Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the pro's and con's..

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

If you got the dog from a breeder a breeder shouldn't give away or sell a dog that hasn't had the all clear from the vet and worming and vaccinations up to date. She needs to be wormed every two weeks if she's very wormy you have to be careful. Parazole is a good mild wormer.

Thanks, she came from a breeder I know well.

I took her on the understanding that I was looking after all that. I should have posted, we had her with the Vets this evening.

Ruby was provisionally give a clean bill of health, but we've a proper appointment for the 15th for a full medical, plus vac's & chipping etc.

I've a very good relationship with our Vet & was happier that I looked after things since thats where she'll have all Vet work done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 SuzyBoo

You don't sound the sort to hand her back even if she is under par. Know from bitter experience that once you name an animal, it personalises them and you become attached. Was only going to keep a stray dog until I found good home for him and gave him temporary name in the meantime. Had him until his death 8 years later...much loved. Anyway I was runt..only a little over 4lbs at birth and I'm one solid healthy bod now..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 SuzyBoo

Ha, you posted while I was typing and faffing around! Knew you'd keep her. Wish you and Ruby all the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Just a bumpy way of saying thanks for all the advice from the guys with past experience with the runt of the litter.

Ruby is gaining weight very quickly now (I'm sorry I didn't weigh her on her first day here). But she was very scrawny with a lot of lose skin, but her energy levels were great.

The first day she could walk under the front gate no problem, last night I noticed it was a tight squeeze for her, and just now - she's too big!.

She has a ferocious appetite, so much so that I've to carefully watch the amount she'll eat. But I'm more or less keeping her to Royal Canine puppy food (dry food), but she loves smoke salmon slices :D and a small amount of (drained) tuna.

Although at eight weeks I felt she's too young for hide sticks, I can't keep her away from Jericho's. But as they're not really a solid food I don't think they're doing her any harm.

So there ya go guys, a quick up date on the runt of the litter 'Ruby' which you guys more or less helped me pick.

Thanks.

Advertisement