Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Wheel tracking Castlebar, or thereabouts

Options
  • 31-07-2008 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭

hi all.

im travelling to castlebar saturday for the weekend, and since the car pulls to the left all the time on a straight line, im wondering if anyone knows where i could the wheels tracked/balanced in castlebar or close by on saturday? please dont say main dealers where its going to cost tons to get that done.

thanks for all the feedback

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭MAYOMICK

Togher Tyres Breaffy Rd Castlebar should be able to do it for you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

thanks, are they open on a saturday, any chance ud have a number for them?will suss them out

• Registered Users Posts: 23,362 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Yes togher tyres is a decent spot however, depending on what car you have, sometimes independants get it so wrong its amazing. Certainly if you have late model audi/vw with multilink front suspension, the independants havent a clue how to fully do the wheel alignment. These cars require that the front alignment is checked with the car fully sitting on all four wheels and then an additional check with the front suspension raised a specific amount (raised toe check). So care is needed.
    Also if its pulling strongly, You may have more problems than alignment

it is pulling somewhat more than id like it to. its a 99 bmw e36, so should not be that complicated to align id say...

guess will try and find them on goldenpages and give them a ring tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 23,362 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Is it making a mess of the tyres?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

mickdw wrote: »
    Yes togher tyres is a decent spot however, depending on what car you have, sometimes independants get it so wrong its amazing. Certainly if you have late model audi/vw with multilink front suspension, the independants havent a clue how to fully do the wheel alignment. These cars require that the front alignment is checked with the car fully sitting on all four wheels and then an additional check with the front suspension raised a specific amount (raised toe check). So care is needed.
    Also if its pulling strongly, You may have more problems than alignment

I got Toghers to do my car about a year ago. It wasn't pulling left or right before being done, I just thought the rears were towing in a bit. It was pulling to the left afterwards.

Take the advice above and bring it to your dealer. Better spend twice as much (if it is), and have it right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Audioslaven

If you are passing through Ballinrobe there is a garage out the castlebar road on the left hand side that align wheels etc 50 euro I think

mickdw wrote: »
    Is it making a mess of the tyres?

no not yet, they are still nearly new, put in before i bought it. id rather not risk getting them into a mess.

id rather my car go in a straight line when i hold the wheel straight, and not aim for a poor passer by. who knows what kind of stink that could lift up in these days.

seriously though, my issue is that i wouldnt be able to get to a main dealer to get it done:
    1. im only free on saturdays.
    2. id rather not spend 155 euros on tracking/wheel alignment
    3. its an old bmw, of course its going to cost way more than that.
    4. since ill be in castlebar the whole day, ill get it done early and go back to them if its messed up.

hows that sound?

Advertisement