Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bluetooth on a Ford

Options
  • 31-07-2008 11:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭

I bought a 07 Ford S-Max from the UK a few weeks ago. According to the ford websites both in Ireland and in the UK, the Zetec model (which mine is) comes standard with bluetooth fitted.

However, I can find no sign of it in the car and no mention of it at all whatsoever in the owners manual. The only sign I can see of anything remotely phone related is a simple phone button on the stereo which just mutes the radio.

Does anyone have a Ford of the same era with Bluetooth that might be able to tell me where to look for it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

I've ordered a few S-Max and Galaxy's, most of them Zetec Spec, and never seen the Bluetooth system in any of them. As far as I was aware it's always been an option.

Does your phone show any system if you scan for bluetooth devices while the engine is running?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

R.O.R wrote: »

Does your phone show any system if you scan for bluetooth devices while the engine is running?

The OH has an 07 Focus Zetec,I believe there is a separate leaflet/manual for the bluetooth (which she never got)
    EDit:externally the stereo is exactly the same with/without bluetooth

As R.O.R said I was able to connect it by scanning on the phone when the radio was on.(Ford Audio comes up on the phone)
    Could never figure out how to access phone book etc,but at least she can answer calls and have the audio through the car speakers

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

my 06 focus zetec had bluetooth as an optional extra

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

TheDriver wrote: »
    my 06 focus zetec had bluetooth as an optional extra

07 Conection models had bluetooth (and lots of other good stuff) as standard.

There's a button on the top of the stalk where the remote controls for the stereo are, which controls the system. If it's not there you haven't got bluetooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

not always Henry Ford, my 05 had the stalk with the voice button but didn't work, turns out it was the only part they had when they built the thing and not the non voice button ones. That car was some heap of crap anyways!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Longrangedriver

BnA wrote: »
    I bought a 07 Ford S-Max from the UK a few weeks ago. According to the ford websites both in Ireland and in the UK, the Zetec model (which mine is) comes standard with bluetooth fitted.

However, I can find no sign of it in the car and no mention of it at all whatsoever in the owners manual. The only sign I can see of anything remotely phone related is a simple phone button on the stereo which just mutes the radio.

Does anyone have a Ford of the same era with Bluetooth that might be able to tell me where to look for it.

Just look up at the centre lighting unit, next to the windscreen and there is possibly a round shaped microphone in the unit, this is on mine. Also as already posted there is a voice button on the remote stalk.

See here:

60557.jpg

PS - I don't know why its not displaying on the post, just click the link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Just came back from the UK with a 2008 Focus, has the phone buttons, and the speaker grille next to the interior lights, but no Bluetooth. Dealer can retrofit the Ford kit it for around €500.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Longrangedriver

Just came back from the UK with a 2008 Focus, has the phone buttons, and the speaker grille next to the interior lights, but no Bluetooth. Dealer can retrofit the Ford kit it for around €500.

I got mine in the connection pack, and works fine, but I changed the head unit, which also comes with BT. BTW never really used the voice bit, especially when someone is in the car.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭green-blood

we've 07 S-Max (post update model) its a titanium and the bluetooth was an option with the stereo upgrade ( I know I signed the cheque)

If you do have it and cannot get the phonebook to work, make sure you are storing your numbers on the phone memory and not the SIM card (well do both for security) as the bluetooth can only share info on the phones memory

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Churchy

BnA wrote: »

Bluetooth only became standard in 2008 Model Year S-Max.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Dealer can retrofit the Ford kit it for around €500.
    :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Used to sell them and 2007 Irish cars (in any spec) definately did not come with it as standard. I remember 'cos i sold one to a guy without realising it had it and never charged him for it. got an earbashing from the boss.

Advertisement