Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Friendly hostels in Melbourne at Chrimbo

• 31-07-2008 5:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭

Hey,

We will be a christmas-homesick couple in melbourne this christmas.Will be there from dec 21 to 27th and was looking for recommendations for hostels with a good atmosphere at this time in the melbourne area.We've been considering the st. kilda area - we were hoping to get specific places recommended around here?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

There's Cooee in St. Kilda. I didn't stay there but a workmate did and he lived there for a few weeks. Loved the place!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Hey,

We will be a christmas-homesick couple in melbourne this christmas.Will be there from dec 21 to 27th and was looking for recommendations for hostels with a good atmosphere at this time in the melbourne area.We've been considering the st. kilda area - we were hoping to get specific places recommended around here?

Cheers

Base St.Kilda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Glacier

How old are you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Glacier wrote: »
    How old are you?

What do you mean?Santa does visit australia doesn't he? jokin.

two of us,couple,26.Have absolutely no idea what chrimbo is like there or what their traditions are.We are both quite christmas traditional and are gutted we are missing it.We are hoping that we will be in a place where people will be in the same boat and are willing to have a bit of a laugh christmas eve and day,instead of staying in rooms etc.I'v stayed in hostels that have no social atmosphere whatsoever(mainly because tvs in the room) and stayed in places where every resident seems to get together for a few drinks - we like to party and that but we don't particularly need to be getting blind drunk,but a few bevvies will be had.

So we're looking at booking this Back of Chapel place,on chapel st i guess.Hopefully everyone should be fairly cool and want to celebrate like us!

ho ho ho!

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Doubs

I stayed in Base for awhile out in St. Kilda, its pretty cool. They have a good hostel bar & they normally have something going every night, recommended. Plenty Irish in St. Kilda aswell, probably moreso than anywhere else in the city, plenty bars & stuff its good craic. I moved into the city eventually but its only a short spin in a taxi/tram.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Doubs wrote: »
    I stayed in Base for awhile out in St. Kilda, its pretty cool. They have a good hostel bar & they normally have something going every night, recommended. Plenty Irish in St. Kilda aswell, probably moreso than anywhere else in the city, plenty bars & stuff its good craic. I moved into the city eventually but its only a short spin in a taxi/tram.

Hey doubs.stayed in a base in christchurch nz.Its a kind of super-hostel i guess,found it a bit unfriendly although wa only there for two nights.They are lookin for crazy money for a double room at this time aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Doubs

I'm guessing by super hostel you mean size wise? Base in Kilda's isn't all that big, its not small either though. I found the place very friendly, couldn't complain. Most of the people working there are backpackers working there for free accom, so needless to say there very outgoing. Don't know what the double rooms are but I'm sure its mentioned on the site, 8 bed dorms were about $24/13e a night

Advertisement