Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sickness Benefit...

• 31-07-2008 11:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Hi there,

I'm taking my first undergraduate degree as a mature student (25) this year.

I've applied for the maintenance grant, and am waiting to hear back...based on the figures I sent (as a dependent mature student) I would say that I will recieve the tuition fees paid, plus the minimum level of grant.

I'm also out of work since april, as I had to have cardiac surgery...though this was noted on the maintenance application, I dont think that it will make much difference due to the fact that they will just work off last years figures.

Does anyone know if there are any other schemes that I may be applicable for due to my current inability to work?

Thanks

:)

Comments

Hi MDP,

I just did a quick search on citizensinformation.ie for 'illness benefit' and found this. It might help somewhat, but I'd say the best people to talk to might be your local Social Welfare office since they might be able to advise on this a bit better.

Hope it all goes well!

Dónal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 MDP

Hi Myth,

Thanks for that...I made a few phonecalls this afternoon about it.

Just in case anyone else is in a similar situation, the DSFA have an Exclusions dept in Store St; and apparently if I send them in a letter explaining the situation backed up with a copy of the acceptance letter for the course; then I can still claim sickness while in college.

I'll send off the letter and let yous know if its as easy as it sounds :)

Thanks again

:)

Excellent, glad to hear it worked out!

Advertisement