Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

yaris turbo

Options
  • 31-07-2008 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭

beast of a machine, surprisingly stable

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭p-nut

congratulations....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

erm..good for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Dirty_Diesel

ssmith6287 wrote: »
    surprisingly stable
    Unlike the starbo/glanza v :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,543 ✭✭✭Duff

Unlike the starbo/glanza v :D

Never been in one with a decent suspension set up then?

OP- is this the one with the 4E-FTE engine? if so, i've seen it on a few forums and it looks brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

What are they like 1.5 or something? Duff lovin the sig buddy :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

I doubt they use the 4efte

zero19 wrote: »
    What are they like 1.5 or something? Duff lovin the sig buddy :D

:D

Yeah think they're 1.5..anyone see the new ''aygo crazy''?..supposed to be a wee rocket..170bhp or something in a car that weighs the same as bag of pop corn!:cool:

Duff wrote: »
    Yes. And the still dont like going around corners, mainly due to the solid beam rear axle. I've been in ones with TRD this, cusco strut brace that, etc and still no difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

:D

Yeah think they're 1.5..anyone see the new ''aygo crazy''?..supposed to be a wee rocket..170bhp or something in a car that weighs the same as bag of pop corn!:cool:

Ye the Aygo Crazy really does look, well crazy!

Yes. And the still dont like going around corners, mainly due to the solid beam rear axle. I've been in ones with TRD this, cusco strut brace that, etc and still no difference.

So your saying a Glanza with stock suspension handles exactly the same as a Glanza with a decent set up i.e damper adjustable coilovers, adjustable anti roll bars, panhard rod, front, rear and C pillar braces and a decent brand of tyres? :rolleyes:

Talking through your hole mate.

• Advertisement

Seems like I've touched a nerve :eek:

Let me make it easier to understand.

Most cars have independent suspension at each wheel.

Starbo/Glanza's have a solid beam rear axle.

Therefore any upset to one back wheel will be transferred to the opposite back wheel, regardless of what fancy TRD ****e is bolted to it.

IMO any standard 106GTI/ITR/CTR could out handle any starbo/glanza standard or otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

So your saying a Glanza with stock suspension handles exactly the same as a Glanza with a decent set up i.e damper adjustable coilovers, adjustable anti roll bars, panhard rod, front, rear and C pillar braces and a decent brand of tyres? :rolleyes:

More to handling than grip.

Biro wrote: »
    More to handling than grip.

Obviously, thats why I listed aload of parts that aid handling.;)

Dirty Diesel, I know standard tegs and ek's could out handle starbos Im not denying that, they handle brilliantly for a stock car, I said you were talkin through your arse cus ya said that a starlet with a few handling mods would handle the same as stock..Thats not possible.

I said you were talkin through your arse cus ya said that a starlet with a few handling mods would handle the same as stock..Thats not possible.

Not quite. The point I was making was that no matter what you do, a starbo/glanza is still a poor handling car.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭ianobrien

I've never been in one with a proper suspension setup either....

Surprisingly, I reckon stock is far better for Irish tarmac. Lowering them reduces the suspension travel, and on the typical Irish country road, you need suspension travel.

The lowered ones will, I grant you, have a higher cornering speed on smooth tarmac, but as soon as they hit a bump mid corner, they can't cope. Then, with the solid axle at the back, the effect of the bump on one side effects the other, throwing the car out.

Advertisement