Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Builders Insurance

Options
  • 31-07-2008 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Does anyone know where to get the best price for builders insurance ? i havent priced anywhere just yet but if anyone has gotten any good deals around please let me know. is there anything specific i should get in it or is it pretty straight forward.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Jorus

Is it a self build insurance policy you are looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Soldier

ya self build sorry. Direct labour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Jorus

I shopped around quite a bit for our insurance - i found the Hibernian to be the best value - for a 3000sq ft house and garage twas just over €1900. (12 month policy)

We were dealing directly with the branch in Cork and the manager there was very helpful.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,547 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

What about Premier, and your'e taking care of the Structural Guarantee at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

We got a two year self-build policy from Aviva/Hibernian, covered the three main areas of theft/damage, employer's liability and public liability.

Going rate when we were looking was about 90c per sq.ft.

There were cheaper deals about through brokers but Aviva were the only ones who would cover our particular circumstances - we had a contractor doing a shell build and wanted to cover from the point of our first fix starting not from first dig.

SSE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,080 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Late in arriving for this thread. I can see reason for posting here but It is better off in the banking and insurance forum.

Moved.

Advertisement