Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ronaldo to tell fergie he going

• 31-07-2008 2:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭

what do ye think? i say fergie should stick him on the bench for the year and teach him a lesson for being a spoiled brat. im not a utd. fan, but i think he should'nt be allowed to move for the sake of the rest of the game. if he does it they'l all kick up when they want to move.

Cristiano Ronaldo has reportedy sent a message to Real Madrid to promise that he will tell Manchester United his transfer to Spain is "non-negotiable".

According to Spanish newspaper AS, Ronaldo's exact message to Madrid was as follows: "It's OK. Next week, I'll fix everything. I'll go to Manchester and tell them my only desire is to play for Real Madrid and that the decision is non-negotiable."

Sir Alex Ferguson has publicly stated Ronaldo will not be leaving United but he could be put in a very difficult position if Ronaldo returns to Manchester demanding a transfer.

AS claims Ronaldo's agent Jorge Mendes was under strict instructions to tell Real his client remains determined to join them.

Reports suggest next Tuesday is the day that Ronaldo will return and confront Ferguson.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Isn't there already a thread about this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

gustavo wrote: »
    Isn't there already a thread about this?

not on the first page and tbh im not bothered going fishing for one when i can just say what i have to say on a new thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

AS, wouldn't believe that tripe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,444 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Well, if the story is true, there'll like be a resolution to this issue by the end of next week. One way or the other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Yawn- the spanish rags trying to flog some cheap trollop

• Advertisement

so he wont be going. if he keeps causing a scene over it though he should be benched. i guess if he is sold what of it. i mean he's a great player but very hard to admire. IMO the premeirship wont miss him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭TripleAce

stevoman wrote: »
    what do ye think? i say fergie should stick him on the bench for the year and teach him a lesson for being a spoiled brat. im not a utd. fan, but i think he should'nt be allowed to move for the sake of the rest of the game. if he does it they'l all kick up when they want to move.

This will never happen as it is not good business.

The player wants to go, he has won everything he had to win in Man Utd, now he has nothing to prove anymore in England. He wants to move to Madrid and enjoy the sun, get loads of money and play for the most prestigious team in the world (although I don’t like them)….what’s wrong about that? He is 23, and he needs to do this now, no point in waiting longer.
    Just let the guy go, take the money, and move on.

so he wont be going. if he keeps causing a scene over it though he should be benched. i guess if he is sold what of it. i mean he's a great player but very hard to admire. IMO the premeirship wont miss him.

hard to admire, harder to replace. that will be a problem for united.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Jesus not another Ronaldo thread :eek:

This has already been raised in the Utd thread, do we really need to give this a thread of its own :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

yes imo this should have its own thread.

ronaldo once is treating the fans with complete disdain. If i was a Utd fan i'd want him sold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Cristiano Ronaldo looks set to stay at Manchester United after arranging for two giant whirlpool hot tubs to be installed in his house in Cheshire. (Daily Star)

PMSL

Mr Alan wrote: »

ronaldo once is treating the fans with complete disdain. If i was a Utd fan i'd want him sold.
    I'm torn over it, tbh. I'm very annoyed by the way he has behaved, but i also feel that United could kiss goodbye to any silverware chances next season if he is sold - there is no one available at the right price (and willing to come) that would make up for his loss.

I'd lean towards seling him, cause otherwise we're selling out (ship has long since sailed, but, meh)

TripleAce wrote: »

The player wants to go, he has won everything he had to win in Man Utd, now he has nothing to prove anymore in England. He wants to move to Madrid and enjoy the sun, get loads of money and play for the most prestigious team in the world (although I don’t like them)….what’s wrong about that? He is 23, and he needs to do this now, no point in waiting longer.

very true

again very true, he seems a real mai feiner. lets not forget how he treats his teamates too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

Correct and right Mr. Alan.

I am a United fan , and I want him out of the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,310 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

If i was a United fan *shudder* i would want rid of him. I mean he is so arrogrant and needs taken down a peg or two.

Is he going for a new career as a ladyboy in this picture :p

TripleAce wrote: »

Just let the guy go, take the money, and move on.

You seem to have taken up most United fans wrong in this situation.

If Ronaldo had come out before the EC and said he wanted to move, he had won all he could and wanted to test himself somewhere else, I'd have been disappointed but i would have understood and wished him well.

He, however, did not do this. He dicked the United fans around for 2 months, lied to us ("I stay, I stay") and disrespected the club and everyone affiliated with it. THAT is what has angered so many people. THAT is what is wrong.

If i was a United fan *shudder* i would want rid of him. I mean he is so arrogrant and needs taken down a peg or two.

Is he going for a new career as a ladyboy in this picture :p

photshopped. Ronnie's legs are not that thin.

pvt.joker wrote: »

New addition to my sig i think.

you realise by the way, your sig doesnt really make sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

I wouldn't sell him now at this stage, too close to start of season, I don't think theres many players in the market at the minute I'd be happy to get, who could we honestly realisticly get at this stage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

the sheer arrogance and lack of respect he is showing to utd and the fans makes me want him out! brilliant player, one of (if not the) best player(s) in the world, but as a person he is a self centred egotistical prick!

• Advertisement

Tauren wrote: »
    photshopped. Ronnie's legs are not that thin.

that pic was in a lot of yesterdays papers, at least a similar pic of him wearing the same outrageous clothes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭gixerfixer

Not a Man U fan but if i where i would be disgusted if he went.Unreplaceable (Messi aside) and a huge blow to them if he goes :)

OH, the guy wears some very feminine stuff, but i saw that pic a good while ago at this point. I believe it to be photoshopped. though done very well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

This particular story sounds like Grade A horseshit to me.

the whole "to late to get a replacement" thing doesnt really wash tbh.

There is not a player in the world who can replace Ronaldo with the form he has been in the last 18mths. if he was sold on the first day the window opened their wouldnt be a player who could replace him.

undeniably the best (most effective) player in the world atm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Christ he's brown

You never replace a player like for like - but Ronaldo would have to be replaced. We'd need a winger to take his position, and we'd also need a goalscorer. He WOULD have to be replaced, just not like for like.

the whole "to late to get a replacement" thing doesnt really wash tbh.

There is not a player in the world who can replace Ronaldo with the form he has been in the last 18mths. if he was sold on the first day the window opened their wouldnt be a player who could replace him.

undeniably the best (most effective) player in the world atm

Yeah, I don't think you'd find a single player to replace him, more like two or three.

New addition to my sig i think.

you realise by the way, your sig doesnt really make sense?

How so ? :D

It is pointing out , via your own post, with a little help from me :D, that Liverpool fans are bitter.

• Advertisement

CHD supports Chelsea afaik.

CHD supports Chelsea afaik.

He sure does, and he got me banned from here, so I decided to stick a choice quote from him in my sig for a while :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

He sure does, and he got me banned from here, so I decided to stick a choice quote from him in my sig for a while :)

Got yourself banned;)

looking forward to you quickly removing it come May... :pac::pac::pac:

Yeah, I don't think you'd find a single player to replace him, more like two or three.

messi - thats all i have to say

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Cause ManYoo will sign him :rolleyes:

I mean replace the amount of goals / assists...hmmm, do I sense a "Messi is better than Ronaldo", er, "debate" coming on... :p

• Advertisement

CHD wrote: »
    Got yourself banned;)

looking forward to you quickly removing it come May... :pac::pac::pac:

Look forward to you being able to spell "they're" correctly by May :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Madrid have played so many Utd fans like puppets its adorable.

Average Fan 1: Oh my god that Ronaldo is some piece of ****, I hate him.
    Average Fan 2: Yeh what a *****
    Average Fan 1: Lets get rid of him, knock him down a peg
    Average Fan 2: Yeh, lets punish him by giving him his dream move, that'll teach him!

Madrid 1 Average Fans -100

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭heyjude

When did Messi score 40+ goals in a season ?

In fact, has Messi ever played a full season for Barce without missing periods through injury

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I hope to god Ferguson just tells him to **** off. I despise the lad and this only entrenches my hate for him. He signed a mammoth contract maybe a year or two ago, not sure exactly, and he should be taught to pay for his mistake. Anyway, any Man Utd fan would be mad to want him out, the whole team revolves around him and it's not as if he'll detract in value in a year

I'm a United fan and I've wanted him sold since he compared himself to a slave. This just heightens my desire to sell him. I do question its validity mind you. However I wont be happy unless we:

A) get large amounts of money for him and

B) find REPLACEMENTS (you wont get one player to replace him) for him. Both are necessary before the season starts if he's sold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

very true, he seems a real mai feiner. lets not forget how he treats his teamates too

Hold on, what the **** is this? Where is that coming from?

If he treated his team-mates badly he wouldnt have already had 4 of them come out and say they want him at United, expect him to stay and say they have no hard feelings at all.

If he treated his teammates badly he wouldnt have won United's Players Player of the Year.

10 mins on MUTV last season you could see how much the players love him. The United player of the year awards are enough to show that he has a great rapppor with his teammates due to the banter live on TV.

You could be talking about his on the pitch persona. If thats the case, if he wasnt who he is, United finish 3rd. Dont think his teammates dont appreciate his 42 goals.

PHB wrote: »
    Madrid have played so many Utd fans like puppets its adorable.

Average Fan 1: Oh my god that Ronaldo is some piece of ****, I hate him.
    Average Fan 2: Yeh what a *****
    Average Fan 1: Lets get rid of him, knock him down a peg
    Average Fan 2: Yeh, lets punish him by giving him his dream move, that'll teach him!

Madrid 1 Average Fans -100

Hmmm i don't want to "punish" him, good luck to him, but I want him gone. The only I want him gone because I don't want players there who don't want to be there. Look how sulky Berbatov got last year, he wasnt at his best. Nobody can argue with a straight face that they cant possibly imagine Ronaldo being capable of having a sulk. That kind of thing is a distraction and could be a distracting factor on the rest of the team. Constant speculation is unsettling.

Ideally we hang onto him for 1-2 more years, until SAF leaves, he has more trailblazer seasons like he had this year, then he goes all Ronaldinho and gets distracted but not before we sell him for an extortionate amount of money!! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

10 mins on MUTV last season you could see how much the players love him. .....
    10 mins on MUTV tonight, or over the last 8 weeks and this sorry mess would have gone to bed.

Messi would not sign for Manu.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Hobart wrote: »
    10 mins on MUTV tonight, or over the last 8 weeks and this sorry mess would have gone to bed.

Messi would not sign for Manu.

Maybe. But he wouldnt be saying anything he hasnt said already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,710 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Yawn.

He will be back banging them in again next season, "the same we hate him because he disrespects or great club" muppets will be jumping around the place if he knocks in a hatrick against the Scouse or gets a last minute winner against Chelsea or the Arse.

United have treated players badly in the past, it swings both ways. He is a young footballer which usually translates that he has the IQ of some dust, he has been flip flopping a bit with the media blowing it up and at times just printing lies, it's not like he molested one of Fergusons horses. He may be a fúckíng twat in "real life" but he is the 42 goal twat I want to see in my United side next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Ronaldo's a selfish knob who doesn't give a toss about the club or the fans.

If he goes, good riddance I say.

I can't understand why some fans are defending this self-centred clown when he doesn't have any respect. Sell the twat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

I am a United fan , and I want him out of the club.
    +1 and if it is still at my club next time I travel over for a match, I refuse to cheer him and will not be afraid to boo him :mad::mad:

He is a disgrace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Booing players in the colours of your own club is a disgrace and a sign of idiocy.

How do you think it would affect the other players?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Des wrote: »
    Booing players in the colours of your own club is a disgrace and a sign of idiocy.

How do you think it would affect the other players?

Ronaldo's behaviour has been a disgrace and a sign of idiocy. How has that affected the other players?

I think there are exceptional circumstances when booing your own players is justifiable. I'd respect Newcastle fans if they booed that thug Barton for instance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,710 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Ronaldo's behaviour has been a disgrace and a sign of idiocy. How has that affected the other players?

At least 5 have came out already and said there is no problem and they are looking forward to the new season with him.
    I think there are exceptional circumstances when booing your own players is justifiable. I'd respect Newcastle fans if they booed that thug Barton for instance.

Nice comparison, Ronaldo and Barton. :rolleyes: Fans booing their own players is retarded, whatever the circumstances.

• Advertisement
Advertisement