Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV - Just Upgraded to 7612kbps, but ping so so (I think)

Options
  • 31-07-2008 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭

Logged on this morning and everything seemed to be going rather quick. Checked out router and lo and behold I'm on a 7162kbps down and 672 kbps up connection :D:D

Measured on...
    speedtest.net = 6387 down and 548 up, ping of 85ms
    irishisptest.net = 6355 down and 561 up, can't see ping data (round trip 40ms)
    eircom speed test = 7262 down

UTV didn't even tell me the happy news (was on a 3000 kbps connection, in Cratloe Co.Clare (near Limerick, 061 number). :p

On my router
    ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
    Connection Speed 7616 kbps 672 kbps
    Line Attenuation 12.0 db 4.5 db
    Noise Margin 16.0 db 12.0 db

I'm using wifi (i.e. PC not hard wired to router...I know would be better off but location wise a no go). There is a dect phone and digi sender in the house...but when turn them off don't see any difference.

Soooooo....am I in trouble ping/noise attenuation/magin wise?

I ain't great on understanding these stats and I'm not seeing a whole heap of difference when connecting to web pages...

Thanks

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement