Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A bit about yourself...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

just seen this thread now.

congratulations stovelid :)

i'm a 25 year old lone parent, have one princess, who's turning six on friday :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Lorri_L

I'm 23, mammy to a gorgeous 9 month old boy. Hes my world and I don't know what I'd do without him. Hes keeps me busy but for some crazy reason I'm really really broody!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Delighted for you and your missus and new baby Stovelid:)

Well, a year on since I last posted here I think and not too much has changed except the 4 kids I have (16,13,11 and 8) have gotten soooooo much bigger but thankfully not any bolder!!

Finished my 2nd year of my science degree and got the results I'd been aiming for which made me very, very happy!!!

On a downer note my 8yr od was diagnosed as being dyspraxic (Developmental co-ordination disorder) which is being sorted by Enable Ireland but on an up note my eldest won an National Irish Championship gold medal rowing for his school!!:)

All in all, we as a family are not richer in terms of money since last year but we certainly are richer in terms of happiness and contentment and I can't ask for more than that:)

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭magicray

Thought I had better come in and say hi, I dont really post in here much but read a lot !

Im a Mum to three boys - so am half mad !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Pop in from time to time, mainly seen in the athletics forum.
    I'm a stay at home dad to three girls 6,4 and 7 months. Happily married to a beautiful woman and sth very sexy in the fact that she brings home the bacon, I'm a kept man :D. Absolutely love my job and don't plan on going back to work anytime soon, makes money matters a bit tight but fcek it we're all happy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭astra2000

Hi all I love ths forum and see loads of great advice on it. I am 37 married 16 years today in fact! We have 3 children 13 10 7 and I am a stay at home mom I am very happy doing that! We live in the west of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Have my first, a 5 week old girl :) but have been lurking around here since I've known she is on the way. Realise its early days yet but loving it and hope to have more :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Congrats RedXIV :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Congrats RedXIV :)

+1. :)

You still doing Thai?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Khannie wrote: »
    +1. :)

You still doing Thai?

lol I wish :) Went in for about 3 classes, got waaaay over confident and left nicely injured. great crowd there but only starting to get back into training in the last week or two. Have turned into a right pudding so am determined to fix that :pac:

Nice to be remembered though! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

About time that I posted here - I have a little son who is just over 5 months old, my husband and I have always wanted children and love our little son and would love another one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭belongtojazz

Hi all, I'm a 38 year old single mum to the best daughter in the world. I have just moved back to Ireland after 11 years in the UK and am loving being back home.

Now that I have my daughter settled in school it is time for me to start back on the job hunt :D

Welcome home. :)

Good luck with the job hunt. What do you do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭belongtojazz

Khannie wrote: »
    Welcome home. :)

Good luck with the job hunt. What do you do?

Thank you, it's so nice to be back :D

I'm looking for any office type work really. Worked as a Business Analyst for the last couple of years but was an Ops manager before that and have done a lot of customer service work and logisitics. So can really turn my hand to anything. The problem seems to be that most vacancies are for people with a second language and unfortunately that is 1 skill I don't have :rolleyes:

I'll keep applying though and fingers crossed something will come right for me :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Suppose I should put a bit about myself in here.

I'm 30, married and living in Galway. We have one son, James who's almost 7 and a half months. He's a cool little fella, has a smile for everyone and is full of life. We hope to give him a sibling at some stage in the future but my god, not yet! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Knit wit

I'm 34 married mother of 2 (11 and 8). Just when u get through the toddler years, along comes puberty! This forum is very useful ... Will try my best to contribute more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

im 24, engaged, we have 1 daughter Emma 14 months, not planning on giving her a sibling (she seems the type to stick stamps on the new baby and try to post it) so we're sticking with our one attention loving daughter!:D (she's not spoiled honestly)

i am currently a stay at home mom although im studying accountancy by night! J2D2 is 23 works in the pharmaceutical industry here in cork. Dotes on his daughter.

all in all i couldn't ask for more! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭Payton

Isnt it great that during the "Doom and Gloom" that the children (ours 21 and 16) in our lives put a smile on our faces and they are free!! :):), Life goes on, keep smiling. You spend the first 2 yrs teaching your child to walk and talk, and the next 16 years telling them to "Sit down and be quiet" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭sunshineoh9

i'm savanna, 20 y/o currently living in miami, florida. i don't actually have a kid but my fiance has a daughter and i'd love to call her my own. <3
    i'm moving in with them in Limerick hopefully by december

Good luck with the move! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭sunshineoh9

thanks! i need it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

Mid 40's, married, living with my wife & 3 surviving sons, aged 19,17,and 8. Boy #3 died (SIDS) aged 18 months on Dec 19,1999. Contrary to what many people think, our 8 yo was a blessing, not an accident ;)

- FoxT

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

Currently SATM, pregnant with son, due in feb, and we have a son, nearly 4, and daughter, nearly 2. Married 6 yrs, with Mr. Wonderful for 11 yrs, live in Kildare for past 4 yrs.

SATM???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Stay at tome mom???

*Stay at home mom

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Febe00

hello I am a 36 year old mum of 4. our My sons are 18, 14, 10, and a daughter 2.
    I live in d15 with my husband, kiddies, dog and cat :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

SATM???

sick and tired of minors?

:pac:

/sorry - long, long day with a terrible two

I know that feeling. We have had chest infections in the house for the last 3 weeks, it was like a cascade fail as one by one we succumed. Both kids have been off school with it,
    7 school days missed so far. Hopefully they will be back in before the week is out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

I know that feeling. We have had chest infections in the house for the last 3 weeks, it was like a cascade fail as one by one we succumed. Both kids have been off school with it,
    7 school days missed so far. Hopefully they will be back in before the week is out.

All 3 of mine had that last week they all had wed,thur and fri off school. At least they all ahd it at once instead of it dragging on for 3 weeks.

Hope they get better soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Seven days is rough. Hope they're better soon. Were you all suffering the same time...

Our four-month old has tonsillitis and both me and his mum caught laryngitis and a chest infection off each other. Doctor bills all over...

Not as bad as getting all at once though.

Advertisement