Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving in Galway is absolutely dispicable today

Options
  • 31-07-2008 2:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭

I don't know what kind of shower this week has brought in but the fu*king driving is driving me mental.

Started this morning a car coming up the sandy road onto the roundabout and this guy in a volvo decides to make his own rules up and drives right out onto the busy roundabout he kept edging his way out until eventually somebody had to stop to let him on. Then he used no indication or anything coming off. Wft like?????

Then some bimbo a few mins ago was coming off the same roundabout down the twin laned slip road towards wellpark. First decides to sporadically jump out in front of me to the second lane with no indication and then moves into the left lane again down near the bottom holding me up when there were a good few opportunities to get onto the roundabout.

Then coming off the roundabout and back up towards sean mulvoy a woman comes off the inside lane to take the left lane (while I'm in the left lane) and nearly cuts me off. I had to beep before she realized I was there.

Unbe[fuc*kin]lievable.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

Sounds like its just a regular day driving in Galway.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

True actually but I'm particularly pissed off with it today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Cole

I don't know what kind of shower this week has brought in but the fu*king driving is driving me mental.

Started this morning a car coming up the sandy road onto the roundabout and this guy in a volvo decides to make his own rules up and drives right out onto the busy roundabout he kept edging his way out until eventually somebody had to stop to let him on. Then he used no indication or anything coming off. Wft like?????

Then some bimbo a few mins ago was coming off the same roundabout down the twin laned slip road towards wellpark. First decides to sporadically jump out in front of me to the second lane with no indication and then moves into the left lane again down near the bottom holding me up when there were a good few opportunities to get onto the roundabout.

Then coming off the roundabout and back up towards sean mulvoy a woman comes off the inside lane to take the left lane (while I'm in the left lane) and nearly cuts me off. I had to beep before she realized I was there.

Unbe[fuc*kin]lievable.

I'm starting to look forward to reading your threads on this forum...'Mr Angry':D

I generally agree with you, btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

+1
    Usually the person in the wrong will also give a two fingers salute in the mirror

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Cycle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

i tend to walk..everywhere. beat the buses every time..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Sherifu wrote: »
    Cycle.

No thanks, i'm not suicidal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Sherifu wrote: »
    Cycle.

That would only work if everyone else cycled too. Cycling makes you even more vulnerable to other people's shítty driving habits and therefore puts you in even more of a murderous rage. At least in my case anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭fago

I've cycled to work for 6 years here in Galway with only 2 incidents.

One with a truck which I had to jump off the bike for, and one with another cyclist which was a genuine accident.

Funnily enough the accident with the other cyclist was the worst.

The benefits outweigh the risks as far as I'm concerned. It does however take a while to know the best/safest routes through the roundabouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Dunno what you're all complaining about - I've had the quietest week ever coming through Galway - hardly any traffic around 8 am in the morning travelling in, then it's ALL coming the other way on my way home from Barna to Tuam in the evenings. Happy days :D!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Yesterday down by the docks some woman was driving down the wrong way of a 1 way street. Dont know how she did it tho, she must of really wanted to go down that road!

Down buy the AIB on eyre square, turn the corner and just passed the pedestrian crossing the 1st road on the right (WRONG WAY, NO ENTRY). She was making her way down there with a fully fogged up windscreen looking like she (and her friend) hadnt a clue.

She either was comming from eyre square and did that, or she was comming from the docks and somehow made it back up through the busy traffic the whole way going the wrong way and down that road.

Yesterday down by the docks some woman was driving down the wrong way of a 1 way street. Dont know how she did it tho, she must of really wanted to go down that road!

Down buy the AIB on eyre square, turn the corner and just passed the pedestrian crossing the 1st road on the right (WRONG WAY, NO ENTRY). She was making her way down there with a fully fogged up windscreen looking like she (and her friend) hadnt a clue.

She either was comming from eyre square and did that, or she was comming from the docks and somehow made it back up through the busy traffic the whole way going the wrong way and down that road.

bit*h.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 iphone newbie

bit*h.

Ah yes, a complete bitch alright, not a bad driver, she's a bitch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

Get a powerful horn. My jeep has a good loud one, and it regularly makes the idiots jump.

Ah yes, a complete bitch alright, not a bad driver, she's a bitch

Yes exactly.

wet-paint wrote: »
    Get a powerful horn. My jeep has a good loud one, and it regularly makes the idiots jump.

Mine sounds fairly aggressive but a louder more aggressive one would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Dagon

Leaving work later, and was considering going to do some shopping, but after this post... maybe I'll just have some rice cakes for dinner :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

I bet you're an amazing driver.

grasshopa wrote: »
    I bet you're an amazing driver.

I am actually a good driver and have always had an aptitude for things like that but come on man.....I don't "not indicate" or force myself onto roundabouts - that's not really about being a good driver or not anyway - it's just plain stupidity and ignorance no matter what way you look at it.

Advertisement