Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fly question

Options
  • 31-07-2008 12:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭

hi, sorry if this is the wrong place to post but i have a question on flies,

im inundated with what i believe are fruit flies at the moment and i cant seem to get rid of them. ive even tried hoovering them from my fruit bowl, ive window stickers, fly spray, but each day there seems to be as many as the day before. could it be the wood in my kitchen, did they lay eggs and are hatching now. its disgusting youd swear my kitchen was a dump from the amount of them, but its usually spotless, i had a couple of apples go bad in the fruit bowl 2 weeks ago and that seems to have brought them out to start with, but know im at my wits end, i dont have a bin in the kitchen, but do have one of those county council food bins out the back.

maybe there not fruit flies, but midgets, but i dont leave my windows open with the lights on, so not sure about that.

any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Irish Gardener

They are a pain bored and tired, more than likely the rotten apples which started to bring then in.
    One method to keep the numbers down here........ Fruit fly trap

Advertisement