Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Accommodation in Waterford City

• 31-07-2008 4:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭

In mid October I'm travelling to a gig in Fletchers in Waterford and want to stay the night (no buses back to Dublin afterwards) and want cheap/hostel accommodation.

I'm also stopping off in Cork and Belfast and finding accommodation (or a return bus in the case of Belfast) has not been an issue but Waterford is doing my head in, so can any locals help?

Last time I did this in Waterford (~5.5 years ago) I ended up crashing in some randomers house, I'm a little older now and like my comfort/security.

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Travel Lodge on Cork Road beside McDonalds which is a short walk from middle of Waterford is about 50e a night, not a hostel mind you but not bad for your own room with a tv and shower etc

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

http://www.travelodge.ie/

Best bet if it's comfort and security you're after, I'd take the randomers over the Hostels down here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

And just in case, Rapid Express run to Dublin pretty much 24h a day now, you can get their timetable on www.jjkavanagh.ie :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

Thanks guys I'll check out the bus(GF in Ballsbridge makes this an OK solution) and the travelodge if I bus is too awkward

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

have to go with the travel lodge myself, cheap and you get security and an ok place to crash with some comforts....

• Advertisement
Advertisement