Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A bit about yourself...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 EcoBrats

I'm new to boards and relatively new to Ireland.

Moved to Limerick from the UK a little over a year ago to be with my partner after the birth of our son. Just about settled in now!

I am 27 and a Work At Home Mum, having just set up a mainly internet-based business retailing cloth nappies and other natural baby products.

Loving the parenting forum. Lots of interesting posts - just have to start participating a bit more! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Maddison

The name isnt really Maddison & I dont have red hair!

Im 26(in 3 weeks:D)live in D11 with my partner & our little boy who will be 6 in July. Never saw myself being a mummy(especially a young mum) but I couldnt imagine my life without him now. Work full time.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭shaca

Hi All

I am a 31 year old mother of two. My daughter is 8 and my little miracle (my son) is 20 months. I am married to my husband for 4 years but we have been together for 11 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Squeal

Hello parenting forum!

I'm 21 years old and I have an adorable 14 month old son. I live in Kildare, I'm a stay at home mother and have been married for 2 years. Never thought I'd be settled so young but here I am :D

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭neoB

Howdy. I'm 25 (26 in march), married mother of two. A one year old son Cornelius and a two year old daughter Maeve. Currently living in Florida.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭mumof2

Hi there,
    I've recenly seperated (2 yrs ago) and have two children. I'm going on 34, and my kids are both almost 9yrs and 7 yrs. I was married for 8 years, and with my x 7 yrs prior to that. So the decision to seperate wasn't taken lightly!
    Its gr8 to be able to come her for advice from the real experts!!

Hope to be able to answer some of yer dillemas too some day! Take care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Banrion

Im 32, mother of one and living in LImerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 cinderellaxx

Hi All

I'm quite new to this, im 24,living in meath and mother to a beautiful little 5 month old girl:) still currently on maternity leave but debating weather 2 give up work and become a full time mum!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭trishakids

Heya, im Trisha im 30 and a mammy of 6, four girls aged 13 to 4, and 2 boys aged 12 to 7. Havent posted on the parenting thread before so just wanted to say hello!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭trish23

Hi, I'm Trish too! Definitely oldie of the group - 45 with 3 kids, 25 (! no never!) year old daughter, 22 year old son & now 2 year old daughter - life gets more interesting by the day! Wouldn't change it for the world but could do with more sleep....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭fiona stephanie

hi all

im 27, mam to 2 girls,from Dublin seperated from ther dad nearly 5 years now and going out with a great man! but do not live together yet, once bitten twice shy and all that!

im new to the whole boards thing but am really enjoying it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

New to this but glad I found it!! Live in limerick and a single parent to a two and a half year old.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Hey guys
    35 year old mum of 4 aged 15, 12,10 and 7. Live in the west. With partner 16 years but only married 5.
    Too busy having babies all those years in between.........

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

This is a great thread. I am 22 and I have a 7 week old little man who is my world. He was also a week late birthday present for me, I was terrified the day of my birthday that he would decide to arrive:) I was a nursing student but taking time off to look after himself, I will go back though and hopefully become a midwife:)

My boyfriend is around too but constantly working hard at his studies, but spends all his spare time with the little fella, so I can't complain:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Hi

47 yr old dad of 2 great boys. The eldest is 21 in July and has been away in college for the last 3 years (I don't know where years 13-18 went with him). We're getting used to the idea he has left home, but it is not easy.
    The other lad is 17 next week and never sits still for a minute. Always at the football, scouts, women, friends house etc.
    Very proud of both and they never let me down, apart from the usual growing up stuff.
    Both boys and their mum are everything to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Alib2009

Hi

Have been viewing as a guest since i had my little boy over a year ago so time to stand up and join. I am 33 married for four years and i am a mum of one wonderful little boy 15 months old. He is not quite walking but can push a trolley and run behind it. Sleeps really well most of the time and he has an amazing laugh.

I am a working outside the home mum and do admit to it being a struggle if i had the choice i would work only a couple of mornings but until that big lotto cheque comes this way ......... Anyway i have found this forum reassuring and very helpful. And i do hope i can continue to keep in touch - now that i have an identity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭shaz00

Hi im 29, turning 30 next month :rolleyes: have 2 wonderful boys 3 and 1, they are very highly strung and quiet a handful at times, but they are my world. Live with my partner of 10 years. Have great support from my family and friends. I work 3 days a week, was full time until recently and now recognise how much I was missing being gone five days. Wasn't of my own making but we'll learn to cope and the boys are benefiting great from it. I hope that I will be able to give them the life they deserve and that we'll always be friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Mrs JackDaniels

Hey

I'm 23 years old and have a wonderful little girl who is 2.5 years old, she is the light of my life!! I'm with my boyfriend for nearly five years love him more and more with every passing day, he is the one thing that keeps me sane in a very crazy world!!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭RANIA

hi i am a sahm to dd who is 18mths, i am 29 in galway and married to a junior doc who works crazy hours and is away at least 3 nights per week, which makes this parenting business a bit lonely:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Not a parent yet but spend loads of time here and in the Pregnancy forum.

I'm 21 and 5 months pregnant with my first child. I live in Dublin 11 with my fiance. Can't wait for baby to come along so I can get into the swing of motherhood and start pestering you all with my endless questions about why baby is awake all night and why people are looking at me weirdly as I'm crying with frustration because baby won't shut up! (Just kidding!!! I promise I won't be that bad!! ;) )

I work for an insurance company and at the moment I am planning on returning to work after I have baby, but I have to find a reasonable enough childminder first!

Sorry for the long post!!
    Adrieanne :)

Probably about time I updated this thing!! My little girl, Addison is now nearly 7 months old and it has been plain sailing so far!! No teeth as of yet, but teething regularly. She is a cheeky little thing who likes to growl at her Daddy and then laughs like a mad thing after she does it! Sleeps in her own room (not through the night yet but sometimes!!) and loves her grub!.

I am back at work now and hating it. But thankfully we have a wonderful child minder who is a family friend and is verrryy reasonable! Don't think I could have coped with going back to work without her or the support of my fiancé.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Probably about time I updated this thing!! My little girl, Addison is now nearly 7 months old and it has been plain sailing so far!! No teeth as of yet, but teething regularly. She is a cheeky little thing who likes to growl at her Daddy and then laughs like a mad thing after she does it! Sleeps in her own room (not through the night yet but sometimes!!) and loves her grub!.

I am back at work now and hating it. But thankfully we have a wonderful child minder who is a family friend and is verrryy reasonable! Don't think I could have coped with going back to work without her or the support of my fiancé.

Good to hear things are going well for you.

Glen is now 8 months, I am still breastfeeding, I will return to work in September on a 2 day week!!:D The boys will be in creche for 2 days. My older fella is in playschool there the last year and he is very happy, so am hoping baby will love it too!

Baby still wakes up during the night (wants a feed and mammas bed), but has a good routine goes down at 8 and wakes at 8., he is very affectionate, loves cuddles and hugs. He has an assumed dairy allergy, waiting to see paediatrician appointment is for september. He loves his grub also.

He is rolling around the floor and can keep himself amused for a while now.
    No teeth also(thank god).

They grow up too fast.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Hi,
    It is probably about time I introduce myself too:)
    I have 1 little girl who is 6 1/2 months.
    She sleeps 12 hours a night and has 2 teeth.
    She is great and the best person in the world:)

Rach

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

May aswell introduce myself aswell since I browse the parenting forum a lot but dont post as much as I should.

Anyway Im 34 father to 4.

Oldest is 11 and was a premmie born at 27.5 weeks.
    Then we had unexplained infertility for a few years which in the meantime we decided to start the adoption process.While we were waiting for that to start our social worker advised us to start the fostering assessment(which would help with the adoption process) which we did and the day after we finished we were asked to take a 18 month old toddler.
    Hes now 7 and theyve asked us to adopt him which we`re currently in the process of starting.

Then my wife got pregnant in 2005 and m/c Christmas week which was devastating for us both.
    Then she got pregnant in early 2006 and we had a girl in November.
    18 months later we had another girl in April 2008.

So the house is a lets say a bit like a lunatic asylum at the minute with the 2 younger ones who are like 2 partners in crime--They do everything together and them being so close in age is just brilliant to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 than

Hi, am 30, been with my DP for 6yrs, been trying for a baby for the past 4yrs. Having our 1st IVF cycle in few months time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Cookie Jar

Never saw this thread. So here we go...

I am 21yrs young:p
    Mother to a beautiful 19month old baby girl.
    Single, working part time and plan to go back to college next year hopefully (dropped out to have baby in 07).
    Loving parenthood, I never thought I could feel the way I feel about one person.

Although at times it is hard, frustrating and lonely, I believe I was blessed with this life and will do everything I can to make her happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Hi all, may as well post up my bit of info!!

I'm 29, Graphic Designer, and a father to the most beautiful 5 year old girl a daddy could wish for :)

Myself and her mother are not together, but we have a workable access thingy going on, which required court on a couple of occasions unfortunately. (so have a bit of experience on that front!)

I am currently with my partner of 3 years, in our own apartment in D11, and expecting our first child at the end of January, and couldn't be happier :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

I think I speak for us all when I say....
    Moonbeam wrote: »
    She sleeps 12 hours a night

OMG! Bitch!

(Joke...just in case!)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I get that a lot:)
    The poor little thing had a bad cold and as a result now has a perforated eardrum and is teething so she did wake a few nights for hugs but is back to normal now:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭Payton

Hi all, I never really looked at this Forum, Im a 42 yr old father and hubby to my childhood swetheart since we were 15/16 from Dublin 24. We have two wonderful children our daughter is 20 and our son is 15, brillant kids and I find we are learning from them as they mature and love life. (Now where did i put that book on parenting??).
    To all the pregnant couples or singles congrats, embrace your new life, love it, and cherish what you have been blessed with. It will be a long road of sleepless nights, tiredness, and plenty of rows even at our kids age :D, but the rewards are outstanding and the memories they are wonderful. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

Hi.
    I'm 27 (still adjusting to that number :eek:).
    I have a wonderful daughter who is nearly 7.
    Her bio dad did a runner when I got pregnant, I met someone else and was with him for 6 years and we split a year ago.
    So back to being a single parent and it's a lot easier this time around.
    She's great craic and great company for me. So proud of her and she's loved by all :D

Advertisement