Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving house, how is this supposed to work?

Options
  • 31-07-2008 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭

Were moving house because our current broadband on 3Mb download only synchs to 64kilobits upload and is effectively useless apart from browsing.

Anyways, is there any way to have a clean handover of broadband canceling it in one location and having it enabled it the new location without having to have 2 weeks with no broadband.

The line isint active in the new gaff, rang utv and they said to fill out a moving house form( which i did ) and to ring eircon to activate the line. Rang eircon and they said they cant activate it while the existing line on my Eircom Account Number is active, WTF? can i bluff them and say i need it active to determine if it can get broadband or something?

Cheers for any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Can you not just setup another account at the new address. Maybe UTV can port over to that but you will have to ask.

It will involve a month overlap on the bill but you shouldn't have more than a few hours downtime...

What area? You ay have other options. Much left on your UTV contract term?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

2 weeks!

Mwahahah!

You be lucky* if (A) you get it at all and (B) if less than 4 weeks.

You might get cable, dsl, LLU dsl, fibre, metro, ordinary Wireless or whatever. New choices.

(* Ok, more like throwing any number but a one or six. Lottery is much harder, so not MUCH luck needed.).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

IrishTLR wrote: »
    Can you not just setup another account at the new address. Maybe UTV can port over to that but you will have to ask.

It will involve a month overlap on the bill but you shouldn't have more than a few hours downtime...

What area? You ay have other options. Much left on your UTV contract term?
    im in mullingar, so only option is eircon, grrr, i dont mind the bill overlap, ill ring utv tomorrow and see if i can have another account, im only 6 months through my BB contract with them and i reckon there would be problems with the Eircom Account Number if i try and move my contract account to a different one, worth a try though
    watty wrote: »
    2 weeks!

Mwahahah!

You be lucky* if (A) you get it at all and (B) if less than 4 weeks.

You might get cable, dsl, LLU dsl, fibre, metro, ordinary Wireless or whatever. New choices.

(* Ok, more like throwing any number but a one or six. Lottery is much harder, so not MUCH luck needed.).
    Ohh dont get me wrong, im well aware of the problems, current gaff took 6 months to get a phoneline put it and when it was it never worked properly with SNR of 5.0 and 6.0 lmao

TBH if i move now and it blows up into a mess im just gonna give up on the BB idea, i need it for work( and used to play a lot of BF2 ) but its been nothing but a pain in the a$$ in the pas year( dozens of tech support calls, complaints ive done it all ), i prefer something not workign at all than teasing the odd time with the hope that its getting better. BB is a complete nightmare in this country, theres only so much moving i can do just to get BB that works to a reasonable extent

Advertisement