Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Derry the worst city in ireland!

• 31-07-2008 3:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

My name is Michael Cody, im from Dublin, ive just spent a few years in derry it has to be the worst place in ireland because:
    1. The people have the most annoying whinging accent ive ever heard.
    2. The place is looks like its falling down.
    3 There are no decent single women in the place, they are all pregnant by the age of 18 and drawing dole.
    3. The place is extremely zenophobic and narrow minded.
    4. There are no decent bar/clubs.

5. The place has to be the most divided and sectarian city in Ireland.
    6. The place is full of scumbags.
    I could go on and on, but I did meet some good people there, mostly from ther loyalist/ protestant side of the city. Before I went up there I like many from the south rhought that I united Ireland was a good idea now im completely against it, im now of the opinion as kevin myers wrote in the irish Times that a team of JCBS should work 24 hours around the clock and dig a trench aroud the North and let the North float into the atlantic sea!
    I think that Derry people in general lack confidence about their city and have chip on their shoulder about where they are from.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

:confused: the same could be said about most cities...

i remember seeing this on another forum.
    Why are you posting it again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

i remember seeing this on another forum.
    Why are you posting it again?
    I think the women wouldn't go near him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭darsar

I am a Dub living in Derry and its safe to say Michael must be wearing some sort of human repellent. Derry people are lovely and has alot of lovely bars ( some crappy ones too i admit) but I think he is talking crap mostly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 goldenmaverick

for your info im happily married with two children, anyway derry women have to be the biggest inbred knackers on the island so i dont give a toss about the anyway... that whinging accent who could put up with it ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Typewriter

for your info im happily married with two children, anyway derry women have to be the biggest inbred knackers on the island so i dont give a toss about the anyway... that whinging accent who could put up with it ?

If you hate the place so much then move!

(Oh and if you stay living there your children will pick up the accent.):rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭TITAN #1

The only thing wrong with the original post is that xyenophobic is spelt wrong.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Worst city I've ever lived in yes, but then I've only lived in a few :D

I am currently living in springtown I am a process engineer with seagate, my wife hates the place also I am thinking of moving. What do you other people from "down south" as they keep reminding of, do for a living in Derry?

I am currently living in springtown I am a process engineer with seagate, my wife hates the place also I am thinking of moving. What do you other people from "down south" as they keep reminding of, do for a living in Derry?

All the ones I know with jobs are either in Seagate or Tesco!

• Advertisement

im at seagate limavady and my wife is from strabane i know there is a bit of rivalry between strabane and derry. im wondering how any dubs ended up here besides seagate and tesco of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

3. The place is extremely zenophobic and narrow minded.

im now of the opinion as kevin myers wrote in the irish Times that a team of JCBS should work 24 hours around the clock and dig a trench aroud the North and let the North float into the atlantic sea!
    derry women have to be the biggest inbred knackers on the island so i dont give a toss about the anyway... that whinging accent who could put up with it ?

Yeah I can see how you're open minded in comparison to them.

Every city i've ever visited has scumbags. It's part of human nature. People also react to how you treat them. Most people from derry will react in a lot more positive way than in many other cities throughout northern AND southern Ireland. I don't know where you're going. Maybe you shouldn't take your wife with you when you try to meet them. Sounds like she's the one with the chip on her shoulder.

By the way, sorry to hear you lost your job...I guess you may have to move now as you'll have no income. Or are you going to go on the dole too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭darsar

Sure I feel the same about the Dublin people if thats the case. Who could put up with the stereotypical Dub? Its no wonder the rest of the country hates Dublin.

So did you like living in Dublin? If so, thats just hypocritical as most of Dublin is full of the exact same people your on about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭geminilady

I was just wondering is there much southern people up in Derry? UU Magee is up in Derry that seems nice on the website, anyone else agree?

geminilady wrote: »
    I was just wondering is there much southern people up in Derry? UU Magee is up in Derry that seems nice on the website, anyone else agree?

They only show the pretty building on the site lol. Actually it's not that bad, much easier on the eye than the buildings at Coleraine. There's lots of people from Donegal up there, and the odd Dublin accent, but I only knew one other 'Southerner' who was from further south than Dublin in my 3 years at Magee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 yeshi

My name is Michael Cody, im from Dublin

That explains everything. As jamegg said its no wonder the rest of the country hates Dublin with such stereotypical views.
    1. The people have the most annoying whinging accent ive ever heard.

Dublin skangers come to mind here.
    2. The place is looks like its falling down.

That I agree.
    3 There are no decent single women in the place, they are all pregnant by the age of 18 and drawing dole.

Why should that be a problem when you said you are married?
    4. There are no decent bar/clubs.
    You just haven't looked hard enough.
    5. The place has to be the most divided and sectarian city in Ireland.

You've never lived in Belfast I take it?
    6. The place is full of scumbags.

As does Dublin, Belfast, Cork, Limerick etc...

I think that Derry people in general lack confidence about their city and have chip on their shoulder about where they are from.

You think wrong and that statement goes to show you have no clue about Derry people.
    What do you other people from "down south" as they keep reminding of

Ah so that's your problem. Tough being reminded of being from "down south" isnt it? Similar to Dubs saying Northys. Now who has the chip on their shoulder?

Do the city a favour and move before signing up to the dole. The last thing that city needs is another southerner taking the northys tax.

Nah I think ill just stay up here and adopt the nordy (catholic) lifestyle/attitude i.e. ill become a biggot, ill be loud and aggressive, sneaky, scam and scrounge off everybody and generally lack any class whatsoever and then after ive been rejected by the UK and other British people ill blame the "freestate" for everything..... e.g. Nell mccafferty, john hume, phil coulter and of course Martin Mcguinness.

Nah I think ill just stay up here and adopt the nordy (catholic) lifestyle/attitude i.e. ill become a biggot, ill be loud and aggressive, sneaky, scam and scrounge off everybody and generally lack any class whatsoever and then after ive been rejected by the UK and other British people ill blame the "freestate" for everything..... e.g. Nell mccafferty, john hume, phil coulter and of course Martin Mcguinness.

Sounds like you already are a biggot. But I don't think you got that from living in Derry. Sounds like you already had that son.

Maybe it's time to wake up and grow up a little.

it takes one to know one, and its also easy to take the piss...especially nordies ... they are easily wound up esp with the history they have its no wonder the rest of ireland dislikes them

It takes one to know one? You just proved my point. Grow up.

Personally I don't care if you hate Derry. I have my own opinion of the place that i'm not going to spam a public forum just to let everyone know and try to get attention. I just think it's pretty pathetic that you feel the need to seek attention on a forum by putting down the place where you live.

If you don't like Derry, move. It's very simple. You've lost your job, and you're pissed off, so go take it out on some other place. Take your wife back to Dublin or something or can't you get a job there either?

I hence forth dub Goldenmaverick ATTENTION WHORE!!

Just be careful of your response goldenmaverick because the general abuse you're giving to people of this forum is already close to earning you a ban from it.

• Advertisement

Its obvious there is a lot of hate in you iceman and frustration which doesn't surprise me being where youre from and all), go on let all the hatred out... learn to realise when you getting the piss taken out of you, its only a laugh lighten up! as for "Be careful" is this some kind of response you heard from a previous RUC interrogation you once were the victim of ? go chase yourself mate.. by the way im staying in derry... i'm enjoying taking the piss out of people like you ha ha....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

I love Derry and with the weak pound its great for us Euro users so I try and get up there every few weeks.

yes bobcar that's about all the place is good for, some cheap shopping, better to back to sligo after the shopping me thinks...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭matc66

My experience of "the north" in general is that yes it's had little investment for decades and is in good need of a spruce up but I always thought the people themselves were decent on a one to one basis.

Goldenmaverick's broad sweeping generalisations are pure attention seeking.

im only havin a laugh not attention seeking... now where is that knobend iceman... i suppose hes doin the nordie secretive sneaky act ... come out iceman...we dont bite

As stated - you've just lowered the conversation to name calling from your already general insults. So you've received an Infraction (whatever that is). I've not had to moderate anyone for such blatent idiocy in a while, so the new system is new to me.

I'm assuming this should either prove as a warning, or be the first step towards a ban. Either way (as radiohead would well put it) 'you do it to yourself...'

the only person lowering anything is you, grow up iceman get a life can't you take a joke?

Ah now this is interesting. You'll come on being loud and obnoxious, then when you're cautioned it's "I was only joking. You can't take a joke".

You're really doing yourself no favours here. When your posts were originally reported I could have come on and cautioned then, but I thought i'd leave it up to a discussion and see how it pans out. Now you've been cautioned, and if you continue to be abusive and insulting it will go further.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭kieranmcg1

This thread is brilliant . A Dublin guy telling us that Derry city is pretty much a hole. When every point you just used to describe how much you dont like it are the same points used when describing dublin in general.

• Advertisement

Actually i'm just going to close this here as I think everything that can be said has been said, other than letting this degenerate completely into a thread for slagging everyone off about their home towns.

I hope you all got what you wanted off your chests.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement