Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Suggestions for a Theatre/Venue for Boards Drama Group

• 31-07-2008 2:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭

So the Boards Drama Group has taken off (see link http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1089
    and we are looking for somewhere to hold our first performance in a couple of weeks, or well, months then. Ideally around the end of October in Dublin city centre somewhere. I've tried Bewleys theatre but they have stopped doing evening shows. Has anyone got any suggestions for holding our first/soon to be legendary one act play anywhere around Dublin.
    Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Missyu

Try the Teachers club - the name of the space is T36 coz it 36 parnell sq

Also smock alley - run by gaiety school of acting

The New Theatre - essex st in temple bar.

They can be difficult spaces to get so I'd also recommend approaching the M50 set - Dundrum, Dun Laoire & Tallaght. Blanch is closed for renovation as far as I know...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Doozie

Cheers, much obliged

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Project Arts Centre, Temple Bar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Doozie

An awful lot of these venues, temple bar etc involve vast amounts of cash, insurance etc that I'm not sure our ickle group can rise to just yet. Brightsparks is indeed a brightspark for his/her suggestion. Cheers

• Advertisement
Advertisement