Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

*** Viking Executive Leather Chair €30 (plus VAT & delivery) *** Offer extended ***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

anyone else think the chair smells bad ?

Mine..... smells.... like..... leather....:)

Arrived today quite easy to assemble. Great value. Thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Hearvee

Ordered this chair on Thursday, had been delivered when I arrived home on Friday evening (actually put into shed at back of the house and a note put in the letterbox, now that's service!)

Yup, I ordered one on Thursday as well, got a phone call on Friday before lunch to say he was going to hide it in behind the bins for me! How quick was that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Oracle wrote: »
    Yes the OP meant €30 (plus VAT and delivery) as stated in the thread title. :)
    ah you meant what you said:D i thought as much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Mine came last week also, smells really funny. It also has leather / padded armrests and I didnt realise it did. Very comfy. Best buy in a while...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Ordered mine on friday afternoon, arrived today. Assembled during the second half of Dragons Den and comfortably supporting me ever since. I've been waiting ages for this deal to come around again when I was around to take delivery. Thanks, OP!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭tubos

Offer still on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭redshoulder

Bought this a few months ago. Excellent chair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

i think i'll def spring for it this time around. have to wait till i get home though.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

It's a great chair but it does smell funny when it heats up.

I've put a towel between my rear and the chair and that helps matters.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭redshoulder

No smell off mine.
    What kind of smell?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Smells a little like nakkey delivery man, hookers and coke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Bought this a few months ago. Excellent chair.

+1

My chair smells like.... like a leather chair. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 401 ✭✭rco2000

whats the quality like please?

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

No smell off mine.
    What kind of smell?

Like hot leather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

Just ordered one there for myself, need a new chair since the last one's legs broke

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

rco2000 wrote: »
    whats the quality like please?

Top notch. Best €50 you'll spend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

I bought one a few weeks ago, it came to around €42 I think. Haven't assembled it yet, thats Santas job!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Got one of these last time they were cheap.

Best chair I've ever had, very comfortable and quite strong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Ordered one of these just over an hour ago. Thanks for the heads-up, guys!

My order says delivery is expected tomorrow but do you think that's accurate? Seeing as I ordered after 6 o' clock, would that push it onto Wednesday perhaps? Also, for anyone who's ordered one of these before, did the delivery guy ring in advance to make sure you were around to accept delivery or was it just left on your doorstep without any warning or did they shove a missed delivery note through the letterbox and took it away with them again? Just curious as I want to make sure I'm around when it's delivered, that's all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Drakar wrote: »
    Smells a little like nakkey delivery man, hookers and coke.

I'm curious to know how you know what these smell like? ;):D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

off topic a bit, but they do some very nice hampers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭paddydriver

Ordered one of these just over an hour ago. Thanks for the heads-up, guys!

My order says delivery is expected tomorrow but do you think that's accurate? Seeing as I ordered after 6 o' clock, would that push it onto Wednesday perhaps? Also, for anyone who's ordered one of these before, did the delivery guy ring in advance to make sure you were around to accept delivery or was it just left on your doorstep without any warning or did they shove a missed delivery note through the letterbox and took it away with them again? Just curious as I want to make sure I'm around when it's delivered, that's all.

Hi Aidan, we use viking for all our work stuff and I often get some stuff delivered to my house too (on account of course:D) and generally they just arrive with the delivery. Think my wife has been here any time they have called but reason we still use viking is that they are generally accomodating where possible.

FWIW I ordered two of these chairs today too;-) Going up to the attic for use on PS3:D - when I am not sat back in my Playseat playing Gran Turismo

Thanks for the reply, paddydriver. If, as you say, they generally just show up out of the blue with the chair I'll have to make sure I'm around or someone else is over the next couple of days in order to accept delivery. Really don't want to miss them and have to wait any longer than I have to! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

I ordered one yesterday around 4pm and the delivery guy came this morning at 8:30am.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

As soon as I created an account, I can no longer add the €30 chair, keep getting

The item you requested is unavailable. We suggest the following alternative.
    Niceday Rimini Leather Faced Chair Black
    €59.99 (ex. VAT) / Each

* Order the suggested alternative
    * Do not add to trolley

WTF?

When I log out, chairs add to trolley fine.

EDIT: Seems to be unavailable I think... can somebody else with an account see if they are getting the same messages?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Just tried adding it to my cart and it seems fine?

Using firefox, and went through the ad on the front page of viking direct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Epitaph

Mine arrived today, fastest I've ever received anything from ordering online. Itching to assemble it but won't be until tomorrow evening at the latest. Thanks for the heads-up, I'd been waiting months for this to drop in price again.

Just tried adding it to my cart and it seems fine?

Using firefox, and went through the ad on the front page of viking direct.

Thanks. Checking again, the item availability seems to be fluctuating between out of stock and low stock. Right now there is 1 in stock which I can add for 30E, and any more added cost 60.

Mine didn't arrive yet, despite the delivery date saying it would be today, so as I suspected I must have missed the deadline for next-day delivery and it's pushed onto tomorrow, at least. My brother was keeping an eye out for me all day but he said he didn't see any delivery vans or anything and I didn't get any phone calls from them so I doubt they called and he missed them or anything like that. Hopefully there will be some sort of development by this time tomorrow, if not I'll have to give the customer support a ring and see what the story is.

Oh, by the way, quick question for Drakar and Epitaph. Did your ones come with the leather-covered armrests that were mentioned that some people got in a previous thread on these chairs or are they just plastic as they look to be from the pictures on the website? I'm not too bothered if they are just plastic but it would be a nice little added bonus if the ones on offer this time around also happened to be leather armrest ones as well.

• Advertisement

Thanks. Checking again, the item availability seems to be fluctuating between out of stock and low stock. Right now there is 1 in stock which I can add for 30E, and any more added cost 60.

Got it sorted, 3 ordered, free shipping :)

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭djsctt

ordered yesterday lunchtime, delivered this morning , sweet :)
    Oh, by the way, quick question for Drakar and Epitaph. Did your ones come with the leather-covered armrests that were mentioned that some people got in a previous thread on these chairs or are they just plastic as they look to be from the pictures on the website? I'm not too bothered if they are just plastic but it would be a nice little added bonus if the ones on offer this time around also happened to be leather armrest ones as well.

just checked in the box and leather armrests on mine

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭joebre

Projectcollosus

I seem to be having the same problem as you had earlier.

Add 2 chairs to basket
    Go to checkout
    Basket updates and chair no longer available

Alternative is suggested at twice the price.

Has happened me twice now

How did you get sorted ?

Joe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Jimpsta

joebre wrote: »
    Projectcollosus

I seem to be having the same problem as you had earlier.

Add 2 chairs to basket
    Go to checkout
    Basket updates and chair no longer available

Alternative is suggested at twice the price.

Has happened me twice now

How did you get sorted ?

Joe

I am having same problem! I want to buy it at half the new price dammit! :)

Right now the system says none available. I can't get them (as if to purchase again) either. I was getting this message earlier. Watch the page, refresh every 10/15 minutes maybe... or hour I don't know. Hopefully later it will say "low stock" or similar. Try again then. Might help to add each chair one at a time. Good luck lads :)

djsctt wrote: »
    just checked in the box and leather armrests on mine

Cheers, djsctt! As I said before, it doesn't matter much to me either way whether the armrests are plastic or leather but having the leather ones is just a nice added little extra to an already sweet deal! :D

Can't wait to get mine now. Really hope it comes tomorrow. I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas to come at this stage! :D

Well, mine finally arrived just after 10 this morning. Put it together in less than half an hour without too much hastle (apart from one bolt which refused to thread correctly but I got it there in the end!) and I'm sitting here fully reclined in it right now, feet up on the desk and wireless keyboard on my lap as I type this! :D

Very comfy chair, plenty of cushioning and the padded leather armrests are a really nice touch. Only real niggle I have with it is that the castors don't seem to be as free-moving as the ones on my last chair and they seem to be quite noisy when you move the chair. Hopefully over time they'll free up a bit or something and the noise will lessen. Apart from that, though, I can't really fault it at all and it really was a sweet deal for just over €40. Hope everyone else enjoys theirs and much as I do! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

Ordered mine monday, arrived today

Its going to be a christmas present from the rents so i cant open it yet, but from the sounds of things ive a decent chair awaiting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

got mine today too. Ordered late on monday night and got it 9:30 wednesday morning. Very fast delivery indeed and only a fiver. Why can't komplett be this fast and cheap for delivery
    Oh, by the way, quick question for Drakar and Epitaph. Did your ones come with the leather-covered armrests

Yup mine came with that too and the rest of the arm rest is stainless steel not plastic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,721 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

suppafly wrote: »
    got mine today too. Ordered late on monday night and got it 9:30 wednesday morning. Very fast delivery indeed and only a fiver. Why can't komplett be this fast and cheap for delivery

Yup mine came with that too and the rest of the arm rest is stainless steel not plastic.

+1

very fast service, now to put the chair together.

Three arrived today, ordered late on Tuesday. Great service, I really feel like an executive :D

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Guisseppeth

Anyone care to post up approx size of package?? There will be no-one at home to take delivery when I order one (eventually) so I want to get it delivered to work. Need to know the size so I can decide if I need to drive to work or of I can just lug it home on public transport.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭redtom

Box is 59cm high by 69cm wide by 29cm deep (just after putting mine together) - Delivery guy carried it in himself, but wouldn't fancy lugging it about on public transport...

Sorry for double post, slight glitch in internet...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

No way is that box a public transport job, it's fairly heavy as well, perfect size for a car boot though. You can get 7% cash back (excluding VAT) by buying through Quidco: http://www.quidco.com/viking-direct/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Ordered one yesterday at around 3 o clock, arrived today at 4.30.
    Fastest_Delivery_Ever! Great chair too.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭dolphinius

Thanks guys. Just ordered me a nice new chair. Delivery tomorrow. Nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Guisseppeth

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭samsamson

Hopefully someone who has the chair can answer this;

Can you rest back in the chair (to fully support your back) and still be kept upright to work at the PC, or does the chair tip back into a reclining position?

So basically, is the chair quite willing to tip back or does stay upright?

The lever under the seat can be pushed in to prevent the seat going back, and then pulled out so you can lounge away...

• Advertisement
Advertisement