Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else here absolutely hate Race Week?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

I only like it for the sheer volume of Aviation in the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭ArraMusha

The mutton dressed up as lamb and the wanna-be fat cats are annoying, but laughable also. The weather normally decides if its a good week or not and the locals can enjoy it provided they dont get ropped into the gambling and/or trying to initate the fat cats....note there's only a few real high rollers at the races, mainly company owners and enterpreneurs who take this break for their holidays, the rest are wanna-be's with a few euros's in the arsh pocket and a chape suit bought on a holiday in spain. I'll be in town tomorrow friday with around 10 pints in me and i wobbling from the tobar to the frontdoor, so i dont care as long as 'tango foxtrot' sticks his nose out ahead of the rest in the 6.50....come on up that hill....

Advertisement