Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for composite/fibreglass front door

Options
  • 31-07-2008 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a composite fibreglass door such as the ones articdoors.com sell, but they're very expensive and I'm looking for an alternative supplier. Can anyone recommend someone or has anyone bought from some other supplier recently?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

them doors look fantastic. Never seen one though. Put down a composite deck once. Looked good but you could tell easily it was fake wood. It was very heavy stuff and split very easy with a screw. It also faded a bit.

it wood(pun) be great stuff to make a front door from as it would not swell and move like hard wood doors

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭beldin

We have ordered a composite door off a local supplier
    He seems to be getting them off of this crowd.
    http://www.evergreendoor.co.uk/

Still waiting on delivery but price seems a lot lower than artic doors.
    Under 1500 all fitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭cltt97

Hi Beldin,

Could you let me know (PM) who your local supplier is? I've been getting quotes starting from 1700 to 3400, the cheaper quotes from companies I've never heard of, so I'm a bit nervous about going with them so would love to get some recommendations first..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭newname

Advertisement