Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hunter Macros.

Options
  • 31-07-2008 1:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭

Came across a load of hunter macros on http://wow.allakhazam.com/wiki/Hunter_macros_%28WoW%29 I was wondering is there going to be much of a difference in dps or threat with the below. I currently use the 1:1 macro and manually click the trinkets, but am thinking of using the one which will spam in arcne shot too. Has anyone used any of the below? Are there any pro's / con's not listed on the above site that you have come across? OR are there some even better ones ? And how would i go about adding in a aimed shot at the beginning of one of the macros here?

Heh, lots of questions... Sorreh :pac:
    1:1 Steady Shot

#showtooltip Steady Shot
    /castsequence reset=3 Steady Shot, !Auto Shot
    /castrandom [target=pettarget, exists] Kill Command
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

1:1 Stead Shot with Trinkets

#showtooltip Steady Shot
    /castsequence reset=120 trinket name 1,trinket name 2
    /cast [target=pettarget,nodead,exists] Kill Command
    /castsequence reset=2/target !Auto Shot, Steady Shot

1.5:1 Steady Shot with Arcane Shot

#showtooltip Steady Shot
    /console Sound_EnableSFX 0
    /castsequence reset=3/target !auto shot, steady shot
    /castrandom arcane shot
    /cast [exists,target=pettarget,nodead] kill command
    /console Sound_EnableSFX 1 

1.5:1 Steady Shot with Arcane Shot and Multi-Shot

#showtooltip Steady Shot
    /castrandom arcane shot, multi-shot

3:2 Steady Shot Rotation

#showtooltip Steady Shot
    /cast !Auto shot
    /cast [target=pettarget, exists] Kill command
    /cast Steady shot

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

i have been meaning to get the steady shot macro for ages, always ehre comments in instances like "jesus my dmg has gone through the roof since i started usin this steady shot macro"

at the moment on guild runs of kara i come second or third depending on the make up. its usually mage, rogue, me, or mage, me, rogue (but always close with the rogue)

except when the shammy in the guild comes. he makes a mockery of the rest of us with his dmg. i never knew shammies could do so much dmg!

think these two ill set up tonight.

1.5:1 Steady Shot with Arcane Shot

#showtooltip Steady Shot
    /castrandom arcane shot

3:2 Steady Shot Rotation

#showtooltip Steady Shot
    /cast !Auto shot
    /cast [target=pettarget, exists] Kill command
    /cast Steady shot

cheers anti..big help mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭nix

Seriously why bother playing the game with these macro's ? :P

"Press macro"
    "Go afk to make a cuppa"
    "return and loot epix"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

anyone know a shadow bolt spamming macro so i can stop clicking "2" ? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Psycopat wrote: »
    anyone know a shadow bolt spamming macro so i can stop clicking "2" ? :P

As you wish ;)
    #showtooltip Shadow Bolt
    /use 13
    /use 14
    /cast Shadow Bolt

• Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭nix

Do you have a kite melee macro ? :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 displeaser

You may be interested in this discussion on EJ, Linky also see this one on shot rotations: Linky 2

Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Macro's in World of Warcraft do not repeat actions. They only simplify what is already doable. Therefore, they do not create situations like:
    "Press macro"
    "Go afk to make a cuppa"
    "return and loot epix"

Instead it changes a 3, 2, 5, 3, 2, 5 situation into a 2, 2, 2, 2, 2 etc.
    #showtooltip Shadow Bolt
    /use 13
    /use 14
    /cast Shadow Bolt
    Uses trinket 1 and then trinket 2, nowdays there is a shared cooldown between all equipped trinkets, so this is effectively moot. Also, I believe he wanted a macro to stop the need for pressing; "2, 2, 2, 2, 2" which is not something World of Warcraft macros can do.

That thread on Elitist talks about manual shot weaving, which changes things specifically when talking about shot timers so most of this doesnt apply.

...but finally, the various 1:1 and 1.5:1 hunter macros, are based around a specific spec and generally will decrease your dps by using them if you are not the right spec, by causing you to miss your auto-shot. Effectively negating the point.

am i right to presume these are based around the 41/20 bm build?

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

i use shift+mouserollerdown & up for my spamming :)

• Advertisement

copeyhagen wrote: »
    am i right to presume these are based around the 41/20 bm build?

Im on a pvp build, and they work fine. The one that spams arcane shot is handy if you want to finish off someone. I'll try them all in ZA tonight and see what their like.

didnt get a chance to try them last night. was off tanking in kara cuz the guild was stuck. got wizard of oz, currator, arran and illhoof down.

got 2 pieces of tanking gear and the t4 hands dropped from currator, i had the highest roll for them but agreed to let someone else have them cuz i got the 2 pieces already. i was happy with what i had gotten ;)

hopefully i get tanking sword from chess tonight.

ill try them macros for pvp on the hunter too

pft. Rolling on loot is so like last week *flicks hair* DKP is the way to go. Especially when yoru GM loves you and gives you extra dkp for doing nothing :D

lol glad im not in ur guild ;)

guild runs are grand. only the odd cloth piece actually gets rolled on.

gm is feral mt and is full epic so he wont need any plate items that drop obviusly. happy days on my warr.

but on my hunter not a single item has dropped yet in all my runs there.

i got 2 leather epics, boots and hands both of thrash but no mail or bbw gun or bow. or dps rings or trinkets either.

illhoof keeps dropping the lightning capacitor. or whatever its called

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Yeah the macros are great. I use the 1:1 steady auto kc on my BM hunter. I also use one that combines my one clickie trinket with BW and rapidfire (if its up)

The hunter is coming along nicely. Often clearing 1k dps now on boss fights in heroics. Alas Kael will not drop that chest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

If you are a BM hunter u should use

#showtooltip Steady Shot

And only that and noting else. Have tryed other stuff but they dont seem to work as good and hinder your dps.

When trinkets & procs happen some people say drop the Steady shot rotation and use Arcane shot instead. Once all the procs and trinkets have been used go back to 1:1 again.

I managed to get that chest on my first ever run. Never seen it since though. The +haste on it is nice. Would like to upgrade it in ZA tonight, but another hunter with more DKP then me is tagging along.

Sabotage is needed here. Im gonna keep MD'ing the fecker on the sly to pull aggro to him ;)

1. He wipes us
    2. ?????
    3. PROFIT !

BadCharlie wrote: »
    If you are a BM hunter u should use

#showtooltip Steady Shot

And only that and noting else. Have tryed other stuff but they dont seem to work as good and hinder your dps.

When trinkets & procs happen some people say drop the Steady shot rotation and use Arcane shot instead. Once all the procs and trinkets have been used go back to 1:1 again.

Apparently the one with arcane shot eats your mana at a huge rate. So would have to drop aoth and use aotv which is a fair drop in AP. Or just drink lots of pots and take breaks.

ah, any long fight would require aotv which is quite a drop in dmg.

think the ss one is enough.

one question,

#showtooltip Steady Shot

whats the craic with the cast random part.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Couple of comments on the above. Can't access EJ in work but its not always a 1:1 for BM a 3:2 is used also as steady is more damage then auto and then you have the 4xt6 bonus. Perhaps one of the main hunters can comment. This however is significantly higher in mana consumption then I recall reading

You can't get away in general with arcane and multi due to mana either. You are then lining up AotV versus AotH and quick shots and then a haste pot versus a mana pot ever two mins. I believe you go with AotH and fel mana pots then. If you have a pallie judging wisdom its happy days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 displeaser

one question,

#showtooltip Steady Shot

castrandom casts a random spell from a list given to it, in this case 1 spell so not really the right place for using castrandom from what I can see.

a simple cast would be better (ie clearer and possibly more efficient depending on the macro engine)

ah ok, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

one question,

#showtooltip Steady Shot

yes the above is true that castrandom picks from the list after it randomly.

in this case though it is used to cast the KC when it's available without messing the macro up completely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

yeah i wanted one that meant i didnt have to spam "2" ah well c'est la vie

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭spoon

The best shot rotation to use all depends on the speed of your bow.

I use a 3:2 rotation since i'm on a 3.00 speed bow. I've stcked some haste to get the bow speed down to 2.06. It does a good bit more DPS than 1:1 for me. If i was using a faster bow, and had it around 1.6 after haste and everything had been included, i'd be using 1:1

3:2 is more mana intensive, but worth it.

Cheers spoon, will give that a go. Atm my speed is 1.40 with haste.

Here's the macro should you need it. (shamelessly copy and pasted from somewhere else :p )

MACRO 1:

#showtooltip Steady Shot
    /cast !Auto Shot
    /cast Steady Shot
    /click [target=pettarget,exists] MultiBarBottomLeftButton12

MACRO 2:

/castsequence reset=4 Kill Command, !Auto Shot, !Auto Shot, !Auto Shot

Take the button for MACRO 1, place it somewhere you can mash it endlessly.

Take the button for MACRO 2, and place it on the last button space (right hand side) of Action Bar 6. If you have your action bars expanded out, collapse them, go to the 6th tab of buttons, and place it in the last spot. If you have an add-on or mod that changes your buttons, turn it off, place the macro in the proper place and then reload your add-on, or use the command listed later in the thread to identify an alternative button to place the macro in.

Macro 1 is spammed, with a 2.8 or slower weapon as a BM hunter (Sunfury, Steam Pistol, etc.) with as close to 2.0 attack speed as possible. Macro 1 will automatically trigger Macro 2 when Kill Command is available, and will also guarantee no clipped Auto Shots or macro hangs when the Kill Command goes off.

Anti wrote: »
    Cheers spoon, will give that a go. Atm my speed is 1.40 with haste.

On another note. Having a bow speed of 1.4 is too fast. Are you including procs with that?

Yeah lol. Im using the merci bow with +28crit. +20 haste on chest and a +260 haste trinket and rapid fire when i proc. 1.40 to fast to be spamming that macro perhaps ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

spoon wrote: »
    Here's the macro should you need it. (shamelessly copy and pasted from somewhere else :p )

MACRO 1:

#showtooltip Steady Shot
    /cast !Auto Shot
    /cast Steady Shot
    /click [target=pettarget,exists] MultiBarBottomLeftButton12

MACRO 2:

/castsequence reset=4 Kill Command, !Auto Shot, !Auto Shot, !Auto Shot

Take the button for MACRO 1, place it somewhere you can mash it endlessly.

Take the button for MACRO 2, and place it on the last button space (right hand side) of Action Bar 6. If you have your action bars expanded out, collapse them, go to the 6th tab of buttons, and place it in the last spot. If you have an add-on or mod that changes your buttons, turn it off, place the macro in the proper place and then reload your add-on, or use the command listed later in the thread to identify an alternative button to place the macro in.

Macro 1 is spammed, with a 2.8 or slower weapon as a BM hunter (Sunfury, Steam Pistol, etc.) with as close to 2.0 attack speed as possible. Macro 1 will automatically trigger Macro 2 when Kill Command is available, and will also guarantee no clipped Auto Shots or macro hangs when the Kill Command goes off.

Surprising, everything I thought I knew about macros and blizzards UI system says that shouldnt work. Guess I have a lot to learn still.

Advertisement