Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ronaldo to tell fergie he going

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Boggles wrote: »
    At least 5 have came out already and said there is no problem and they are looking forward to the new season with him.

Course they did. If they said otherwise they'd get a bollocking.
    Boggles wrote:
    Nice comparison, Ronaldo and Barton. :rolleyes: Fans booing their own players is retarded, whatever the circumstances.

It wasn't a comparison it was an analogy.

Fans sticking up for someone who doesn't give a toss about them is retarded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Fans sticking up for someone who doesn't give a toss about them is retarded.

Who is sticking up for Ronaldo here?

It is totally wrong for a United supporter to boo Ronaldo if he is playing for United.

I'm NOT saying go and sing Viva Ronaldo, He Plays On The Rii-ii-iight or anything like that.

Just sing nothing, clap politely if he scores.

Of course, if he scores enough times, all of this will be quickly forgotten.

Oh, and yes. I'm sure all the other players "give a toss" about the fans. How naive are you?

Des wrote: »
    Who is sticking up for Ronaldo here?

That wasn't directed at yourself.
    Des wrote:
    It is totally wrong for a United supporter to boo Ronaldo if he is playing for United.

I'm NOT saying go and sing Viva Ronaldo, He Plays On The Rii-ii-iight or anything like that.

Just sing nothing, clap politely if he scores.

Of course, if he scores enough times, all of this will be quickly forgotten.

I disagree. I feel if you insulted and disrespected your club or country then you deserve stick. Being a supporter does not mean being a sheep.
    Des wrote:
    Oh, and yes. I'm sure all the other players "give a toss" about the fans. How naive are you?

It's not naive to expect a player to go about business the right away. You didn't see Robbie Keane whine and moan like a bitch to leave Spurs.

+1 and if it is still at my club next time I travel over for a match, I refuse to cheer him and will not be afraid to boo him :mad::mad:

He is a disgrace

:mad::mad::mad:

No.

I wont cheer for him but you'll be f.ucked if u ever find me booing anoybody in the United jersey at a United match. No way. Once he's on the pitch he has to be supported as he is representing our team. The team is bigger than anything else and ispriority number one and ALL fans should get behind the team. Silence says as much to him without demoralising the team. OT should NEVER become a place where we boo our players. If he comes back in the white or Madrid then throw pigs heads at him but while he plays for United I won't boo him.

For all the ones who think they've uncovered the meaning oflife by saying "the same idiots who say they hate him will cheer his goals" I say this.....Of course we'll celebrate if he scores goals for us. Thats because Manchester United > Cristiano Ronaldo and him being there wouldnt make me want to see Man United lose no matter how much of a twat Ronaldo has been. United could sign 11 Ashley Coles and Id still want United to win. Thats a very very weak argument that people are making. Think of the words to "We'll Never Die"..... support United......NO MATTER WHAT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,917 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Amazing that this had all died down, and then we suddenly get a 4+ page thread when AS make up another story.

Might as well start debating the stories in the national enquirer.

He might or might not go, but does anyone here actually believe half the cr*p that's been coming from the Madrid side?

On the other hand, it means that Madrid are having to keep their eye off other transfer targets in order to fund a potential Ronaldo signing.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

yea as much as i think he's been really disrespectful to your fans I wouldn't boo him to be honest I reckon he enjoys the pantomime villain thing anyway so just nothing him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

astrofool wrote: »
    Amazing that this had all died down, and then we suddenly get a 4+ page thread when AS make up another story.

I thought it was Marca who make stuff up? Now its AS as well?:rolleyes:

I'm not sure if Ronaldo will leave tbh.

But i find it hilariously sad when Utd fans try and fool themselves into thinking Ronaldo isn't letting these snippets into the public domain and that its just all being made up.

So being made up so far is;

-Countless stories in Marca.

-Interview with a Brazilian sports website which was never denied by ronaldo or Utd.

-Interview with Guilliem Ballague which was never denied by Utd or Ronaldo.

-Quotes from Ronaldo in AS which have not been denied by Utd or Marca.

I expect Utds legal department will be busy boys this summer!

In fact Utd have not denied ANY of these stories, all they've done is report Real to FIFA for tapping up and say they wont be selling him. Never said, "Ronaldo hasnt been saying all the things attributed to him", and likewise, Ronaldo has not said he didnt say them either.

When Tevez was recently misquoted in the Spanish media about the situation, how long did it take for Utd to come out and rubbish the quotes? 12 hours? less?

Ferguson himself has actually commented, when asked about Ronaldo, about how young players can have their heads turned by money but that utd is the best place for Ronaldo.

Ronaldo himself on SSN coming out of the operation commented and said "you know wat i said, and you know wat i want" after the "made up" interviews and stories in Marca, the Brazilian website and Guilliem Ballague

To fool yourself into thinking anything other than that is so sad tbh.

Say that you dont think Utd will sell him, that SAF wont back down etc, but dont pretend that he isnt saying these things.

Mr Alan wrote: »

Great post there Al.

Best way to sum this up is, Ronaldo COULD have killed all of this in a short 30 second interview saying that he doesnt want to move, he's happy at united and tyhats the end of it. Instead he's dragged it on and on and on and on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,710 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

But i find it hilariously sad when Utd fans try and fool themselves into thinking Ronaldo isn't letting these snippets into the public domain and that its just all being made up.

-Interview with a Brazilian sports website which was never denied by ronaldo or Utd.

In fact Utd have not denied ANY of these stories, all they've done is report Real to FIFA for tapping up and say they wont be selling him. Never said, "Ronaldo hasnt been saying all the things attributed to him", and likewise, Ronaldo has not said he didnt say them either.

When Tevez was recently misquoted in the Spanish media about the situation, how long did it take for Utd to come out and rubbish the quotes? 12 hours? less?

Ferguson himself has actually commented, when asked about Ronaldo, about how young players can have their heads turned by money but that utd is the best place for Ronaldo.

Ronaldo himself on SSN coming out of the operation commented and said "you know wat i said, and you know wat i want" after the "made up" interviews and stories in Marca, the Brazilian website and Guilliem Ballague

Say that you dont think Utd will sell him, that SAF wont back down etc, but dont pretend that he isnt saying these things.

Great detective work Al. ;)

I think people are forgetting one huge factor here - Alex Ferguson. He has been around the block a few times lads, I think he knows what is the right thing to do for the club, and has never all summer even looked the slighest bit bothered, sure didn't he turn to all the gutter journalist the other day in the press conference and call them all liars.

Opposing fans like Mr. Alan above love to stir the Ronaldo pot to unsettle naive fans, why? Because they know how good Ronaldo is and how important he is to the best club side in the world.

It's a stinking mix of fear and jealousy. Enough with the Ronaldo threads, they got tiresome a long time ago. The season starts again in a couple of weeks, Ferguson has 2 trophies to defend which could turn out to be the best squad of players he has ever had, great great times ahead for the red side of Manchester. IMO.

• Advertisement

I think people are forgetting one huge factor here - Alex Ferguson.

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

At least get this right...that'S SIR Alex Ferguson.

Boggles wrote:
    Opposing fans like Mr. Alan above love to stir the Ronaldo pot to unsettle naive fans, why? Because they know how good Ronaldo is and how important he is to the best club side in the world.

:rolleyes:

Red cafe, LOADS of ST holders post there, very highly regarded fansite, it has an 18000 post (and counting) thread about Ronaldo. A large percentage of those fans are anti Ronaldo. Are they all "naive" too? :rolleyes:

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

At least get this right...that'S SIR Alex Ferguson.

Okay your Majesty :rolleyes:

Red cafe, LOADS of ST holders post there, very highly regarded fansite, it has an 18000 post thread about Ronaldo. Are they all "naive" too? :rolleyes:

Yes.

They and you should stop acting like shocked women.

Okay your Majesty :rolleyes:

Yes.

What a quality post. Very informative and descriptive, well done! You really put your point accross well ;)

Boggles just because people don;t share the same opinion with you doesnt mean theyre all naive. Im sorry to be the one to break this to you but the world doesnt revolve around you. There is such a thing as differing opinions.

The Ronaldo issue is so divisive that it has United fans torn on it. Now when that many people are split on an issue I think its condescending to say the others are naive.

They and you should stop acting like shocked women.

I'd rather act like a shocked woman than a whipped man ;)

Boggles just because people don;t share the same opinion with you doesnt mean theyre all naive. Im sorry to be the one to break this to you but the world doesnt revolve around you. There is such a thing as differing opinions.

Stop posting like a bloody hormonal teenager, no need to get personal.
    The Ronaldo issue is so divisive that it has United fans torn on it. Now when that many people are split on an issue I think its condescending to say the others are naive.

I gave my opinion, he stays or goes it is no big deal life goes on, so does United, it's you that are constantly arguing the point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

I really hope Ronaldo leaves United so for once and for all people realise how vastly over-rated he is. If United sold him for £40M and bought Berbatov and someone for £15M on the wing to replace him they'd be in a much better position.

He may have scored 40 goals last year, but United as a team scored less goals than in the year before in the PL and CL because every single attacking player worked their nuts off so he could have a free reign. Tevez and Rooney both under-scored because they just did all his donkey work. He scored his first goal in his four years at United against Liverpool last year, and his first against Chelsea too I think. What a record!

If Berbatov were playing for a team like United as the main striker with someone like Rooney or Tevez behind him, not to mention their midfield, he'd be bagging 30 league goals no problem. And they all wouldn't be penalties or hatricks against Wigan and the likes.

Ronaldo is a fantastic player, far from one of the best in Europe but still excellent. Far far better players have been allowed to leave United and they've always come back.

I really hope Ronaldo leaves United so for once and for all people realise how vastly over-rated he is. If United sold him for £40M and bought Berbatov and someone for £15M on the wing to replace him they'd be in a much better position.

There just off back to back league wins and Champions league winners, what is this better position you talk about.?

Some people on here are talking like they are a club in crisis, it really is quite baffling!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

There just off back to back league wins and Champions league winners, what is this better position you talk about.?

Some people on here are talking like they are a club in crisis, it really is quite baffling!
    That is a nonsense point. In that case, why would they sign anyone? They just won these trophies?!

I'll put it simply

Berbatov & a £15M right winger > Ronaldo

Much, much greater. And that is assuming just a £40M price tag. They could easily get more. Ronaldo is still so far from the finished article, I find it hard to believe that he will probably be the most expensive player in the world ever shortly.

I feel sorry for the numerous REAL champions who carry his side that some of their own fans still think their success is solely down to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Boo him all you want Mr.Nice Guy. He laughs it off and scores goals, there is a reason we have seen this:

ronaldoshutupvsarsenalqg1.gif
    SO many times.

Boo's = Goals. Proven fact with Ronaldo. You would be doing the club a service. Everybody wins.

This thread is something else though, United fans tearing each other apart. If some of the lads didnt care about Ronaldo as much as they claim to, you'd think it wouldnt get so heated? Just chill and let Fergie sort him out.

Booing your own players is pathetic though. I agree with Neil i would get behind Eboue if he played for United. AND I HATE EBOUE. i nearly got banned for how much i hate him.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Boo him all you want Mr.Nice Guy. He laughs it off and scores goals, there is a reason we have seen this:

ronaldoshutupvsarsenalqg1.gif
    SO many times.

Boo's = Goals. Proven fact with Ronaldo. You would be doing the club a service. Everybody wins.

This thread is something else though, United fans tearing each other apart. If some of the lads didnt care about Ronaldo as much as they claim to, you'd think it wouldnt get so heated? Just chill and let Fergie sort him out.

I'm not sure it's that he laughs off the boos or rather he can't hear them because his head is so far up his own backside.

The reason United fans are tearing each other apart is because some of us are disgusted at the contempt he's shown SAF, the fans and the club itself whereas others go to great lengths to stick up for him when he has been saying he wants to leave and is being treated like a slave.

This whole sorry episode has been an embarrassment.

That is a nonsense point. In that case, why would they sign anyone? They just won these trophies?!

I'll put it simply

Which 15m winger? How about Ronaldo and Berbatov next season, that seems to be Fergusons plan, sounds very good to me.
    Ronaldo is still so far from the finished article, I find it hard to believe that he will probably be the most expensive player in the world ever shortly.

From what I have seen the past 2 season he is not far from it.
    I feel sorry for the numerous REAL champions who carry his side that some of their own fans still think their success is solely down to him.

What fans think success is solely down to one player? Absoutely nonsense. He played a huge part, that is the fact.

I'm not sure it's that he laughs off the boos or rather he can't hear them because his head is so far up his own backside.

The reason United fans are tearing each other apart is because some of us are disgusted at the contempt he's shown SAF, the fans and the club itself whereas others go to great lengths to stick up for him when he has been saying he wants to leave and is being treated like a slave.

A similar embarrasement happened in 2006 aswell. We recovered. We always do.

Whatever anybody says, an internet forum wont change someone's opinion. We will just have to see what happens. He could have an injury plagued season with this dogey ankle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

You are probably right. However, Berbatov can be got without selling Ronaldo, leaving us with Berbatov and Ronaldo, which is better than both.
    There is no good footballing reason to sell him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

I think that you have hit the nail on the head. I have posted on this board that Ronaldo would be off his head to leave Manu, I think most football fans can see that.

So the whole "jealousy" thing being bandied by some Manu fans here and elsewhere is a bit childish, and totally naive tbh. It's not a school yard ffs.

He would be mad to join Real at this stage of his career.

However, he has allowed this whole thing to spiral out of control. And it has been him. You can say all you want about "transfer requests", and "it's all been the press" but seriously, does nobody believe that if he had not so publically courted RM, that this would have died a death weeks ago?

He has treated the team and the fans with utter contempt, and some of his public utterings, have been beyond embarressing. The whole "slave" thing for example, while you would expect from a decrepit fool like Blatter, to hear Ronaldo "endorse" these comments, is cringeing tbh, and must leave most genuine Manu fans squirming in their collective seats.

As a Liverpool fan, I hope he stays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,444 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=105098

Confidants of Manchester United winger Cristiano Ronaldo have rubbished quotes attributed to him in the Spanish press over a planned confrontation with manager Sir Alex Ferguson.

Ronaldo, who has been on holiday in America recovering from ankle surgery, is back in Lisbon amid claims that he told Portuguese reporters: "Next week I will return to England and tell them my only desire is to play for Real (Madrid) and I will not negotiate."

But the player's advisers moved into damage limitation mode and insisted that no such interview had taken place, says the Daily Mail.

Keep rollin' rollin' rollin' rollin', keep rollin' rollin' rollin' rollin'.....

must leave most genuine Manu fans squirming in their collective seats.

It's only a problem if you care about the type of person you have playing for you. Its a long time since we've had that option in professional footballers, all that really matters is on the pitch.

I do have one significant worry though is that Ronaldo will regress as a player because Fergie will have less of a hold over him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭gixerfixer

Nobody dislikes Ronaldo the person more than me but anyone who says the lad is'nt that great a player or isnt all he's made out to be in the press (ie: one of the best in the world) is plain mad.He will be a huge huge loss to Man U when he eventually goes.As a Pool fan couldnt care less about how he treats the club but if i where a Man U fan i would be livid.The disrespect is astounding TBH.

While i dislike the way Ronaldo has acted with regards a potential move to Real, I know people who have met Ronaldo on nights out in Manchester and they say he could not be any nicer as a person. From everything I have read he is also very much into his family. Doesn't seem like such a bad person in 'real' life, away from football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

PHB wrote: »
    It's only a problem if you care about the type of person you have playing for you. Its a long time since we've had that option in professional footballers, all that really matters is on the pitch.

I do have one significant worry though is that Ronaldo will regress as a player because Fergie will have less of a hold over him.

Well said - the only thing I am concerned about us how he performs next season. All teams have/had players that are not nice individuals.

Players are a lot more mercenary these days and its good to see clubs like Utd and Villa staning up to their players.

That said I think he is milking this as much as he can and loves the publicity, I don't actually think he really wants to leave.

gixerfixer wrote: »
    But anyone who says the lad is'nt that great a player or isnt all he's made out to be in the press (ie: one of the best in the world) is plain mad.

so every manager in the world who have voted him 3rd in the last player of the year trophy are wrong (he will probably win this year)

So you don't like him but you can't knock he is the beat player in the world at the moment, mots pool fans even admit this.

kida wrote: »
    so every manager in the world who have voted him 3rd in the last player of the year trophy are wrong (he will probably win this year)

ONE OF THE BEST.

Being in the top 3 is certainly ONE OF THE BEST

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Does this mean that United fans can hate him too?

• Advertisement

Tauren wrote: »
    ONE OF THE BEST.

Being in the top 3 is certainly ONE OF THE BEST

thats the point I was making to him

kida wrote: »
    thats the point I was making to him

that doesn't make sense then.

He said anyone who says he isn't one of the best in the world is mad, how does your point contradict that?

that doesn't make sense then.

He said anyone who says he isn't one of the best in the world is mad, how does your point contradict that?
    misread him - thought he was saying he wasn't :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭patmac

jank wrote: »
    Does this mean that United fans can hate him too?

No way if he stays and scores another 30 goals and leads us to quintruple, he will be God like, but if he leaves he will naturally be the biggest wanker on the planet and take the pressure of Ince, and I am a United fan.

While i dislike the way Ronaldo has acted with regards a potential move to Real, I know people who have met Ronaldo on nights out in Manchester and they say he could not be any nicer as a person. From everything I have read he is also very much into his family. Doesn't seem like such a bad person in 'real' life, away from football.

He spent the entire summer of 2005 out in Indonesia helping Tsunami survivors to move wreckage. He didnt bring a television camera, only his own digital camera. He brought his phone aswell, and one kid who he became friends with, he bought a phone for him so they could keep in touch and also brought the kid to Manchester to see a few matches in Old Trafford.

On the pitch he is a total prat sometimes, and while i love that, i know damn well, if he played for a different team i would hate him. From reading his book you can tell he is a well grounded person. But nobody would read his book unless they like him, so i can see how so many people would think he is arrogant all the time.

Im not trying to excuse his summer antics, which while i am not swirling a pitch fork and forcing him out, im a bit upset he didnt put an end to this after Euro 2008 like he said he would.

Does the fact that he didnt tell us what he is doing make me hate him? No.
    If i asked for an autograph and he told me to go **** myself, yeah i wouldnt be happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

Your preaching to the converted here Mr. Alan. Most United fans are disgusted by his actions.

The thing that gets me most is that this summer should have been about us gloriously basking in the aftermath of a magnificent league and cup double, but instead its turned into the Ronaldo show. Really pi**es me off that we've waited 9 years to win the cup again, and its been overshadowed by this cretin.
    I won't boo him, no, because that would be imbecilic. He is representing the club and wearing the jersey so he will not be booed by me. I won't however, no matter what anyone on here says, be singing Viva ronaldo, or he plays on the left, when Im over at OT next season.
    Great post mr.alan (not allowed to be used in your sig ;))

But it's only part of the problem, surely?

What about the potential unsettling affect on the rest of the squad?
    What about the affect on the fans?
    What about the affect on revenue for the club?
    There are numerous ways that this has an affect on the club. Ignoring that fact that he wants to leave, or that he has a lot of unsavoury personal traits, has really very little got to do with it tbh.

The most ardent supporter has to admit that this has been a embarrassing distraction for the club, irrespective of what they think of Ronaldo.

Personally, I don't give two hoots about the guy, but, and I said the same about Heinze, I would not want a player on my team who did not want to be there, and it's obvious to the most blind of fans, that Ronaldo does not want to be at Manu.

Hobart wrote: »
    1.What about the potential unsettling affect on the rest of the squad?
    2.What about the affect on the fans?
    3.What about the affect on revenue for the club?
    4.There are numerous ways that this has an affect on the club. Ignoring that fact that he wants to leave, or that he has a lot of unsavoury personal traits, has really very little got to do with it tbh.

1. Wont be a problem.

2. Definatley a problem. Im going over for a match in September. I would have no problem singing Viva Ronaldo, exept a fear for my health. This will cause a definate divide. One which i think will pass, but not right away.

3. IF he goes, we get money in, but we lose a global brand. CR7 would be bigger than the R10 and R9 brands.

4. Not sure what you mean, i honestly dont think he would stay if he didnt want to be there. He may still leave, we will only know who he wants to play for on September 1st.

What about the potential unsettling affect on the rest of the squad?

They are all the same as him pretty much, and the ones who are not have come to accept lots of footballers are like this. Don't think it'll have much of an affect.
    What about the affect on the fans?

Why do fans matter? The only thing I can think is perhaps in terms of singing. Most people in Old Trafford will be singing Viva Ronaldo after his first goal. He won't get sung in away matches I'd wager, as away fans are, well, ya know. But United have plenty of other songs so I think we'll be ok. Sure the Hargreaves song has yet to get a proper hearing after only being come up with a week or two before the end of the season.
    What about the affect on revenue for the club?

What effect?
    The most ardent supporter has to admit that this has been a embarrassing distraction for the club, irrespective of what they think of Ronaldo.

Distraction perhaps. I doubt its effected Fergie too much to be honest, hes always pretty stoic about these things. Most professionals don't take that much heed in what Marca print.
    I would not want a player on my team who did not want to be there, and it's obvious to the most blind of fans, that Ronaldo does not want to be at Manu.

Screw that. Ronaldo should stay at United until United are finished with him. We will use him and then discard him when we feel like [at least over the next 4 years]. I don't care if a player doesn't want to be there once his performances on the pitch remain at a high enough level. Ronaldo's ego is a bit of a double edged sword here, because although it created the move, it also ensures that he will play to the best of his ability.

• Advertisement

They are all the same as him pretty much, and the ones who are not have come to accept lots of footballers are like this. Don't think it'll have much of an affect.
    Bit of a wide sweeping statement tbh, I would not compare the likes of Scholes with him, then again, you seem to know better.

Why do fans matter? The only thing I can think is perhaps in terms of singing. Most people in Old Trafford will be singing Viva Ronaldo after his first goal. He won't get sung in away matches I'd wager, as away fans are, well, ya know. But United have plenty of other songs so I think we'll be ok. Sure the Hargreaves song has yet to get a proper hearing after only being come up with a week or two before the end of the season.
    Why do fans matter? I think the fact that you have to ask that speaks volumes.

Any player who I have seen interviewed after a game, has had praise for the fans. Why do teams win more home games than away ones? Is it the grass?

What effect?
    I would suspect that his Jersey is the highest selling one at OT, along with all the other merchandise. From what I have seen here, and elsewhere, 90% of the fans are totally disaffected with him. That will have a huge affect directly on the sales of his merchandise, hence the affect on revenue. I think I might give the Manu fans a bit more credit for their integrity, than you seem to do. If you think that the fans will be blindly packing out the shop at OT for CR7 jerseys at the start of the new season, I think you may be in for a shock.

Distraction perhaps. I doubt its effected Fergie too much to be honest, hes always pretty stoic about these things. Most professionals don't take that much heed in what Marca print.
    I was not talking about Marca tbh. It looks like he has played not only Fergie, but the fans and the club like a fiddle over the summer. As one fan has said here, ye should have been basking in the glory of the double over the summer, instead of been constantly talking about this crap. It has had a distracting affect on both the club and the fans, with every player being asked the same question over and over. But the again, the fans don't really matter, do they?

Screw that. Ronaldo should stay at United until United are finished with him. We will use him and then discard him when we feel like [at least over the next 4 years]. I don't care if a player doesn't want to be there once his performances on the pitch remain at a high enough level. Ronaldo's ego is a bit of a double edged sword here, because although it created the move, it also ensures that he will play to the best of his ability.
    Well that's were me and you differ, I guess. I actually think that this will bring out the worst in Ronaldo (and we have all seen that) and that if he is here in 2 seasons time, I will eat my trilby. I honestly hope he stays, and the "Real" ronaldo will be on display next season.

He had a fantastic season last year, hats off to him, but imo, he should be sold off to the highest bidder, as he simple does not want to be there.

Ive havent seen those words come out of his mouth. Untill i do i wont believe it. Its not clear to everyone he wants to go, its clear to Sky Sports and to Marca, but Fergie is convinced he is happy, ill side with Fergie on this one.

If he wants Real, he will go. If he stays, it will be his choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Hobart wrote: »
    Well that's were me and you differ, I guess. I actually think that this will bring out the worst in Ronaldo (and we have all seen that) and that if he is here in 2 seasons time, I will eat my trilby. I honestly hope he stays, and the "Real" ronaldo will be on display next season.

Beautiful punnage

Ive havent seen those words come out of his mouth. Untill i do i wont believe it. Its not clear to everyone he wants to go, its clear to Sky Sports and to Marca, but Fergie is convinced he is happy, ill side with Fergie on this one.

If he wants Real, he will go. If he stays, it will be his choice.

This is the delusion i was talking about.

Ronaldo, through his own lips after leaving the clinic live on television said that everyone knows wat he said and wat he wants (after the Guilliem Ballague interview)

Sky Sports, Marca, AS (who are Marcas rival afaik), Guilliem Ballague, as well as the Brazilian website he gave the interview to all have quoted him extensively as saying he wants to leave.

In fact, i cant think of an interview he has done since the Euros where he didnt say he wanted to leave (the portugal press conferences aside)

Not one of these quotes has been denied by him/his agent/or anyone at Manchester Utd.

Tevez was misquoted in the Spanish press the other day and within hours Utd had rubbished the quotes and SAF had blasted them for misquoting him.

Ronaldo definately wants to leave, this is not even up for debate, to say anything else is just delusional I'm afraid.

If he stays its cause Utd will refuse to sell, not because he wants to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Well then why hasn't he said he doesn't want to go?

The chap is a disrespectful goon and if I was a United fan I would never, ever sing his name at Old Trafford again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

just a thought... how would people react if the roles were reversed? If Ronaldo was at Real pleading for a move to United? We all know Fergie is as (in)famous at tapping up as Real, and while he is going about it totally the wrong way, its fairly obvious Ronaldo is dying to move to Real.

If the show were on the other foot, would United fans (me included) be moaning about how Real are treating him like a slave etc etc.

Would be interesting to see how this is being viewed on Real/ Spanish forums...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Owen Hargreaves springs to mind.

This is the delusion i was talking about.

Ronaldo, through his own lips after leaving the clinic live on television said that everyone knows wat he said and wat he wants (after the Guilliem Ballague interview)

Delusion, is that another word for not watching Sky Sports? I didnt see an interview from outside a clinic. Can you find it and link me please?

Delusion, is that another word for not watching Sky Sports? I didnt see an interview from outside a clinic. Can you find it and link me please?

if Ronaldo gave an interview saying that he was staying at Utd and loved the fans-where do you think it would be reported? would you refuse to believe it because it was carried on Sky Sports News? or is it just negative stories you refuse to believe?

cant find the interview from outside the clinic at the moment cause I'm in work.

but there aint much point me putting it up, i have no doubt you'll just write it off as SSN news making up their own subtitles.

It was the same interview where he said that he agreed with everything Sepp Blatter said after Blatter said that Utd should let him go to Real.

No i wont. If Sky show an Interview with Ronaldo talking, its real. I will listen.

If Sky show a phone with an unknown journo in Brazil, im thinking... No. Who the **** are Terra?

I dont think Sky are ****, but they do show alot of **** that turns out to be false. I would like to see this interview, if as you say it's Ronaldo himself.

as i said, cant find the interview in work but it was all over SSN for days, here's a bit of wat he said;

In an interview broadcast by TVI, the Portuguese television channel, tonight, Ronaldo said he wholeheartedly backed Blatter's remarks.

“You know what I said, what I want [to move to Madrid] and what I would like," Ronaldo said. "Let’s see, I agree completely with the president of Fifa [regarding the slavery comments]. Now I have to wait and see, but I do not know where I will begin the season.”

Also you are slating the Terra site, why hasnt anyone from Utd or Ronaldo camps denied the story?

Also are you also slating Guillhiem Ballague?

Utd fans claimed that it was Reals paper, Marca that was stirring all this.

Now their rival paper, AS, is quoting him in an interview asking for the move.

Either everyone is lying,risking massive law suits, or you are wrong.

• Advertisement
Advertisement