Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone buy a ticket for the Lotto Millionaire Raffle? [m-m-merged]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Tigger wrote: »
    Where's the smily face so we know you're joking...? :(

i don't do smiley faces

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

i don't do smiley faces
    That's cold man.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

i don't do smiley faces

what kind of heartless fiend are you? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

bought 5 or 6 tickets. Can't remember now, all I know is the odds of me winning one of the prizes is just under 100/1. So I thought it was worth a punt.

How can the draw be made in 10 minutes, if they have to pull out 532 numbers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭matchthis

Wonder what happens if the winning ticket/s are not claimed. It can't rollover like the lotto.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

How can the draw be made in 10 minutes, if they have to pull out 532 numbers?

They hired Kali to do it for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Are they doing it again?

Didn't get a ticket on time.

regular heartless fiend i rekon

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

lol gambling

• Advertisement

oeb wrote: »
    1,000,000 euro is the equivilant to earning 35k a year for 28 years (with enough for a decent car left over).

I know plenty of people that support a family on that. Not to mention the intrest would be handy on that.

If you did not run out like a muppet throwing money around you could live off it fine.

No way could pay a mortgage and feed, cloth and school a family on that money.

35k provides a take home of €540 a week.
    sure you could

you'd get 7% if you invested it with any real thought; 7% of a million is 70k in hand thats 40k to live off and 30k to re-invest each year to stay ahead of inflation whats a nice car? are we talking 6 figures here? if so then what he acually means is if i wanted to live life as a millionare i'd have to keep working but to maintain my current lifstyle a million clear would be enuff

Where can you get 7% on that sort of money?

Rabodirect are one of the higest interest rates at 5% and that's only on the first 10k.

It's 3% on the balance.

zuutroy wrote: »
    lol gambling

its not gambling its a tax on stupid peopple

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

This tickled my funny bone more than the combined works of Pighead. I don't know why.

kraggy wrote: »
    No way could pay a mortgage and feed, cloth and school a family on that money.

35k provides a take home of €540 a week.

Where can you get 7% on that sort of money?

Rabodirect are one of the higest interest rates at 5% and that's only on the first 10k.

It's 3% on the balance.

its different when you invest rather than stick on deposit
    5% is inflation 7% is to be expected

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Rockforest

The idea has been lifted from the US www.illinoislottery.com/Raffle/index.htm where this near exact format has been used.

I'd bet they'll do it again. It's easy money (EUR3million in prizes but EUR6million taken in) and the punter has roughly 550/1 chance of winning, so a prize seems somewhat attainable compared with Lotto / Euromillions odds.

its different when you invest rather than stick on deposit
    5% is inflation 7% is to be expected

I was citing the deposit as an example as it's the safest form of investment.

Where can you get a guaranteed 7% return?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

alright, just checking you weren't one of those illegal immigant ones

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Rockforest

humanji wrote: »
    They hired Kali to do it for them.
    I've heard they plan to draw out the first 10 tickets or so - so ticket 1 will win 1million, ticket 2 will win 1 million, tickets 3-7 inclusive win 100k etc.

The rest will be posted online and checkable through the scanners in store.

kraggy wrote: »
    I was citing the deposit as an example as it's the safest form of investment.

Where can you get a guaranteed 7% return?

on investments of that size 7% over a portfolio is not special

but really its not about links so i'll say if you have 100k to invest i'll be happy to help ypu out

over the last 10- yearts gold would have given a nice return i'd probably recoment 15-20% in gold

since you are fond of deposit mabey 40% on deposit @7%

http://www.sterlingcapital.eu/doc_downloads_euro.htm?gclid=CO2Irtrqq5UCFQWL1Qodwm1rjQ

i personally would put €100,000 in a 5.5% deposit in the us as its sure to recover against the euro in the next 5 years

and the rest i would keep onn deposit here to vulture purchase commercial properties when they bottom out in about 12-18 months

or you could by a nice car and pay off the mortgage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Relevant

That is a sterling deposit rate. Cost of money is higher in UK and as such higher deposit rates. Also what sort of 2 bit company are they. What sort of rating have they. You wouldn't get more that 4.5% on €1. With inflation of say 3% that means a 1.5% real return per annum!

On a more AH note....

Definitely couldn't stop working on €1m. A house is €500k at least and then you have to eat and live! And once you are broke you'd be a bum who hadn't worked in 20 years Who'd employ you then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,487 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Relevant wrote: »
    And once you are broke you'd be a bum who hadn't worked in 20 years Who'd employ you then?

The Government or at worst, become a Boards moderator :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Captain Ginger

oeb wrote: »
    1,000,000 euro is the equivilant to earning 35k a year for 28 years (with enough for a decent car left over).

I know plenty of people that support a family on that. Not to mention the intrest would be handy on that.

If you did not run out like a muppet throwing money around you could live off it fine.
    +1

My family lived off a bit less than that for a few years (family of 4) and we survived fine.

People are getting greedy these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Those people who say that money can't by happiness are deluded.

QFT :D:D

Having said that, you could very easily live off a million, but you'd be better off keeping your job anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Yearning4Stormy

€1mil me ar$e.

To fund a seven-series beemer so that you could be feel better than everyone else? Damn optional extras - like indicators - are what kill ya though. Or that irritating knocking noise from the offisde wheels... oh, wait, that's you on the white lines, up my ar$e, waiting for a mimimal gap to overtake :D

I'd be happy if I could pay off the noose around my neck (mortgage) and not have to do a job that I despise more and more every day. Lotto+1 jackpot'd be enough, ta very much.

Sorry for the rant, bad, long, irritating journey home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Fcuking Fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭TheTubes

balls.
    i didnt win.
    1 million winner in tralee and the raffle in tralee, what are the odds... :rolleyes:

anyone else having trouble geting to lotto.ie? seems to be hanging.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭goose06

I cannot believe that someone in Tralee won one of the million euros, what a disgrace. How can they think that we'll believe that it wasn't rigged. Is there some sort of ombudsman for the lotto, kmpg obvioulsy did not do their job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 matt_byrne_III

yeah seems a bit funny that on Rose of Tralee night the winner ticket is from Tralee post office and the photo was taken during the day ? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2 murrayabdn

well surprise surprise, in the week of the Rose of Tralee, the draw taking place in Tralee, and guess what, the winner is from Tralee. Call me an old cynic???????????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭TheTubes

lotto.ie -
    Server is too busy

Should have done some load tests when they got thir fancy new website :rolleyes:

Advertisement