Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Renewing a licence

Options
  • 31-07-2008 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to call into a motor tax office with the appropriate documentation and photos and get a replacement licence there and then !

Licence is current but defaced ( Washed a few time and now unreadable) and I need it for holidays shortly. Motor tax website says up to 28 days by post !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,975 ✭✭✭✭listermint

No they will not issue there and then, but may hurry it through if you explain your circumstance.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Mr.Diagnostic

I have done it twice. On both occasions I called back and collected it the next day. Last time I was told to bring proof of foreign car hire booking when I collected it and they actually did ask to see it. This was in Naas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭lynchie

Yup.. have gotten a replacement overnight before by showing proof of travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,319 ✭✭✭✭Esel

You might be lucky, based on the above posters' experience. I know they usually insist on posting it out, to have some sort of verification of the address - even if it's your mother's address.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

dak wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if it is possible to call into a motor tax office with the appropriate documentation and photos and get a replacement licence there and then !

Licence is current but defaced ( Washed a few time and now unreadable) and I need it for holidays shortly. Motor tax website says up to 28 days by post !
    I needed mine in 4 days for a driving test and i rang ahead and told them i couldnt make it and my girlfriend went and they gave it to her! We told them i needed it tho. That was in the Ballymun tax office

• Advertisement
Advertisement