Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wanted: One CD deck, just one, pref 2nd hand

• 31-07-2008 5:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭

Argh! This DJ stuff is expensive. I'm almost there, I'm pretty much one turntable away from having the whole set-up. And the turntable I have is the Gemini CDT05. It'll be a while before I can save up the €600 for its twin sister so I was thinking, meantime, I could just fork out for a reasonable cheap CD deck, just to tide me over until I can get the funds together for the CDT05.

Anyone know of anyone whos selling one, that's right, just one CD deck? Doesn't have to be a great model as I'll only need it for a few months. I just need something that runs. Ah, I'll probably end up having to buy a pair anyway because it's unlikely anyone will just sell me one. My budget is low though, no point in spending €300-€400 on a CD deck now and €600 for the one I really want a few months down the line.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

Im lookin to sell my Denon DN-S1000 its only 1 month old used very rarely reason why im selling it is beacause im using vinyl more and more so theres no need for me to have a cd deck. Would sell it for around €250 if your interested. Heres some info on it http://www.denondj.com/prodview_item.asp?pid=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

do yourself a favour and ust get cd decks.
    your vinyl habit is going to get very expensive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭PurpleBerry

Thanks guys.

Keith, the deck is going to be a present so I'll check to see if they love me that much would be willing to pay that.

Sean, I see what you're saying but I gots the Gemini CDT05 - it plays CDs. It plays vinyls too (and mp3) but as you said, that gets expensive.

These days if people aren't banging on as though Technics 1210s were the one and only turntable in the galaxy they're bending your ear about Pioneer CDJs.
    John: "You should've got the CDJs, you should've got the CDJs"
    :mad:
    Me: I like my CDT05. Piss off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

seannash wrote: »
    do yourself a favour and ust get cd decks.
    your vinyl habit is going to get very expensive

but your tunes will last and you'll buy less of them - plus if you get serato or any other digital control solution you'll have the joy and tactility of mixing the way god intended without having to muck about burning cd's

ever heard a cd start skipping in a club? makes gabber sound tame...

but your tunes will last and you'll buy less of them - plus if you get serato or any other digital control solution you'll have the joy and tactility of mixing the way god intended without having to muck about burning cd's

ever heard a cd start skipping in a club? makes gabber sound tame...
    your tunes will last?eh i think you can copy your mp3s as many times as you want.cant do that with vinyl.
    cdjs are pretty much the same as mixing"as go intended"
    my point was more avoid vinyl.if you use serato thats good because your using mp3s which are cheaper and you have access to digital only labels.

• Advertisement

I got a Gemini CDT 05 turntable, it plays MP3, CD and vinyl. My only problem is that it's on the expensive side so it'll take a while to save up for the other required turntable.

I'm looking for something second-rate to do me until I have the money saved up. I don't want to invest in a top-drawer CD deck. If the deck was one that would self-destruct in 12 weeks, that'd be fine. (I'd have the other CDT-05 by then)

But I do love a good "CDs Vs Vinyls" debate...

I don't understand the whole "Get a pair of 1210s and Serato so that you can play MP3s through the Technics" idea. Why not just get a turntable that plays MP3s and if you decide later that you want to play vinyls instead of/aswell as MP3s thenlook into your Technics 1210s. Are people panicked? Do they think they need to buy some 1210s before they go out of stock? They're 36 years old, I doubt they're going anywhere any time soon!

To each his/her own, of course. If that's what you want to do then go ahead but it's not the path for me.

if its only 12 weeks,why bother even getting a sub standard cd deck.just wait and get the one youve had your eye on.
    12 weeks isnt that long.plus if you dont buy the cd deck in the mean time it will be shorter than 12 weeks.

I do see your point, Sean. But how often to amateur DJs do stupid things because the stupid thing is cheaper and it means they can have a product straight away?

For me it's not as simple a matter as waiting 12 weeks. (I've done that) I got the turntable in April and the mixer back in February. So I've been waiting since then. Couldn't afford to save for the second one straight away as I had other things to pay that unfortunately had to come first but now I'm ready to start saving for the other Gemini CDT05.

I'd rather be four months with my second choice set of decks than three months with no way of mixing at all!

So, it's not just me not willing to wait for a while, I have been waiting and by now I'm chomping at the proverbial bit. My birthday is this weekend and I was hoping to take some money now, get a CD deck to do me for a couple of months, and get the other Gemini CDT05 hopefully before I have to splash out again for Christmas things. My OH is getting me the deck but I've said to him if he sees something that is more than he's willing to spend I will add to it.

If my pc ran XP instead of Vista I would be able to save for the turntables at my leisure and run mp3s through the mixer. I have speakers, headphones, et cetra.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I'll most likely be selling my cdj 200 and 800 in a couple of months, bad timing...:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭pecker1992

hey neesa im selling a set of Stanton c314,s for 600 euro if your interested there immaculate like new ive a set of pioneers 800 on the way these are a great deck mp3 compatible vinyl emulation and 7 on board effects and plenty more iff your intersted just let mr know

• Advertisement

Thank you Pecker but I have since gone out and bought a Kam1100

324737-kamkcd1100.jpeg

It's actually really good and as I have a three channel mixer (Gemini PS04) I can have the Kam in Channels 1 and 2 and the CDT05 in the third channel.

Advertisement