Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas in Dublin

Options
  • 31-07-2008 2:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi!
    This Christmas I will stay in Dublin together with my boyfriend and I'm afraid that nobody from our family is coming. Is there any concert or party during that days?

Thank you!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

grungina wrote: »
    Hi!
    This Christmas I will stay in Dublin together with my boyfriend and I'm afraid that nobody from our family is coming. Is there any concert or party during that days?

Thank you!

Lose the boyfriend and you can come party with me :D

Not too sure to be honest,everything in Dublin tends to be closed Christmas day.You'll get pubs and clubs open on Christmas eve though,and there's plenty to do the day after christmas,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 grungina

Degsy wrote: »
    Lose the boyfriend and you can come party with me :D

Not too sure to be honest,everything in Dublin tends to be closed Christmas day.You'll get pubs and clubs open on Christmas eve though,and there's plenty to do the day after christmas,

AH!AH!AH! :p

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

On Christmas Day, all the pubs, resturants, cinema, spars everything closes down, even the buses

but everything will be back up as normal on the 26th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Dinter

The Pogues usually have a concert just before Christmas. Consistently a great night over christmas.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

irishbird wrote: »

but everything will be back up as normal on the 26th
    Oooh nope. Most pubs and clubs in Dub are unionised and don't re-open til the 27th. Those that aren't and that do open generally only do for a few hours. As opposed to areas beyond the pale where the26th is the biggest social event on the calender.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Merry Christmas OP.

:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Dinter wrote: »
    The Pogues usually have a concert just before Christmas. Consistently a great night over christmas.

Usually around the 18th.Its always gonna be Shane's last!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I love walking around the city on Christmas day, it's so quiet and spooky

humberklog wrote: »
    As opposed to areas beyond the pale where the26th is the biggest social event on the calender.

ah you see, i shall be outside the pale on the 26th and you are right, it is the biggest social event of the year. i love stephen's night

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

irishbird wrote: »
    On Christmas Day, all the pubs, resturants, cinema, spars everything closes down, even the buses

Sadly no longer the case, many of the new non christian Irish are only too happy to work for extra money on xmas day and so lots of shops and petrol stations are now open 365 days a year :(

• Advertisement

Dyflin wrote: »
    Sadly no longer the case, many of the new non christian Irish are only too happy to work for extra money on xmas day and so lots of shops and petrol stations are now open 365 days a year :(

wow, are they ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

My birthday is the 2nd Jan and I recall when I was a kid that absolutely nothing would be open then. Woe was me being unable to spend monies until the next day!

These days etc etc..

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Dyflin wrote: »
    Well 4 outta 5 are. Pubs, rest., cinemas and busses don't run. Some Spar, centra etc. are open as are many garages. My local Spar was open last year and it's run and worked by Polish. Now they ain't exactly what you'd call non-christian. The Spar on Baggot st. always opened even back in early 90's when it was 100% Irish peeps behind the thieving tills.

Oh yeah it's outta town for the 26th. Istanbul for me.
    Dub's a dead loss if you're looking for action from midnight Crimbo til the 27th. And even at that it's sluggish til New Years.

Advertisement