.. Just a thought =D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Pikasso

I'd be interested to know what you mean by 'internship' when it comes to acting. Do you mean further research at college or do you mean something along the lines of working for nothing at a theatre just to get backstage experience. I've never heard of an 'internship' associated with our profession before!

Advertisement