Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A bit about yourself...

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭gucciali

Hi :) .I'm 32 , live in Dublin with my partner and three beautiful girls , age 8, 5, and 4 . I work part time and spend the rest of my time catching up :) I'm always busy but that's how I like it . I'm a lurker of the parenting forum and hopefully I can help people with my experience and vice versa .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭upinthesky

hi all:) im 27 not married but with my partner 11 years now have 3 children 8,6, and 9 weeks new to boards but now im hooked no going back lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Ayla

Just saw this thread now...

I'm a 31 yr old married female living in the northwest with my hubby and our 4-yr old and 18-month old daughters. I met my husband in Galway over 8 years ago & moved here officially (from the States) when we married in 2005.

I work part-time for a financial consultant, but my hubby & I are trying to get a business off the ground. Ideally, I'd be a SAHM so I can pursue mothering and making our 2-acre site into a self-sustainable paradise on a full-time basis. Well, we all have to have dreams... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

CathyMoran wrote: »
    About time that I posted here - I have a little son who is just over 5 months old, my husband and I have always wanted children and love our little son and would love another one.
    Update: Am over 28 weeks pregnant with a little girl (did not know about her the last time I posted) and our son is almost a year old now - can not think of anything more rewarding.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

Only seeing this now as well.

I'm a single momma to the most beautiful little girl who will be 1 on Tuesday. Have been unemployed since christmas so looking at upskilling and enjoying all the extra time with my baby. Living in Kildare but from Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Probably time for me to update my info too.
    I am the mother of 2 gorgeous little girls the eldest was 2 in January and the baby was born is January.
    We live in Kildare aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

I haven't actually introduced myself at all! (I'm awful at introductions ! :p)

I'm 26, a full-time postgrad student, from and living in Dublin, and just over 18 weeks pregnant on my first (very much a "surprise"... )! :D
    Have only been with finace and Daddy- to - be for just over a year. :eek: :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

liliq wrote: »
    I haven't actually introduced myself at all! (I'm awful at introductions ! :p)

I'm 26, a full-time postgrad student, from and living in Dublin, and just over 18 weeks pregnant on my first (very much a "surprise"... )! :D
    Have only been with finace and Daddy- to - be for just over a year. :eek: :)

I was with Daddy for just a year (conceived on our first anniversary :o ) and three years on we have two little ladies to fill our days! Never a dull moment and everything going strong :)

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭SurferRosa

Hi everyone, I'm 28 year old mother of two boys aged 2 and a half and almost 6 months. Am currently on maternity leave, living in Trim, but enjoying the freedom that our second car has given me.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I haven't posted here yet. I'm 37, married, living in Dublin 10 and a mam to an almost 12 week old boy. We got married last year after being together 5 years. We celebrated our first anniversary with our 5 week old son. I'm fortunate enough to still have a job and am currently on maternity leave. I hope to take 7.5 months in total and presently not looking forward to going back to work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

I haven't posted here yet. I'm 37, married, living in Dublin 10 and a mam to an almost 12 week old boy. We got married last year after being together 5 years. We celebrated our first anniversary with our 5 week old son. I'm fortunate enough to still have a job and am currently on maternity leave. I hope to take 7.5 months in total and presently not looking forward to going back to work.

Congrats on your new baby :) Enjoy every minute of your maternity leave. I used to hate the thoughts of going back to work after maternity leave & it really stressed me, but it wasn't all that bad when I got back!
    Hope its not too bad for you either :)

Just going to bump this up for all our new mammy's and daddy's to post in!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Hi there!
    I'm 31 yrs old, from Cork, have a fantastic daughter who is nearly 11. I'm not with her father anymore, but married the love of my life last sept, due our first for July!
    This pregnancy is so much different from the last one, despite being 11 yrs older, the support from my husband is the best.
    I'm in such a good place right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Since its been over a year since i last posted, ill update you all.

Married mother of 3, ages 12, 6 and 5.

12 year old (girl) is diabetic as most of you know. The 6 year old (boy) was a premature baby x 5 weeks, and the 5 year old (boy) has a severe speech and language disorder, his in the first percentile and had/has autistic like characteristics and behavioural difficulties due to his SSLD.

Been married for 3 years and we are together for 14 years (since i was 17). I'm now 31, my husband is 9 months older than me, he had cancer a little while ago, but all good now. His a software engineer. We live in the Mid West, but i'm originally from Co Cork (with English parents and also lived in the uk when i aged 1-8). Im a stay at home mom :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,249 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Suppose I'll follow suit with an update.

I'm a software consultant from Galway, fiancée is a stay-at-home-mum from Dublin. we've been renting a house in Clontarf for the last two years and are planning our wedding for early next year.

We've a 3 year old girl together and I'm step-dad to her 6 year old boy in senior infants who's dad is a positive active presence in his life and we're fortunate enough that myself, my fiancée and himself are all good friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Another update:

Am mother to an almost 8 month old girl and an almost 22 month old boy - I want one more then would happily get my tubes tied...still working on my husband...

Nothing in life has made me happier than being a parent - I love my children.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

I'll update but nothing has changed since the last time I posted except I got older :p

I'm now 29, the not-so-little-one will be 9 soon. I'm still single and her biological father is still MIA since I got pregnant.

But all is well in our little bubble :D
    i'm working away, we live in the West, she's in 3rd class and a happy little lass.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Sure I may as well give an update too.

I spent the last 10 years working in the IT industry and in November I gave up to become a childminder and spend time with m 2 gorgeous girls.

The girls were 1 and 3 in January,they are growing up so fast.

I am also married now too:)

I should update too! I now have three gorgeous daughters. Aged 3, 23 months and nearly 4 months old. Crazy... but I love every minute of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Not one to be left out :D
    I live in Kilkenny, mum to the boss of our house (23 month old little girl) and have a brother or sister on the way for her, due end of April.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

no idea if i posted before or not, so here goes.
    Am now a stay-at-home mom to 3 - 5 yr old boy, 3 yr old girl and almost 1 yr old boy.
    Worked in various industries as a project manager and am at home since No2 arrived 3 yrs ago.
    Live in Kildare, think we are lifers now.
    I am breastfeeding no3 and hope to continue as long as possible.

Bumped for Leztanelly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Leztanelly

Moonbeam, thank u you're a star.

I'm a lost mummy in Oz, in my searches for a parenting forum I am yet to find anything like this one.

I hope you r ok with me joining in & swapping stories. My daughter & only child is 4 years old. She is lovely, full of challenges & suprizes me & hubby everyday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Just a little update , when I last posted here , I was a proud father of one daughter ...... well guess what .....

I am now a proud father of TWO daughters , currently 6 months old and 6 years old ....... so one keeps us awake at nights , and one keeps us awake with all her questions :)

Love being a Father , it's great fun , if a little tiring .

• Registered Users Posts: 34 babymomma22

hello im new =]
    im 23 , married a year and a stay at home mom to my 8month old son who is all go and keeps me on my toes =] from west limerick but living in raheen in limerick now big change for me not to wake up to cows in the morning , looking for a private baby group in limerick if anyone knows of any =]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Never posted in this thread so here goes: I'm 32 and a stay-at-home (for the moment, I'm looking for work) mum to a 10 month old boy. I'm Irish but I live in the south of France with my French partner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

Update on me.
    30, kiddo is nearly 10, I'm no longer single as I met someone a couple of months after I posted last and we're getting on pretty well. Not living together or anything but I think it has potential.
    I was also diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis in the last year so that's kind of scary. I'm trying to be as optimistic as I can but sometimes the terror of what might be ahead sneaks up on me.

I dread my daughter ever becoming my carer, that scares me more than the idea of needing a carer.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Xdancer

I never posted here, so this is me...
    I'm Irish but live in the south of Spain with my French partner and our 13 month old daughter.
    We run our own business so I'm lucky to be able to take time off when necessary :)
    I'm 34, 35 next week

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

i am a 33 year old mother of a 2 year old girl and a 11 month old boy. I used to work 50 hrs plus per week as a manager, but now i work part time evenings at a junior position. I've been with my partner for 17 years.

• Advertisement
Advertisement