Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mountjoy Square? Is this even City or is it Northside? I don't know!

Options
  • 31-07-2008 1:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭

I should just change my name to "Little Girl Lost" and be done with it :rolleyes:

Can someone please help me find my way to Mountjoy Square? Specifically Summerhill Garage. I need to find the Lost Property office of Dublin Bus. I'm in Kilmainham but I doubt I'll be able to get there directly so anywhere in the City Centre?

Please? I have to collect my handbag.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

http://www.dto.ie/web2006/jp.htm will give you step by step directions.

11 bus as well FTR. Its like 10 minutes walk from O' Connell street.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Are you sure you're going to the right place? The Dublin Bus Lost and Found is on North Earl Street (right off O'Connell Street). There's details on it towards the bottom of this page here.

Anyway in case you really do have to go to the Summerhill Garage, you can see it here on this map and I've marked in how you'd get to it from the top of O'Connell Street.

You should ring the Lost and Found office before you go trekking off to Mountjoy Square though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭ODS

Neesa wrote: »
    I should just change my name to "Little Girl Lost" and be done with it :rolleyes:

Can someone please help me find my way to Mountjoy Square? Specifically Summerhill Garage. I need to find the Lost Property office of Dublin Bus. I'm in Kilmainham but I doubt I'll be able to get there directly so anywhere in the City Centre?

Please? I have to collect my handbag.

Map showing M Sq is here, with sq located at the top - http://www.planetware.com/map/dublin-northeast-map-irl-dubln_ne.htm

Summerhill Garage is located at bottom right corner, accessed from the sq. You will see a rd connecting the sq to summerhill, parallel to Gardiner st; this rd does not actually exist in such a fashion - it is instead the site of summerhill garage, and is as said accessed from M sq.

Coming from Kilmainham, get to O' Connell Bridge, and if getting a bus take 46A (just check with the driver as not all go up there, M sq); if on foot go to top N end of O'Connell St, turn right along Parnell St east and go as far as Gardiner St and turn left; take next right coming on to M sq and walk along that S side; you will find depot at end of this side in a cul-de-sac on right.... Or as Stargal has mapped it :)
    Stargal wrote: »
    Anyway in case you really do have to go to the Summerhill Garage, you can see it here on this map and I've marked in how you'd get to it from the top of O'Connell Street.

Least known of Dublin's 4 Georgian Squares, M Sq is a fascinating place with links to the First Dail, writers Sean O'Casey, Joyce, and Yeats, patriots Michael Collins and John O'Leary. More about it here :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mountjoy_Square

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭PurpleBerry

Wow, thanks everyone :):):)

Yes, it's maybe not the Lost & Found office, that's behind Clerys, I read. But I left the bag behind when I got off the bus at 8:54 and realised it was missing by 8:58 and I rang straightaway. Mountjoy Square is where it is now and I've been informed that if it's not collected today it will go to the other office (behind Clerys).

It would be a lot easier to pick up from there but I really can't leave my bag there overnight. With my phone, wallet and house keys in it!! So I have to go to this place. It's okay, I've since found someone with a car to give me a lift but I will l still print out those maps because I don't know where it is!

It'll still be a nightmare. I've got to go straight home after work, wait for the friend with a car to pick me up and I have no phone so neither of us can contact each other. Also, I don't have bus fare to get home :(

I wonder what adventure I'm going to have tomorrow? :p

Thanks again for all the advice. Hopefully me and my bag will be renuited tonight.

Advertisement