Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Bike Auctions

Options
  • 31-07-2008 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Anyone have any idea when the next Garda Lost Stolen Bike Sale is taking place? Is there ever any good value at them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Treade

No the bikes that go on sale are of very poor quality and there are always loads of people at the auctions. People get carried away bidding and end up paying an average of €150 for bikes that are probably at best worth €70. May advice would be steer well clear. No well known brands such as Specialized ever are sold at these auctions. I suspect that the cops keep the best bikes for themselves and their kids so they don't make it to auction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Chris Peak

Treade wrote: »
    No the bikes that go on sale are of very poor quality and there are always loads of people at the auctions. People get carried away bidding and end up paying an average of €150 for bikes that are probably at best worth €70. May advice would be steer well clear. No well known brands such as Specialized ever are sold at these auctions. I suspect that the cops keep the best bikes for themselves and their kids so the don't make it to auction.

I suspect you could be right... allegedly! ;)

Advertisement