Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

*** Viking Executive Leather Chair €30 (plus VAT & delivery) *** Offer extended ***

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 401 ✭✭rco2000

CHEERS FOR THAT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

redtom is correct, the chair can be either locked in the upright position by pushing the liver inwards or allowed to recline by pulling it out. Also, you can adjust the recline tension by turning the knob under the chair. I have mine set at the lowest tension so it reclines pretty freely and, at the tightest tension, it takes quite a bit of backwards pressure to make it recline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Toiletroll

Thanks! - Just ordered :)

Cheap cheap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭pcolan

Ordered on Sunday, delivered today (Tuesday) - one of the best bargain alerts ever!!!

Thanks a lot, OP!!!

Edit: and free delivery too!!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Just a bump to say thanks to the op. I just bought two of these, should have them on Monday. Thanks again, Oracle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

Thanks, ordered two of these today.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭j_lennon18

Thanks for the bump AlmightyCushion!!

I order one on Friday and received it on Monday. Took 15mins to set up and i have to say iv very happy with it!! :)

Edit: I forgot to thank OP - Thanks Oracle!! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

ya nice one OP i'm still really enjoying my one. So comfy!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

j_lennon18 wrote: »
    Thanks for the bump AlmightyCushion!!

I order one on Friday and received it on Monday. Took 15mins to set up and i have to say iv very happy with it!! :)

Edit: I forgot to thank OP - Thanks Oracle!! ;)

I was full sure that when I got to the checkout they'd be all out. Delighted they weren't. they came yesterday for me (gotta love next day delivery). Must put them together later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭CH3OH

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,363 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Thanks for the heads up. Got one a couple of weeks ago, it's a great chair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

Lovely chair, 30 euro was a bargain, to be noted they say on the invoice its meant to be 149 knocked down in price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭smithslist

wat a bargain, got 2 myself....can wait for them to arrive :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

Can anyone say what these are like? Are they well cushioned and soft or is the cushion firm/hard/thin? Very, very tempted...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Both hard & soft....if you know what I mean :) Tough leather that's well padded. Buy it, you won't be disappointed. Nice solid chair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Flunked wrote: »
    Can anyone say what these are like? Are they well cushioned and soft or is the cushion firm/hard/thin? Very, very tempted...
    One I bought six months ago is currently supporting my husky physique.

Put it this way, I've paid far more in the past for less comfortable and robust office chairs. This chair is about as comfortable as you can get unless you're paying mad money for a custom made chair from the back shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

The_Edge wrote: »
    Both hard & soft....if you know what I mean :) Tough leather that's well padded. Buy it, you won't be disappointed. Nice solid chair.
    One I bought six months ago is currently supporting my husky physique.

Put it this way, I've paid far more in the past for less comfortable and robust office chairs. This chair is about as comfortable as you can get unless you're paying mad money for a custom made chair from the back shop.

Thanks for the opinions. Think I'll go with one so. Shame the cream one is priceyer, it's very smart looking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

I ordered 3 of these just after Christmas. I had 1 delivered but for some reason, I have not received any others even though I was charged for them. Does anyone have a number for customer service?3

BTW Are these in stock. If they aren't then I'll understand but if they are I'll be pissed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Can some explain why people are buying two or even three of these chairs?

Backups? Gifts?!

• Advertisement

Balls to them all.

I seen these just after new year and bought them for €40 each. Got them on monday. Checked the website on tuesday and they were down to €30 each.

Turns out they're listed twice on the website.

€30:
    http://www.vikingdirect.ie/catalog/catalogSku.do?pr=Q81&id=978405

€40:
    http://www.vikingdirect.ie/catalog/catalogSku.do?id=QD1-978405

So be very careful you don't make the same mistake i did.

Although, in saying that, for the €42 (or €55 if you're stupid, like me) its a pretty good chair. I've only had mine since monday evening, but no complaints so far.

To the poster somewhere above me: I bought two, but i have space for two, and there is often someone here with me, so that may be why people are getting more than one. Although if you have the space and like the chair, then i'd recommend getting a spare one and leaving it in the box til the day the one you're using breaks.

Also worth noting, I'm 5'10". unless your spine is afoot shorter than mine, your head sure as hell wont be nestled into the head rest. Its more a neck-rest. Your head is less like this:

bio13.jpg

and instead kinda floats over the back, like this:

173516__office_l.jpg

But its not really a problem as such, as most chairs are the same height (but from looking at the design of the chair, i think you'd expect your head to sit into the back of it)

I got one for my parents and one for myself. At this price I couldn't resist. It's a great chair. Very comfy and very sturdy. Absolute bargain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭smithslist

I got one for my Dad and one for myself. Absolute bargain.

+1

Got it delivered this-morning and just finished assembled one of them, no complaints :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Ordered one meself, we should be getting our own discount code from viking direct at this rate...how many boardsies have bought this yoke by now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Not sure how many have bought the chair, but since almost 10,000 have viewed this thread, I could've made a few grand on affiliate link fees! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 44 fulhamc

got mine the other day, super chair, agree that the back could be a bit higher

• Advertisement

Sorry to resurrect this thread - I hope no-one got too excited! I used an old link and ordered the chair at €29.99 2 days ago, received a confirmation email and my order status is 'processed' but my credit card has not been charged.

I'm getting a little bothered now. Anyone else experienced this? I'm afraid to ring and ask in case they insist on charging me the current price of €39.99 :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,936 ✭✭✭JDxtra

No, mine arrived on Tuesday, just ordered on Sunday. Great chair, and for a total of €42.50 delivered its a great bargain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Nah I'd say they're just waiting for stock to fill your order, that's probably why your card hasn't been charged yet. They're very good over the phone, you should call them to see what's going on.

Oh briliant, thanks! Would still feel better if they charged my credit card though, feel daft sitting at home waiting for something I'm not 100% will come...

Sorry Orace missed your post before replying but took your advice and rang, lovely customer service! Should be here today!! Yay!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

great chair!! Is anyone able to lock a tilted position?? I wanna have the chair sitting back slightly, i can tilt it back and forth but can't lock it in any other position other than stationary position...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭redtom

You can't lock a tilted position, about all you can do is tighten it so that it takes more and more effort to tilt it all the way back

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭j_lennon18

Maybe its not so much a bargain anymore as it is now €35 (€48.59 inc vat + del) but its still worth €48.59 so i got me another chair today for the mammy :p And if you order before 12, you can opt for same day delivery :)

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Boom Boom

They are back online €39.99 (I make it €54.66 inc VAT and Del)

Thinking of getting another one as i do find the one i have quite comfy

Advertisement