Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small Form Factor PC Challenge

Options
  • 31-07-2008 3:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Hi All,

I have been lookin into a new PC, have a few parts already but have a question/ challenge. Is it possible to build say a gaming pc using a case like Thermaltake LanBox Lite and fit a full atx PSU, about say 600W and a 4850 or even better a 4870 without it exploding in a ball of flames? Reviews have said it would fit an 8800GTX so space is not a terrible issue and it is supposed to have a faily good amount of airflow.

I'm likin the idea of a compact gaming pc that wont take up too much space and be able to look the part.

Any ideas would be great.

Regards,

DWolf

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Nothing wrong with smaller cases as long as you keep good cable management.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

I'd go with the Silverstone Sugo SG04. Having used 1 of their towers I think they're 1 of the best in terms of build quality, although you pay for what you get.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Small form factor is where its at!

Go for the ASUS P5E VM HDMI its as good as / better than most full ATX boards ;)

If you dont want to be limited to an m-ATX board the Lian Li PC-A05B is a good option, Its the smallest ATX case and its very nice :)

The lanbox cases seem good too though :)

Advertisement