Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jelly

Options
  • 31-07-2008 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if you can get packet, jelly (you know - the just add water ones) that is suitable for veggies or do I have to go and get the veggie gelatine leafs and make my own which is probably waaaayyy too much effort for me.....

Comments

You can get vegetarian Jelly crystals in a healthfood shop.
    Geletin is the animal ingredient so those leafs are not for you.

I use Kisel which I get eastern european shops, or Supervalu.
    It is a soft jelly made with potato starch.
    Gellwe has a very nice one available in individual portions with dried fruits and berry bits.

Some of them have cochineal as a colouring though. So you have to watch out for that.

The hartley readymade jelly pots are veggie too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭spaceylou

Moonbaby wrote: »
    You can get vegetarian Jelly crystals in a healthfood shop.
    Geletin is the animal ingredient so those leafs are not for you.

I use Kisel which I get eastern european shops, or Supervalu.
    It is a soft jelly made with potato starch.
    Gellwe has a very nice one available in individual portions with dried fruits and berry bits.

Some of them have cochineal as a colouring though. So you have to watch out for that.

The hartley readymade jelly pots are veggie too.

Thanks Moonbaby.....yeah I meant the vegetarian equivilant of the animal geletin leafs but really I'm looking for something fairly convinent - I have a lazy streak a mile wide!!!

I hadn't realised that the hartleys ready made ones were suitable for veggies might try some of them.....

thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

indian food shops have a brand called National.

Im fairly certain that they are suitable for veg.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

552945b.jpg available in The Health Store in stillorgan/dundrum (Dublin)... and I presume in Nourish too and other health food shops Made by Just Wholefoods. Their website is: http://www.justwholefoods.co.uk/ (check out the products section)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭spaceylou

thanks for all the tips guys :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

Aldi have 'jelly glaze' in raspberry or orange, I make it up with less water than the pack says for a more solid jelly.

Birds trifle DIY kit has veggie jelly in it too. :)

Advertisement