Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ronaldo to tell fergie he going

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I hate to pull a Wenger on that interview but "I didnt see it." If that is what he said then that is dissappointing. If he really wants to go, then he will, and i will be hurt.

However if he stays, then all those websites were wrong.

We just have to wait and see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    However if he stays, then all those websites were wrong

No.

The websites/interviews have just said he wants to go.

United dont have to, and probably wont let him go.

Doesn't change the he still wants to.

He has told the world enough times this summer he wants to. You closing you eyes, hands over your ears saying "LALALALALALA this isnt happening LALALALLA" doesnt change that mate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Mr Alan wrote: »
    He has told the world enough times this summer he wants to. You closing you eyes, hands over your ears saying "LALALALALALA this isnt happening LALALALLA" doesnt change that mate.
    Im not doing that.

Oh i know he is going to Madrid, he said that in his book he wants to play there, numerous interviews over the years "Is my dream", i know he is not going Gary Neville stylee. Im just not 100% convinced its right now. You are. Ive no problem with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    If he really wants to go, then he will, and i will be hurt.
    The damage has already been done and I (and I'm sure I'm not alone) have been hurt already by his complete and utter lack of respect for the club and the fans.

Also, if he wants to go so badly, why doesn't he hand in a transfer request? (AFAIK he hasn't) I'll tell you why, because he would lose money. He's too much of a clever **** to do that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

The damage has already been done and I (and I'm sure I'm not alone) have been hurt already by his complete and utter lack of respect for the club and the fans.

Also, if he wants to go so badly, why doesn't he hand in a transfer request? (AFAIK he hasn't) I'll tell you why, because he would lose money. He's too much of a clever **** to do that

Exactly...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,710 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Over and out til next year I suppose.
    Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has stated that the transfer saga involving Cristiano Ronaldo is "closed" and the winger will remain at the club.

The Portugal international is under contract at Old Trafford until 2012 but has been publicly courted by Spanish giants Real Madrid and the player appeared to be keen on a move.

Ferguson though insists that Ronaldo, who underwent ankle surgery earlier this summer and is not expected to return to action until October, will stay at Old Trafford.

He said on Sky Sports News: "The matter is closed now. He (Ronaldo) is a Manchester United player - it's finished. He'll be playing here next season believe me. It's finished."

Real Madrid president Ramon Calderon has also hinted their pursuit of Ronaldo may now be brought to an end after he revealed new arrival Rafael van der Vaart is their only likely purchase this summer.

"Rafael van der Vaart is the first and possibly the only signing of the summer for Real Madrid," Calderon said.

"We believe that this squad is full of quality, of plenty of talent. It's a team which is a great family, very close.

"We said that the new arrivals would be few but of great quality. That seemed logical after two successful seasons in which we've brought in 19 young, promising players.

"This (the low number of signings) was a request of the board of directors."

Van der Vaart himself was asked to comment on the possible arrival of United star Ronaldo, but was reluctant to respond.

"Ronaldo is a fantastic player, one of the best in the world," he added.

"If he came it would be great, of course. But out of respect I can't say anything more about this matter."

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_3936899,00.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,098 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Boggles wrote: »

I believe MON said something similar last week. That could well be the case, but y'know, never say never ;)

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    I believe MON said something similar last week. That could well be the case, but y'know, never say never ;)

Why has Barry moved somewhere?

Why has Barry moved somewhere?

heh, you really are a confrontational chap!

The above story is Ferguson saying the saga is over.

I commented that MON said a similar thing last week so never say never.

Now, i'm sure you've read the papers and seen the interviews over the past week - does it look like the barry saga was done and dusted last wednesday?

heh, you really are a confrontational chap!

It was a joke no confrontation ment, I should have stuck in one of those smilies. :pac::D;):):p:):o:eek::cool::confused:
    The above story is Ferguson saying the saga is over.

I commented that MON said a similar thing last week so never say never.

Now, i'm sure you've read the papers and seen the interviews over the past week - does it look like that barry saga was done and dusted last wednesday?

I was more focusing on the quote from madrid.

• Advertisement

Madrid wrote:
    "Rafael van der Vaart is the first and possibly the only signing of the summer for Real Madrid," Calderon said.

"If he came it would be great, of course. But out of respect I can't say anything more about this matter." - VDV

doesn't sound totally final...

just sayin, i think this story will sell a few papers yet regardless of the eventual outcome.

doesn't sound totally final...

just sayin, i think this story will sell a few papers yet regardless of the eventual outcome.

Honestly I wouldn't say VDV has a clue what is happening with regards Ronaldo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

I love the way Calderon is a cast iron bull sh*t merchant all summer to Manu fans, until he comes out and "appears" to say that VDV is the last signing of the summer. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,444 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Hobart wrote: »
    I love the way Calderon is a cast iron bull sh*t merchant all summer to Manu fans, until he comes out and "appears" to say that VDV is the last signing of the summer. :rolleyes:
    I love the way you generalise based on the posts of one poster. Nicely done.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

I have been ignoring all this Ronaldo crap. Life tilts me. Is it over?

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

CHD wrote: »
    I have been ignoring all this Ronaldo crap. Life tilts me. Is it over?
    I hear you. To be honest I haven't been following it, but he left tomorrow I doubt I'd shed a tear...

I would celebrate and enjoy watching his career fail.Leaving the european champions for a better club.......right, not the cleverest is he.Probably better off not reading the hype anyway theres as much chance of him going today as there is by the end of August no matter whats said by Man Utd or Madrid.

Time to go back to overlooking these threads.

Hobart wrote: »

Couldn't tell you one thing Calderon said all summer as I didn't read any of his crap, I assume none of them involved as much back tracking as above.

Ferguson said he will be here this season, enough for me TBH.

[/LEFT]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,917 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

So Calderon is pursuing Ronaldo all summer, saying things such as a contract being approved, and expects him to sign within days, and now has had to climb down and says he expects to make no more signings.

Can anyone with the IQ above a cucumber on this board see the difference between what he was doing when he thought he could push a transfer through, and then having to save face afterward?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

I am joining the club of fans who wants Ronaldo leave

I am joining the club of fans who wants Ronaldo leave
    Chelsea?

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

i'm not sticking up for Caledron in the slightest here, but the quotes from him that i read, he simply said that "its possible we will make no more signings"

hardly definative.

No,Red Star Belgrade:D

No,Red Star Belgrade:D
    Who?

:pac: :pac:

Who?

:pac: :pac:

:mad::mad::mad:

You said who? WHo???

• Advertisement

:mad::mad::mad:

You said who? WHo???

I thought they were kinda renamed FK Crvena zvezda due to the communist connotations of Red Star

Tauren wrote: »
    I thought they were kinda renamed FK Crvena zvezda due to the communist connotations of Red Star

Renamed?? Mate, Crvena Zvezda means Red Star in serbian:)

I know - but they were always called Red Star in England, but I though i had heard they were to be called FK Crvena zvezda from now on as the club did not want to be refered to as Red Star.

Tauren wrote: »
    I know - but they were always called Red Star in England, but I though i had heard they were to be called FK Crvena zvezda from now on as the club did not want to be refered to as Red Star.

Nah,from the beggining club name is Crvena Zvezda which means Red Star in english,i supose its used just coz its easier to say it in english than to brake tongue trying to read it in serbian,anyway there were no name changing,just same as i would call West Ham-Zapadni Cekic in serbian:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

,anyway there were no name changing,just same as i would call West Ham-Zapadni Cekic in serbian:D:D

:D

• Advertisement

Whats Hamilton Academical in Serbian?

Whats Hamilton Academical in Serbian?

Not sure whats that:confused:

Advertisement