Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone fancy a spin tonight? (Thurs 31st July)

Options
  • 31-07-2008 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

It seems a nice windy wet evening for a spin :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Harpz wrote: »
    It seems a nice windy wet evening for a spin :)

Already going for a short one - 6.30 PP cross - more of a cruise to be honest :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

emty and myself were thinking of something mountain-way.

No Mountains for me - I am keeping this one local, it's my rest day cycle :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

I showed up about a minute late, must have missed you if anyone showed up.

uberwolf wrote: »
    I showed up about a minute late, must have missed you if anyone showed up.

Did you show up at the park? noone replied to the thread so it was just Tiny and me who met in the park, we waited a few minutes but noone turned up. So we went for a short easy spin from there. :pac:

• Advertisement

papal cross car park, about 6.32!

did an hour, which was grand for my second spin this week (and in last 5 years!)

uberwolf wrote: »
    papal cross car park, about 6.32!

did an hour, which was grand for my second spin this week (and in last 5 years!)

Sorry :o ... the pace was really easy tonight. I am still a bit sick from that stupid bug ...

not to panic, I was settling in for the evening, saw the thread at 18.10, flirted with my conscience and threw the gear on. Figured that no one who was showing up would be still online to see my response!

I knew I was taking a chance

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

You're all nuts. Did you look outside before leaving?

Ciaran500 wrote: »
    You're all nuts. Did you look outside before leaving?

We had no rain at all.

And come on, if we had to wait for the weather to clear up to do anything in this country ...

Wind is annoying but it's great resistance training :) and a cycle under the rain makes you appreciate a nice cup of tea much more.

• Advertisement

You were lucky if you had no rain! I did a long 35k around city and suburbs trying to register for a triathlon (Mrs Tiny was on duty), trying on wetsuits, etc. and got properly drenched. May be on for a quick one tomorrow and then I presume we are all heading out Saturday?

blorg wrote: »
    I did a long 35k around city and suburbs trying to register for a triathlon (Mrs Tiny was on duty), trying on wetsuits, etc. and got properly drenched.

That's perfect Triathlon training!!
    I presume we are all heading out Saturday?

Hell yeah!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

We had no rain at all.

Except for between yours and mine... I got thoroughly soaked!

@Blorg -Mrs Tiny said she saw you, but was disappointed you were taking part, not volunteering to help out!

@Blorg -Mrs Tiny said she saw you, but was disappointed you were taking part, not volunteering to help out!

Do you seriously think Blorg could sit and watch people cycling without wanting to join in? You'd have to chain him to a tree ... but that could end up in 'the Incredible Blorg' where he turns green, break his chains and hop on the first he sees ...

Well I raised more money for a good cause this way, that's how I'm seeing it! Mrs Tiny was saying how much she appreciates Mr Tiny volunteering to get up out of bed early to help on Sunday too ;) Right!?

I'll be on for a bit of a cycle after it if any of the boardsie cyclist volunteers are heading out BTW.

I'll be on for a bit of a cycle after it if any of the boardsie cyclist volunteers are heading out BTW.

MMMmmm You mean a sunday spin? I am in :)

MMMmmm You mean a sunday spin? I am in :)
    Yes, definately- only catch is the spin would have to start after the triathlon finishes :D

Advertisement