Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need a room for workshops in city centre...can anyone help?

Options
  • 31-07-2008 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

Hi Folks below is a post i put up in After hours recently and someone there advised that i'd probably have more luck info wise if i posted it here instead.
    Thanks in advance ;-)

Renting room for workshops by the hour???

Anyone know a good place to check out about renting a room for one or two hrs per week to hold workshops in? I’m having no luck with google at all…there’s obviously some equivalent of daft for this kind of thing but I can’t find anything!!

Lot’s of stuff from monthly/yearly rent etc and plenty of massive hotel conference rooms for seminars etc but I’m just looking for somewhere central that can fit about 10 chairs maybe a table or two?? Basically I want to book 10/20 hours over 10 weeks for 1 to 2 sessions a week…

This is driving me crazy can anyone point me in the right direction please??

Thanks a million!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

Lots of hotels offer syndicate rooms which cater for small numbers.

An example from Google is the Royal Dublin

http://www.bestwestern.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=66&Itemid=175

Syndicate room holds 12 people classroom-style & 25 theatre-style.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Hey Caesaru try thinking outside the box, as it were, for such numbers. Try the YMCA on Aungier st. or even say somewhere like the Barrett Cheshire House on Herbert st. I know they used to let out rooms on the top floor in the 90's for a few local social gatherings. But if you scan about charitble organizations with large rooms they can be more than accomodating and glad of the few quid.
    Try Conways pub on Parnell st. Their upstairs room is let out for hourly meetings...Dublin lesbian militia, Jews for Jesus, Scietology wavemakers and the such are usually found wandering the bar downstairs late in the evening (I did hear it'd closed, but worth a check).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Contact your local VEC school.
    Depending on what your course is in and what time of day, they might do you a deal.

Advertisement