Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

*** Viking Executive Leather Chair €30 (plus VAT & delivery) *** Offer extended ***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭krpc

At checkout it appears that the item is €29.99 ex VAT and delivery - with both the sum is €42.34 or perhaps OP meant that VAT and delivery were extra. Either way, good deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

Out of stock :(

But they will honour the price if it is ordered today...

Thanks OP, two ordered :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Qwerty? wrote: »
    Out of stock :(

And they tell you this after you register with them :mad:

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Didn't get there in time, but got it backordered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

At checkout it appears that the item is €29.99 ex VAT and delivery - with both the sum is €42.34 or perhaps OP meant that VAT and delivery were extra. Either way, good deal.

Yes the OP meant €30 (plus VAT and delivery) as stated in the thread title. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭The_Chopper

What are these chairs worth?

Whatever someone else will pay for them! (I'd say at least €2 anyways!) :D

What are these chairs worth?

The regular list price has them for €149.99.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

This "offer" comes up quite regularly. So much so, that I'm begining to wonder if maybe they only leave the chairs at the "RRP price of €149", long enough to be able to reduce the price and call it a sale.

I bought one in college, along with a housemate of mine. Mine broke after about 2-3 months of use. Granted I was neither light nor a correct posture kinda guy, but I believe the housemates chair also broke a few weeks after mine. And he certainly wasnt heavy ;)

Basically, buyer beware. Good price for what it is, but I'd be pretty careful with it :p

I was just kidding before. I'm sorry for your trouble with these chairs Ivan, but I think your experience is in the minority. Loads of people on Boards have ordered these and most have been very pleased, (you can do a quick search for previous threads). Are you sure you're talking about the Berlin? You might have bought the Malaga. I think that's not as sturdy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Fnz

Pretty happy with my Berlin. I wish the back was a little higher though - the area that looks like it should be jutting out for head support actually juts out into the upper back (spine) area.

Solid for the price though - €28 ish when I bought it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭fatboymsport

I have 2 on back order how long should it take for the stock to come in ???

I have 2 on back order how long should it take for the stock to come in ???

I called them and was advised that stock would be available for dispatch on Tuesday.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I got one a few months ago, but only got around to assembling it a week ago. I think it's pretty good, much better seating position than the one Viking used to sell before this one on special offers (looked the same, only back was higher with poor back support).

It'll be hard finding similar at that price.

Looks like this is still on offer today (1st. August): http://www.vikingdirect.ie/catalog/catalogSku.do?pr=Q81&id=978405

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 110 ✭✭Dogre

Viking Direct are still accepting orders at €29.99 + vat & delivery, on a backorder basis. I have just placed an order for one.

I placed an order, says "backordered" then it says total charge €0.

Is this what everyone is getting or should I reorder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

jayteecork wrote: »
    I placed an order, says "backordered" then it says total charge €0.

Is this what everyone is getting or should I reorder?

That's what mine says..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 685 ✭✭✭luketitz

Nice price, I paid nearly double for a ****ter chair!

Anyone hear anything from Viking?

I heard backorders would be processed today but no change in my online order status.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭corkproducers

Ivan wrote: »
    I bought one in college, along with a housemate of mine. Mine broke after about 2-3 months of use. Granted I was neither light nor a correct posture kinda guy, but I believe the housemates chair also broke a few weeks after mine. And he certainly wasnt heavy ;)

Basically, buyer beware. Good price for what it is, but I'd be pretty careful with it :p

Heres the other thread with lots and lots of feedback for anyone interested:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055130195&highlight=berlin

You're the first person on this forum to say something bad about it i think, are you positive its not the malaga you're talking about like the previous poster asked? Its only rarely the berlin has a price this low so you maybe confusing it with the malaga price wise.

Personally i think you cannot get a better deal on a chair like this anywhere else.

its cheap, but strong and sturdy and comfy too, something youd expect to pay over 100 euro for.

I honestly couldnt see how anyone could break such a chair, unless they can bend/snap chrome! :p

There was a similar chair in argos for 100+ before it was reduced by 40 in the last sale, but theyre extremely flimsy and anyone that owned the 2 always favoured the berlin by far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Website now says "Item no longer available":eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

any ideas when this will happen again pm me please

This offer has expired now but I can't change the thread title. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

Anyone hear anything from Viking?

I heard backorders would be processed today but no change in my online order status.

No change on my online order staus either, they still say backordered, but Online Support have just told me they left yesterday, so they will arrive today.:D

Thanks OP

Mine arrived.
    Nearly have the f ucker assembled and all.

Says on the invoice delivery is free as I'm a new customer or summat.
    Handy.

EditL assembled the thing, came out well, but couldn't get the height adjuster thing underneath working at all.

Will try again later.
    m_IMAG0039.jpg

The height adjustment works by raising yourself slightly up off the chair and pushing the lever under the chair up towards the seat of the chair. The chair will raise itself, sit back on the chair to adjust it to suit you, by repeatedly pushing the lever.

The same lever also operates the tilt. It works by pulling the lever underneath the chair out (i.e. towards the wall) that unlocks the chair enabling you to tilt backwards. Leaning forward in the chair and pushing the lever in (ie. towards the chair base) locks the chair so you can't tilt it backwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Just saw this chair on the same website. similar style buts its fabric instead of "leather look" and its on €15.99! seems like a pretty good deal? Has anyone got one of these an know if its decent? Also does anyone know can u set the back of these chairs straight so they don't recline? I like the back to be straight up for better back support.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭redshoulder

The original chair has sold out, there is this chair though

http://www.vikingdirect.ie/catalog/catalogSku.do?pr=QD8&id=MALAGA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭green123

this is the chair suppafly is talking about, viking call them matching side chairs

http://www.vikingdirect.ie/a/sku%2Fbusiness%2FMatching-Side-Chairs-Fabric-Blue/pr=QD8&id=EXF2757-BE/

bit confusing because in the description it says :
    " Matching side chairs not shown. Image is shown is the Classic Executive Hi Back Fabric Chair "

dont know why they dont show the actual chair ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Mine arrived.
    Nearly have the f ucker assembled and all.

Says on the invoice delivery is free as I'm a new customer or summat.
    Handy.

EditL assembled the thing, came out well, but couldn't get the height adjuster thing underneath working at all.

Will try again later.
    m_IMAG0039.jpg
    It is quite possible I'm thinking of the Malaga alright. I never knew these chairs had different names ;)

The picture is the exact same style of chair, but the armrests were made from heavy plastics. Also, this was 2-3 years ago, so again, it is quite possible it was an earlier model I had issues with.

after a night online using the chair I must say I'm very happy with the purchase. Comfortable out, and my initial fears that the wheels would be too loose on the wooden floor were dashed.

Viking still haven't debited my card either.

BTW, my old man did everything in his power to make the delivery man take the chair away. "There's no business here" etc. I had to dash out and sign for the thing! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Jr.Hero

can you buy from viking even if just resedential customer i.e just fill name in as business name etc. does vat be added to products during checkout process?

Jr.Hero wrote: »
    can you buy from viking even if just resedential customer i.e just fill name in as business name etc. does vat be added to products during checkout process?

Yeah some give some BS company name, ie: Junior Hero Ltd.
    Vat is added on.
    I also got free delivery on the chair as it was my first order.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Jr.Hero

just put my order in, anything should be an improvement on my previous chair in my room at college last year:).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

OFFER IS BACK ON TODAY!

I've been waiting for this offer to come back and its back at €29.99 now. Great priced. Ordered! Works out at around 42Euro delivered&tax.
    Yeah some give some BS company name, ie: Junior Hero Ltd.
    Vat is added on.
    I also got free delivery on the chair as it was my first order.

How did you get free delivery? It was my first order and it charged me €5 delivery.

HungryJoey wrote: »

How did you get free delivery? It was my first order and it charged me €5 delivery.

Haven't a clue.

They just gave it to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Showing up as €39.99 for me????

I'm currently resting easy on a Berlin that I bought back at the original offer a few months ago, best purchase from this forum I reckon.

bigkev49 wrote: »
    Showing up as €39.99 for me????

I'm currently resting easy on a Berlin that I bought back at the original offer a few months ago, best purchase from this forum I reckon.

Original link from the start of this thread: 29.99
    http://www.vikingdirect.ie/catalog/catalogSku.do?pr=Q81&id=978405
    Haven't a clue.

They just gave it to me.

Did it say €5 charged initially but they didn't charge the 5 euro in the end or what ? Mines still saying 5euro delivery but I heard it is free delivery first order.

It was 10 euro initially and then I wasn't charged as it was my first order.

• Advertisement

Nice one....ordered myself one finally

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭iggy82

Just ordered 2 of these myself-have to agree that it seems like an absolute bargain and €5 for delivery of the 2 of them is nothing

Just got a second one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

Do you just put in a fake name for a company like.

Megatron Ltd

and then put the address of this company as your house?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭redshoulder

Just bought one today.

Yeah I put a fake company name and the house address.

DHL come around then and you sign for it.

No probs.

Did you recieve yours already jayteecork?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭NordicDiver

anyone else think the chair smells bad ?

HungryJoey wrote: »
    Did you recieve yours already jayteecork?

Yeah.
    Scroll back a few pages you'll see my assembled model.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭interlocked

Ordered this chair on Thursday, had been delivered when I arrived home on Friday evening (actually put into shed at back of the house and a note put in the letterbox, now that's service!)

Fine chair, massive value for the price.

• Advertisement
Advertisement