Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Party Problem

Options
  • 31-07-2008 4:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

I have my wee mans 5th birthday party on Saturday, the problem is ........the weather & how horrible it is! I have a bouncy castle on order. Do you think I should 1.Cancel 2. Just wait it out & see if the weather gets better(with hope). I have 10 kids invited & our house isnt all that big to cater for an indoor party. Id feel awful cancelling as the wee man is really looking forward to it. If we go ahead & let the caStle be delivered what games should I play to entertain if it gets too wet to go outside???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Ring teh bouncey castle company and ask them do they a trap or rain over for the top of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

yeh they do ones with covers, get the kids to bring a spare set of clothes if they get soggy, go ahead with it and we'll keep our fingers crossed the sun comes out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Maddison

They do have rain covers which keep out showers but not heavy rain, never thought about the spare clothes though. Good idea!!I am keeping every limb crossed at this stage & whispering bold words at the dark clouds. But I need some party game ideas in case if theres any suggestions Im going to do face painting myself & the wee man has a Wii which may be used in emergencies but I can see there being rows over turns(only 2 controlers / 10 kids = disaster!!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

if you have a bit of old carpet or old rugs (that you will be throwing out) to throw down in front of the castle, They are handy to stop the kids from slipping everywhere when they are coming off..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

At Mr Barbie's nephews party, as the five year old boys were going mad, we went with giant steps (remember that), pin the tail on the donkey, musical chairs, all the stuff we used to play as kids in the school yard. Also a disco can be fun, get a cheap flashy disco ball in Argos or somewhere and plenty of fun music. Moving statue's always fun. Just make sure you have plenty of small spot prizes. Once they have the change of clothes the kids on castle will be fine for showers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭oh well , okay

At my nieces party last week all the kids just brought their swimming gear with them . They all brought towels as well and were herded into the warm house every once and awhile to dry off and have a bite to eat/drink . Even though it's wet it's still been fairly warm and they all seemed to love it altogether .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭lostinnappies

Kids dont care if its raining or not, actually it might be more fun in the rain. Just ask the mothers to bring a spare set of cloths in a bag for when they come inside. Infact have a water ballon game. Fill up the water ballons and who ever can hit the target gets a prise/sweet etc. inside games Redlight, pin the tail on the donkey, pinata (or however you spell it), musical chairs. At five they should all be able to do these.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭di11on

When considering a bouncy castle for our DD's 5th birthday, I remember one website saying they didn't deliver if it was raining... might be worth checking that out.

Advertisement