Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parenting picnic in the park.

Options
  • 31-07-2008 1:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭

Ok why not try this :)

I am going to stick up a range of dates for the next few sundays and dependant on the weather lets see how this goes.

Suggested Venue Merrion park, which as a play ground, green spaces is central and is close to buses and the dart line, but not a busy as St Stephens green.

Map.

Time 2pm.

Which Sunday ? 18 votes

10th of August
    0% 0 votes
    17th of August
    27% 5 votes
    24th of August
    33% 6 votes
    31st of August
    38% 7 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

Fabulous idea Thaedydal!!! I would love to come but i'll get back with a definite answer later on. Parenting meet ups sound like a great idea!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭the glass woman

Yep great location and time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭di11on

Great idea!!!

Only problem I can see with the venue is that the Playground is cut off from the green areas... i.e, those with kids in the playground and those sitting on the grass with kids running around, wouldn't be mingling at all... it would be one or the other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭marti101

Any Sunday would suit me wether permitting.Great idea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Well I was thinking that we can hit the play ground and then retire for a picnic and then a few games on the grass. When was the last time any of you lot played 'Queenie IO who has the ball ? '

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭di11on

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Well I was thinking that we can hit the play ground and then retire for a picnic and then a few games on the grass.

Cool.. I can't wait :-)

Well I was thinking that we can hit the play ground and then retire for a picnic and then a few games on the grass. When was the last time any of you lot played 'Queenie IO who has the ball ? '
    God im feeling my age now.Queenie io that brings back memories.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭lostinnappies

This sounds lots of fun:( but i live in Galway boo hoo hoo hoo. Im so bummed. Maybe one of the sundays i might get the chance to take the kids up on the train? God knows how ill find you all lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

Funny, I hadn't heard that game since I was about 10 until last month at a kids club. Myself and the mrs were trying to remember how we said the rhyme as they had some other way. Probably gone more PC :confused:

Our way was;
    Queenie IO who has the ball, is she big or is she tall, is she fat or is she thin or is she like a rolling pin? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

This sounds lots of fun:( but i live in Galway boo hoo hoo hoo. Im so bummed. Maybe one of the sundays i might get the chance to take the kids up on the train? God knows how ill find you all lol

Hey lostinnappies I'd be up for a Galway equivalent if you're interested?

Any other Westies here?

• Advertisement

What date was picked for the picnic.Let us know so we can get stuff organised,also how will we recognise each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭lolly22

Yep was wondering myself? Thats if its ok i can come as my little one is only 7 months, but ill play the games for her:P

Lolly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

Lolly- mine are only 6 months and I am hoping to go too! Can't make the last date but it seems to be trailing anyway.

Only problem with the first date is, the poll only closes that day? I'd like a couple of days notice! :)

Ds is 5 months but it would be good to put faces to names.Im not really pushed what day just need a bit of notice.Is it all right to bring older kids.

I am happy to do both the 17th of August and the 24th of August, my two brats are 8 and 10 and I don't see why we can't have a range of children there, both mine dote on little ones and I'd like this to be inclusive as possibe.

As for those who are in Galway, ladies feel free to start another thread and see if you can get others to join you :)

silja wrote: »
    Lolly- mine are only 6 months and I am hoping to go too! Can't make the last date but it seems to be trailing anyway.

Only problem with the first date is, the poll only closes that day? I'd like a couple of days notice! :)

Hey Silja,

Thanks for letting me know (awww you got a tiny one too!!) thought my bab's would be too young :Pbut im a big baby myself so ill fit in, just fine with the kids:D:D.

Notice is ok for me, just weather im worried bout :eek:
    and only date i cant do is 24. I guess we'll find out by the weekend.

Lolly

Well it's a parenting picnic in the park, so while the kids will run about and play or sit and watch others run about and play it's a chance for those who can to meet up in person and have a natter.

Well it's a parenting picnic in the park, so while the kids will run about and play or sit and watch others run about and play it's a chance for those who can to meet up in person and have a natter.

Sounds good to me;)

littlebug wrote: »
    Hey lostinnappies I'd be up for a Galway equivalent if you're interested?

Any other Westies here?
    That sounds really good ill pm you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Snowdrop

I'm not a regular poster but I'd like to come along if that's ok. Mine are seven and 2. Aug 24th would be best.

• Advertisement

Morning all, Due to the extreme weather warning in place for the weekend
    there will not be a picnic in the park this sunday.

Hopefully things will be better for next weekend.

For Galway mommies i thought id try this one
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055358050

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭the glass woman

Just wondering if this is going ahead today?

How about the 24th otherwise we will never meet or maybe do another poll and meet indoors that way we can still meet no matter the weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Ronan Raver77

hey just saw this thread myself and mini me(Aaron 6) are always up to mischief.Not a regular poster on this topic but view now and then.

Advertisement