Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A bit about yourself...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭big syke

Hi
    Im 24 proud father to 3 month old little girl born by emergency section.
    Such a content baby starting to smile and try laugh and very strong!
    Sleeps from 9-12 hours a night which i think runs in babys in OH side of family and is great!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭Payton

ash23 wrote: »
    Hi.
    I'm 27 (still adjusting to that number :eek:).
    I have a wonderful daughter who is nearly 7.
    Her bio dad did a runner when I got pregnant, I met someone else and was with him for 6 years and we split a year ago.
    So back to being a single parent and it's a lot easier this time around.
    She's great craic and great company for me. So proud of her and she's loved by all :D

Thanks for that ash, Ive often wondered why some guys do a runner, our daughter was born when we were not married, never never could I even think of doing something like that. Our friends were out havin a good time while we were knee deep in it but loved it. And to see her now, her whole world in front of here with her in college and now driving (oh god!! haha) :D.
    If you have a look at a few post on this site you will see fathers trying to make contact with someone who they left out of their lives and it must be hard for them and yet their are some guys who want contact with their kids and our crazy laws restrict them from having contact. When our daughter was born I had to "Adopt" her, only in this crazy country !!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

If you have a look at a few post on this site you will see fathers trying to make contact with someone who they left out of their lives and it must be hard for them

What section is that in as a matter of interest? Just in case he's looking for her? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭Payton

Hi Ash it was in either Personals Issues or Relationships section, Ive tried to look it up but the search is down. But I do remember seeing something from a Father looking for his rights. If you are looking for info on unmarried/seperated fathers, have a look at my signature.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Only just noticed this thread now. D'oh.
    I'm a 30-something mum to a 1YO boy, married and also a stepmum to a 10YO girl. That gives me loads of experience in supporting my now husband through the courts system and the ups and down of combined parenting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Only noticed this thread last week. Came up on the home page.
    Anyway im a 26 year old single parent, have one little girl aged 4. Still have a great relationship with her mum and only lives 5 minutes away.
    Hopefully I can learn somethings and if possible give some advice

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Just noticed this myself :D

I'm 32 and living in dublin. Had my first child , my daughter now 12 when I was just gone 20. It was unplanned and I had major hassles as I was still living at home and was in college at the time.

Still with her dad. We got married last year and are expecting our second in mid november so gonna be living with a teenager and a newborn..thats going to be interesting....

Been a fair share of sadness along the way - I've had a few pregnanices in between but they ended for various reasons

Love being a parent - its the best thing I ever did and despite the stress and the days you want to kill them its the most amazing feeling in the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Overthinker

Hi im 26 from Dublin 24. I was a single parent for 2 years until I met my darling husband who I am married to almost 7 months now. I have 2 wonderful boys aged 5 and 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 katieboo84

hi im realy new to this, im 25, eek and a mammy to my georgous daughter whos 3 at christmas and just found out im pg again, im newly a single parent after been with my man for the last 5 years now we can bearly be in the same room as each other, i was almost a single mother on my first so it hasnt hit me yet that il be doing it again on my 2nd, helllppp, no hope i think me finding mr right with 2 kids under my arm eh, oh yeh im frm the south east and work full time but gettin laid off in march/april so il be a full time mammy again, dont i blabble on, sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭MelissaLahive

Hi everybody. I've been lurking for a while and finally decided to join up and hopefully start giving back!

I'm Melissa, 30 from Dublin and a mother of Tyler 5, Megan 3 and Brooke 1. Trying to juggle full time parenting and a full time job. Not easy!!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

Good to see this thread is still alive :)

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭johnc24

Hi all I'm John, 27 in February.
    I will be a proud father in August. We had a 10 week scan done
    last week in Spain, the wife has full cover there, but we both live in
    north Dublin. Apparently I was told a tear was in my eye when I heard the heartbeat, I disagreed but a very nice feeling did overcome me!

Next scan @ 20 weeks in Holles St in Dublin.

Look forward to chatting with some of you in the future

All the best

I like this one:

Quote...if the next generation is to face the future with zest and self-confidence, we must educate them to be original as well as competent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Congrats John & welcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 itz me

well im 27yr old mother to a beautiful little girl aged six, i'm engaged to another boardsie, work in childcare...happy out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 nienna2010

Hi everyone!

I'm 27, living in Waterford and have been married for over 2 years to my wonderful husband and am now a very proud mommie to my little girl who was born just 3 weeks ago! I had an extremely difficult 26hour labour, but when she arrived it really was all worth it! I am still adjusting to motherhood but absolutely adore her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Deacy

Hi all, Great forum. I'm 35, married for 13years, mom to 7yr old girly angel, work 45hrs a week and fostering a teen. DH works long hours too. Am obsessing about possibly having another!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭liverpo

Hello All

We're married 7years with 3 kids - 1 boy(6 honeymoon baby) and 2 girls(4&2).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Hi all,

I'm fresh over from the pregnancy forum, just home with our 2 day old baby girl today :)
    Married just under a year and this is number one for us (our just after the honeymoon baby!) :)

Living in Kilkenny, finding this being a new parent thing a bit scary but loving it all the same :)

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭littleoulme

Hiya, new to the this forum, only noticed it today! :o, I am married with two girls - one is just 13 and the other 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭hiltonhater

Hi, been posting on and off in parenting forums. Currently 36 weeks pregnant with my first :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Hadnt seen this before, I've been posting on boards for years, usually on photography but also my husband uses the profile on music and football etc.

So I'm married with 2 kids, working as a photographer, families, weddings and kids and slowly but surely getting more and more addicted to boards;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭carrot_flowers

Greetings everyone!!
    My name is Yardana, I'm 22 and married to Paul, who is 24. We met on some goofy social networking site 11 years ago...and had been writing, calling, webcamming, ect for all those years. Both of us were completely head over heels in love with each other all of that time and never knew the others feelings...until at some point in early 2009 he professed said love in a video conversation...in a matter of days, I literally gave up everything I owned save for two suitcases and flew 7500 miles to be with him. Since, we have been living in several different countries...a long story but the vast majority of the world won't let us be together due to needing a lot of money we didn't have to move an immigrant to one land or another. Sadly, due to this and some hurrying circumstances, Paul was forced to decide and chose to leave behind as well everything he owned...to follow love to the ends of the earth. [Neither of us have ever broken a law in our adult lives, so its nothing like that...will be happy to explain the story further if asked.] So, eventually, after hopping around, we ended up here in Ireland...the land of my grandfolk. From where you came, to where you shall return again...

I am, as I write, 10 1/2 weeks pregnant with our first child-whose mother was born in one country and father in another, who was concieved in a different country, will be born in another, and will have the birthright to four citizenships of his or her choice (oh, the places he/she can go when they are older!)...our families call it the patchwork baby!

We're fairly new here to Ireland, we live in Dublin 15 and are hoping very much to meet other parents/parents to be that we can be friends with :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Mum to 3 boys aged 7,10 and 11:):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Shivers26

I am 27 & I have 2 boys (11 and almost 3). I live with them and my partner of 5 years in Leixlip.
    I usually post on other boards but thought its about time I checked out parenting since I've been doing it years :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8 lucolady

Hi everyone! i love this forum. long time visitor 1st time poster. im a single mum to a fabulous 6 year old girl livin in meath. love this site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 youtwat

Hi all I am a happy Mammy of one girl, happy 12.5 year partner of her Daddy. All good in the hood :) And please don't take the name seriously :)

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Hi all. I'm a 35 year old mum in the West of this green island, and my hubby and I finally had our little boy last year, after almost 7 years of trying/treatments/surgery etc.
    I haven't adjusted as easily as I expected but I'm getting there now!
    :) I have a totally new respect for single parents, parents of multiples and particularly parents of sick kids - well done to all!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Married 2 years together 13 going on 14 and not yet 30. Mother of 3, ages nearly 11 nearly 5 (was 5 weeks premature) and a 3 year old.

I gave up work 1 year ago to look after the kids as the 3 year old has possible asd/adhd and is undergoing continuous assessment and is receiving early intervention and the nearly 11 year old is diabetic and has nearly died twice.

My husband had cancer and is in remission for the last 2.5 years and is a software developer. Bought are own house 5 years ago but are now considering leaving Ireland.

We've had a lot of ups and downs and hit every hurdle we possibly could, but still going strong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭CK2010

didn't know this thread was here! just saw it mentioned in another thread!

I'm 20, have a beautiful 2 year old (nearly 3) girl, have been with her father for 5 years.

Im currently sitting my final exams in college, and am working part-time in a shop until im finished college and then I'll take up full time employment (fingers crossed), working round the hours the OH works cause right now childcare costs are killing us!

thats pretty much it! alot more happy now im finishing college because it was awful stressful trying to juggle everything! and now ive alot more time to spend with my daughter, once i come home from work i can relax and play with her! instead of studying/reading/writing two thesis (theses?? still dont know the plural of thesis!). really happy right now!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I've been posting on Boards for what seems like years. I have one little boy and we've just had another and he's coming home to me tomorrow after a severely dodgy few days for him and his mum in hospital. I'm fucking delighted and so happy. :D

Advertisement