Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kanji tattoos

Options
  • 31-07-2008 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭

Quick question, are kanji tattoos naff or OK? Need to know before Monday and if theyre naff im f*cked:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

Thanks Will, from that forum I think I know what you think:D I should also add that ive done me research, its very personal to me and i like the look of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

at the end of the day, it's up to you, if you like it, you like it, and **** everyone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Redpunto wrote: »
    Thanks Will, from that forum I think I know what you think:D I should also add that ive done me research, its very personal to me and i like the look of it.

As Crumble Froo pointed out (quite abruptly) its what you want at the end of the day, as long as you are happy with it, thats the main thing :)

You were just looking for opinions, rememberd that thread and linked it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭motherfunker

Why not find the gaelic translation of what you want, it can be a very beautiful language sometimes and it will never go out of fashion. A good tattoist should be able to tie a few words of Irish together with a nice background. It might end up bigger that you want though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Other languages look nice when tattooed too. Hewbrew for example.

Myself, I went with binary. I'm a geek though.

Why not find the gaelic translation of what you want, it can be a very beautiful language sometimes and it will never go out of fashion. A good tattoist should be able to tie a few words of Irish together with a nice background. It might end up bigger that you want though.

Thats what i was hoping to do coz i have a celtic heart on my wrist but my arms are fairly small and slim and i wanted something just black and delicate.Am gonna get it done on the front of my other arm. I was having a look at other writing as well but theres something "pretty" about the kanji writing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

I have one. A lot of people dislike them but at the end of the day I love it, and it's me that has it so I don't care if others dislike it or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Cmol

Meh, I got one recently... reason being I wanted something to represent some stuff that had happened in my life, I guess the kanji are 'nice' to look at but its more of a case of symbolism.... I was hardly about to get it tattooed in english on me...

Dont know if that makes sense, just my 2c though... like crumble said though, really WTF has it got to do with anyone else? Its your body, not theirs!

Will I had no idea you hated my tattoo :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

If it's summit that's meaningful to you then go for it, and you've done your research n all. I got Korean text down my ribs, it's summit I've sorta stood by so to speak for years and years and is like a mantra of mine, I got it from a Korean book and even had a korean mate of mine check it over so I'm fairly comfortable in the fact that it's right and as I said means a lot to me...but if ye go down the brtters route of gettin what you think means love or whatever and it actually means penis of summit then well...ye may as well get STOOPID tattooed across your forehead

however if you do go for it be prepared for people to rip the piss outta ye at every turn and question your knowledge of it's meaning! Totally worth it though if you really want it and it means that much to you! :D

• Advertisement

Le Rack wrote: »

however if you do go for it be prepared for people to rip the piss outta ye at every turn and question your knowledge of it's meaning! Totally worth it though if you really want it and it means that much to you! :D

Always looking for reasons for people to take the piss outta me,,,,,thanks guys for all the replies, gonna go ahead with it,,,bring on the pain:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

lol cool go for it n good luck!

don't forget to report back! :)

Advertisement