Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accommodation

Options
  • 31-07-2008 5:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi hopefully I will be moving to limerick if i get the points in the leaving but where should i look for accommodation?? If i put a deposit on a place now and dont get enough points to go do i get it back? sry about all the questions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Try Cratloe Wood Student Village or Thomand Village Student Accom. or Grove Island Student Accom.

If you want a private house, I have no numbers but you might get a few from the college!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 fawnwillow

Thats great, thanks for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭luder

Also have a look on www.limerickpost.ie

look in the the classifieds section, usually a good selection of houses,

The areas around LIT include, mayorstone, old cratloe road, ennis road..

• Registered Users Posts: 31,864 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

It asks on the application for Cratloe Wood what date do you plan to move in...when does college actually start for first years?

ANyone at all out there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭RINO87

there should be a calendar for the academic year on lit.ie, you may aswell move down as early as possible as they charge you for the full month of september anyway.

Okay...they just have in bold writing underneath that the year is 39 weeks andI thought you might have to make it last just the 39 weeks.

Thank you!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭luder

Usually the student villages allow you to move in on the first week in september... around the 3rd 4th etc..

College starts then on the start of the second week of september, around the 8th 9th etc. The first years have an introduction week (freshers week) then after that all courses start up again..

Thank you very much!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭fionntang

in cracloe wood myself,what's the craic like there, mostly 1st years that go there is it?

• Advertisement

fionntang wrote: »
    in cratloe wood myself,what's the craic like there, mostly 1st years that go there is it?

Fixed that for ya there....

There's a mix tbh, good few 2nd and 3rd yrs there aswell... I lived there last year, wasn't bad...

I'm in there too, my friend is going into second year and he said that they usually put first years in the first 40 or so houses and the rest are further back in the village!

mars bar wrote: »
    I'm in there too, my friend is going into second year and he said that they usually put first years in the first 40 or so houses and the rest are further back in the village!

keeping as close to security as possible ,are you going in as a 1st year mars?

Yeah I am, going to take a trip down next week to pay the rest off. Hopefully might get a look at the accommodation.

its decent enough like,4 people max per house ,couple of hundred metres from the college and there's an offy and chipper on the complex too

ha! i'll be serving ye beer in that offy!!

ye better have id, ya hear!

il be seeing you on a daily basis so :D,hope ye got dutch?

Miller for me please!

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭hoff1

anyone know what coolraine heights is like to live in?

Miller for me please!

We have a rich one here.... :p

• Advertisement

Steve_o wrote: »
    We have a rich one here.... :p

Haha, I have standards!

Haha, I have standards!
    il know who to plague for a loan so :D

hoff1 wrote: »
    anyone know what coolraine heights is like to live in?

they are really nice houses, fairly new compared to most of the other estates and close to the college, shop across the road, bus stop outside the entrance to the estate.
    Its a very residential area tho, gardai get called to most parties and the neighbours dont really tolerate loud music and drunken shenannegans! But thats not much different to most of the other estates, except for the fantabulous stoney meadows!

il know who to plague for a loan so :D

haha...my mam works in a pub so it doesn't matter whether i have money or not when i go there. that won't be the case in college though, probably won't be able to afford it.:(

Was down yesterday to Cratloe to pay off the rest of the accommodation, it was SO quiet! It'll be different though in September. Houses appear to be nice enough. Did you get your apartment no. yet fionntang?

Was down yesterday to Cratloe to pay off the rest of the accommodation, it was SO quiet! It'll be different though in September. Houses appear to be nice enough. Did you get your apartment no. yet fionntang?

Have my apratment booked since before i got the LC results ,are you heading down on the 8th for registration? ,make shure to drop over for tea and vodka some day :D

RINO87 wrote: »
    they are really nice houses, fairly new compared to most of the other estates and close to the college, shop across the road, bus stop outside the entrance to the estate.
    Its a very residential area tho, gardai get called to most parties and the neighbours dont really tolerate loud music and drunken shenannegans! But thats not much different to most of the other estates, except for the fantabulous stoney meadows!

Stoney Meadows is unbelaaavble....:D

Have my apratment booked since before i got the LC results ,are you heading down on the 8th for registration? ,make shure to drop over for tea and vodka some day :D

I'm heading down on the 7th, gonna collect my keys on the 4th though and just make a list of stuff I need to bring down for Sunday...You supply the tea and I'll have the biscuits!

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

I'm headin back to the Meadows on Monday I'd say. Work then for Freshers week I think.If ye pop into Spar be sure to say hello! I'm the long haired chap that'll be there. Don't let my less then sunny demeanor fool you, I'm a nice guy! :p

lol...see ya soon so Richy!!

• Advertisement

Richy06 wrote: »
    I'm headin back to the Meadows on Monday I'd say. Work then for Freshers week I think.If ye pop into Spar be sure to say hello! I'm the long haired chap that'll be there. Don't let my less then sunny demeanor fool you, I'm a nice guy! :p

...bloody blow ins takin our jobs!

Advertisement