Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A bit about yourself...

Options
  • 31-07-2008 2:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭

Following on from the meet up thread i thought we could start a get to know more about each other thread. So here goes, i'm 25, single mum, live in Templeogue, Dublin and have a 1 1/2 year old girl. Parenting forum has been a Godsend to me since i found it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

Hello,
    Nice Thread.

I a 20 daddy live in Carlow and I have 1 6 weeks old Prince aka Mysuperhero named Aron :). Parenting forum has been a great help and its helping me become a better father day by day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭the glass woman

Hi guys, i'm 29, also from dublin. Married almost two years to the most fantastic man who was my first love so altogether we're together 11yrs. We have a beautiful little boy who turns 1 next week so i'm busy organising his birthday party at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Eyeofthetiger

Hi!
    25 living in Newbridge, have a 4 yr old daughter.
    Have lurked on this forum for ages learning loads but I've decided to participate more recently :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

I am 28 I have two kids... DD 9 years old and DS 2 1/2 years old, baby no3 due in November. I live in East Meath with my darling husband. Although I am originally from Dublin. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Can I please ask that people not use abrevations which are tantamount to text speak.

I'm 33 and a stay at home mother to two brats, my son is 10 and my daughter is 8.
    I am single but co habit with thier dad who is also a mod here on this site.
    The family home has 4 bedrooms and we each have our own, it's a solution what works for us, we are a family even if the parents are not a couple.
    We live in the d15 area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭di11on

Hi all,

I'm a 32 year old dad with a 5 year old princess and a cheeky 22 month old little missy!

I live and grew up in north wicklow and an engineer by profession. Along with my wife (who is French but forgives me for voting no), we run an online store selling wooden toys (cough *points to sig* cough ) :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Lizzykins

Ye're all making me feel like the granny! I'm 45 with a 18 ,15 14, and 4 year old kids. Two boys and two girls. I live in South Dublin and work part time. Life is good. Have a great hubby too. What more could you want?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭marti101

I am 35 and have 3 sons 12,13 and 5 months old.I live with my partner who ive been with for 17 years.I live in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

I'm 32, married, 10 year old (not his biological father, but I am "dad") and an 18 month old.

edit; Nice thread idea loladub. :)

Welcome to the party eyeofthetiger. :)
    Thaedydal wrote: »
    Can I please ask that people not use abrevations which are tantamount to text speak.

It's not really txt spk. More like "lol" or "rofl" IMO (see! I just did it....and by accident :)). I've no problem with it myself, though I don't like txt spk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

Cool.
    I'm 38, married and have a 6 year old daughter and a 3 1/2 year old son. We live in the wild wesht.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Not a parent yet but spend loads of time here and in the Pregnancy forum.

I'm 21 and 5 months pregnant with my first child. I live in Dublin 11 with my fiance. Can't wait for baby to come along so I can get into the swing of motherhood and start pestering you all with my endless questions about why baby is awake all night and why people are looking at me weirdly as I'm crying with frustration because baby won't shut up! (Just kidding!!! I promise I won't be that bad!! ;) )

I work for an insurance company and at the moment I am planning on returning to work after I have baby, but I have to find a reasonable enough childminder first!

Sorry for the long post!!
    Adrieanne :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

I'm 34, married, in Dublin. We have 5.5 months old boy/ girl twins conceived after our thid round o fertility treatment, and much, much trying before that. They are truly a blessing.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I'm 27, married and have a 2 year old son. I'd say that we're happily married but that would seem presumptuous since we're not even married for 2 weeks yet. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭shell42970

I'm a 38 year old American who married a Cork man last fall. I have a 17 year old daughter from my first marriage and am expecting my second (my husband's first), a boy, in 5 weeks.
    I'm a stay-home mom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Lord Muck

Hi , i'm 28 and have a beautiful two year old daughter . Living with her beautiful mother ( my partner of 8 years) in West Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

Hi all,

I'm a knackered 36 year old Dad. Have 3 great boys aged 6, 2 and 7 months and 1 pink obsessed girl aged 4. Married 8 years and living in Dublin 5.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Father of one daughter who is the ' apple of my eye' she was two in Feb.

Living in Co Kildare

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Im married, full time working (self employed) and mum to two little darlings, a boy 5 and a girl 2. As different as chalk and cheese, youd hardly think they were siblings. And I've been perpetually tired for the last six years. :)

We live in the sunny rainsoaked south east.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

Im living in Dublin with partner, not married.

2 beautiful brats/angels.. Depending on their behaviour - today their angels;)

Its still early though:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭lolly22

Hey all,

Im new to this forum. Im a newly single 23 year old mum of one.
    Oh and she's 6months old and very cute....if I do say so myself:D
    Nice to meet you all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Hi there , i might be ...... looks like i am the oldie of the thread . 48 year old married father to 18 year old lad , 11 year old daughter, and although living in UK 18 years i am originally from Dublin.

Hello everybody. I love the Parenting forum - learn lots. I am 42, and gave up (paid) work over 12 years ago to rear the family. Married almost 16 years to wonderful hubby who I met when I was 17. We live in Kerry. I would love to return to some form of part time employment that is sympathetic to school hours. Nice to meet you all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭SarahMc

I'm a 38 year old single parent to an 8 year old daughter who is growing up too fast :-(

I also work in the child development/care area. This is probably my favourite forum on boards, and as a single parent I find it invaluable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

Hi all,

Have a little boy who will be 2 in October, trying to convince the other half that its time for another. Love this forum

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,509 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Hi All,
    26 from Dublin. Single father of a nearly 5 year old girl. Shes a little angel thank god! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

Thanks all!!! And thanks mods for making a sticky-when i came in i thought it had been deleted!!! We seem to have a huge variety of parents and parenty types here! Great to be chatting with you all x

Congratulations on your marriage Nesf and best of luck with the pregnancy Adrieanne!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

hi all.. Im 28 and mother of a 7 year old girl..am in a relationship to a great guy and we all live together! Have experienced being a single mum.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Time to add my bit!

Just hit the big 30 this year and am Dad to my 14 month old 'baby' girl. I'm married 6 years to my loving wife who decided to quit work for good after our babs had a rough start.

Living in East Meath now just a stones throw from the Drogheda border, but come originally from Raheny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

I seem to be the youngest dad, I feel nuts now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 Sheena99

Hi, I'm mammy to my 7 month son, married and due to return to work next month. Have found this forum a great help.

Advertisement